1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expectations for Green's second year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Apr 4, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What would constitute a successful sophomore campaign for Green?

In regards to just numbers I think a reasonable expectation would be around 20-25 ppg on above 55% ts with 5 apg and 5 rpg.

However I think by next season we need to start seeing flashes of him taking over games to actually win them. I'm not expecting a .500 win season but I do expect more high production games from Green that directly correlate to winning the game next season. I want to see more assertiveness from him in the final minutes of games and defer less.

Green will also probably start facing sporadic double teams starting next season so it will be interesting to see how he handles being more of the center of attention from opposing defenses.

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

21/4/5 with good defense and 35+ wins

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

This is an extremely hard question to answer. A month ago, I would've said 20 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists.

Now I think it is all going to depend on the role the coaches give him. He has shown over the past 2 months that the more responsibility you give him, the more burden he can shoulder and that his scoring efficiency does not suffer. That is the marker of a truly elite scorer. Just the past 4 games when he was finally given the proverbial "Greenlight" he is going for 31.5 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists on 62% True Shooting Percentage, while only scratching the surface of his ability.

If the coaches hold him back, 21 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists. If they unleash him and make him the unquestioned number one option and the offense has a proper hierarchy, I think he can easily average 26 points per game. He averaged 20.8 points per game in 17 games in March. He's already at that level right now.

#3 vator, Apr 4, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want to see the makeup of the roster first.......ideally we would give him some help in the front court......

DD

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to put a lot on him. I'm hoping JC and Al P show some improvement as well. Not to mention, we should have a top 3 pick that should bring even more scoring. I'm in the minority for Banchero btw.

Jalen: 22/4/4

5 point improvement is reasonable.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Kid is wired to be the best. I think next year he starts a long streak of being one of the most electric scorers in the NBA. His defense will also make strides. The next Houston Rocket championship team will be built around Jalen and casual fans will know who he is. One day Jalen will also lead the league in scoring with an average closer to 30ppg.

Not bad for a bust.

7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Leading the league in scoring on 65% TS and making the playoffs, also he must score at least 52 points in a game so he can surpass the career high of his father Corey Brewer.

8. conquistador#11

22 pts on 17fgs would be extremely nice. Gradually build up.

New finishing moves:
    Unleash the 'giant slayer' floater,
    Dreamshake. (You can tell he is going to want to post up some guards a la kobe and Mj by the way he has tried Dream's move. He is 2/5 using it. One was against the Eiffel tower)

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

Lol but fo real, I think I would be somewhat disappointed if he doesn't get a 50 piece once in his sophomore season.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

10% +/- of Corey Brewers's 2nd season stats?

11. fchowd0311

He definitely has a very pretty fadeaway step back but he mostly does it facing up the defender. Ya once he bulks up a bit I want to see him with his back to the basket posting up smaller guards. He definitely has the footwork, jump shot style and athleticism to incorporate a nice fadeaway turnaround jumper in the post.

xaos likes this.
  12. DreamR

DreamR Member

More points than Cade, more assists than Giddy, more rebounds than Barnes, and more blocks than Mobley

rhee, dockerland, Williamson and 3 others like this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

The maturation from baby to adolescent GOAT.

rhee, ApacheWarrior and persian hoopa like this.
  14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Anything over 20 with a couple game winners and 6ftas per game

xaos and Nook like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

22, 4 and 4…45/37/82 shooting splits…58% TS

110 offensive rating, 116 defensive rating

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

So are you coming back in October to post your prediction?... Cmon DD play, the hypothetical game without reasoning for once big bro ... lol

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I can't because so much changes in the offseason in a rebuild, like do we build around GREEN as the number 1 option? If so his numbers look different than say we draft Chet, and would build around both......

What do we do with KPJ - I think he is still learning - and if you have Chet and Green do you need a KPJ, or are you better off with a Nix.....someone that is more ball secure.....which increases stats.

But just for giggles I guess.

I expect Green to be over 20PPG in his 2nd year and there is a good chance it is significantly over.

DD

charlieaustin likes this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

I would love to run KPJ, Green, Martin Jr, Sengun, Chet and see what that brings. Green/KPJ has to be your primary scorers and a guy like Chet makes an impact without demanding the ball every second like Wood.

cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I want him to develop his passing more. I want him to handle the rock more so naturally he needs to learn better reads when he penetrates

harold bingo, Nook and charlieaustin like this.