1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lottery Dilemma?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 3, 2022.

?

Do you want the Rockets to beat the Nets on Tuesday?

1. Yes: A much better shot at 14th pick vs the 17th pick is worth it

36 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No: I don't want any greater chance of getting the 6th pick vs the 5th pick

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

With Detroit and OKC winning tonight I’m not worried about the Rockets dropping out of the bottom 3. At this point it’s all about that Brooklyn pick.

2. whozee

whozee Member

Beautiful, just beautiful...

*Wipes away tear*

robbie380 and groovemachine like this.
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

How many tries did that take? :D

Sweet Lou 4 2 and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I care about the top 4, and the odds are the same for each of the bottom three. I’m not going to stress about the odds of 5 v. 6.

Gimmmethemike and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Paolo and Chet and lets go win some rings.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. 6th vs. 5th is an absolute worst case scenario and I don't think there is as much of a drop off in this draft as there is between like 3rd and 4th.

7. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

So, are we just going to pretend like the 7th pick in the draft is worth the same as the 5th pick in the draft? Because of course, looking at it from the mock draft perspective makes it look like a minor thing, but the truth is, we effed up our tanking job.

Stone better be praying for this ping pong balls because it's going to be 3 drafts in a row where they don't get their #1 guy and then we have to live with the groupies doing mental gymnastics the whole season.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Odd thread bump

groovemachine and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Of course the fifth pick is worth more than the 7th. But this is a top 3 heavy draft, and the odds at landing a top 4 pick remain the same.

groovemachine likes this.