1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the Spurs doing?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by my time to shine, Apr 4, 2022.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

true. He just wanted to play near home for his next contract. But at the end of the day thats kind of the point of free agency

2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

hes alright lol. Hes a 3rd option on a real contender and he wouldnt have the numbers hes getting now

3. my time to shine

youre glossing over efficiency like it isn’t insanely important. Reminds me of Westbrick fans saying Westbrick is better than Curry and Lillard at everything except shooting

Murray is very inefficient and probably will never have a place as an important cog on a well oiled machine

roslolian likes this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

He is a very good defender though unlike Westbrook so there's that. And his inefficiency is due to burden rather than stupidity once again unlike Russ. He's shown no hesitation to differ when asked it's just that the other guards on his team suck. He doesn't forcibly do things that everyone knows he sucks at out of pride/lack of awareness.

Murray: Oh well I guess I have to shoot. Who else will, Josh Primo??

Russ: Me like shoot uga uga *brick*

5. i3artow i3aller

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's happening. The fix is in. The Spurs are tanking. :eek:

Now all the Lakers have to do is win some referee and magnet-ball assisted games.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Cleverly disguised "lemme hate on this dude who was a #29 overall pick" thread. Dude was never drafted to be a sharpshooting superstar. Also, not sure why people automatically think he's trash or whatever, just because he doesn't look like a #1 option on a championship team.

The fact that Murray is who he is, and continues to improve, just goes to show you how good the Spurs' FO is at evaluating talent. A "Westbrook-like" player at pick 29 is a complete steal.

PuzzledFan, B-Bob, Zen Tabak and 3 others like this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I hope the Spurs stay on this mediocre train for the rest of their existence!!

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Imagine an alternate world where the Rockets Trade Harden and end up with Levert and Allen...like a lot of fans foolishly wanted

You likely don't end up with KPJ because his locker doesn't get given away to incoming players from that trade..So you end up with a starting lineup of:

John Wall
    Gordon
    Levert
    Wood
    Allen

That team is likely not finishing worst in the league so no Jalen Green..
    You're paying all that money to Allen so probably don't trade up for Sengun...

Instead you end up topping out as a mid to bottom tier playoff team getting bounced in the play in or in the first round.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vernon Maxwell wasn't efficient either...

You don't look at TS% in a vacuum.

11. my time to shine

Fair. Vernon maxwell played a very different role for NBA teams than Murray does though.

I mainly just think the Spurs are stuck like Chuck and have no high upside players with star potential.

Without tanking or being a free agent destination, idk where they go from here

#31 my time to shine, Apr 4, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    BossHogg713 and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

You actually look at TS% relative to the rest of the league.

For example, Hakeem's 56.5% TS% in 1993 doesn't look very good in a vacuum, but the league average at the time was 52.5%. Making him a +4% true shooter.

That's the equivalent of a 60% true shooter today, now that the league average is 56%.

As for Maxwell, even back then, 50% TS was below average.

hakeem94 and RudyTBag like this.
  13. StevieCrossover

The spurs franchise are warriors, have less known players but still fight. I love that spirit. I wish them well.

PuzzledFan and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I was today years old when I found out Dejounte Murray sucks.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

"There's a lot to unpack here"

Ol' Pop showing he's still hip and cool with the kids on Twitter dot com.

17. my time to shine

“Lessons to be learned are very important as their careers advance”

half of those dudes won’t even be on the Spurs when their careers advance.

Developing a ton of role players is such a bad franchise model - Spurs need pop to retire so they can tank

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

bucks took yanis at 16, nuggets took jokic at 40 something...pistons took middelton at 29 or something ...bulls took jimmy butler at 30...suns got booker at 13...rockets got sengun at 16...gsw got draymond at 34
    you criticising spurs and you seem to be more clueless and backward than them:D

its not 40 years ago... the entire world is the talent pool... top 100 guys young guys in the word are equally talented

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Spurs know what’s up.

We drafted Jalen Green into our toxic, losing, tanking culture and he was unable to develop whatsoever. Sengun and Christopher also got worse as the year progressed because of tanking….

my time to shine likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

But but but think of the honor and pride you get by competing. Dont you realize Jokic was obtained in the 2nd round? Who is better Green or Jokic? Exactly.