1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

Respected poster or not. Can you say the same thing for his source? Everyone knows he's a doctor and a huge Texans' fan. Could it be his source was trying to use him to spread propaganda or set a narrative among the fans?

The story is too farfetched to be repeated, yet it's now on two different forums. Now that 99.9% of the fans hate Watson, it's a good opportunity to leverage that hate and manipulate fans into giving Cal and even Easterby the benefit of the doubt by blaming all the dysfunction on the pervert. It's too convenient.

2. 3Rings

I think this black coach deal has been overstated. Mahomes vouches for Bienemy. It's not a leap to think that Watson is envious of that KC offense and wanted the same in Houston. If it was as simple as wanting a black HC, last time I checked, David Culley was black.

Anyway, he is now Cleveland's problem and I wish we can move on. But based on that post and how some posters on that other forum wants to keep that ball of hate going, it's now seems like trying to manipulate the fan base.

At the end of the day, Watson having poor character did not give him the NTC or that huge contract without better vetting or made O'Brien a GM or promoted a character coach to VP of football Ops or hired David Culley or gave three HC interviews to Josh McCown.

IMHO. The purpose of this story is to wipe the Texans slate clean and the easiest/laziest way to get it done is to inject race into the subject.

#1022 3Rings, Apr 2, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There was another poster who verified the story. Also a respected poster. Nobody is giving Cal and Easterbunny a pass. However, it was a mutual shitshow on both sides. Also, It was always about power/control and money.

Cstyle42 and 3Rings like this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

With Watson gone you'd think the Texans have moved on but they still gotta talk about him. They gotta hold on to this smokescreen as long as they can before the light falls back on to Easterby again. Lol firing Culley to give a job to Lovie Smith who you could have hired instead of Culley to begin with. It's incompetence. Things like this have nothing to do with Deshaun Watson. Everything that's done in this organization is for image and to maintain a (false) energy of trying to win. They just want your money. Now the hype is draft picks. Years later the blame will be Lovie Smith then years later it will be someone else irrelevant to who is really making these stupid decisions.

BMoney, 3Rings and Fulgore like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um, things like this come out when people move on. You can defend the predator if you want, but Watson is tied to the disfunction. Why don't your follow him to the Browns' fandom, and you can defend him there too.

6. 3Rings

Exactly. Also, if a poster on an internet forum has a source close to the Texans and is frequently posting what this source tells him, how long do they keep that source? How long before they become a tool of that source to get manufactured news to the masses?

The story is either an attempt to influence fans or to provide a scapegoat for fans to forget/ignore the team's incompetence or to find a leaker. I would take any of those scenarios before believing such a far fetched story.

Agent94 likes this.
  7. raining threes

Was that a towel wrapped around the back of his neck?

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Go read the post. No where in that post does it defend Easterby or Cal McNair. It just states what the demands where and Cal's reaction. Keep defending the Butt Predator. I am sure he appreciates it as when he thanked the fans of Houston for their support. Oh, wait.....

raining threes likes this.
  9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm more interested in how long he is suspended - if the NFL just slaps him on the hand its not going to be a good look. Jim Thome's wife is mobilizing in Cleveland to make sure the league knows people are watching.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

I have no desire to read the whole thread, so sorry if it's been mentioned before, but if that story is true why would he pick a new team that has a white HC/Assistant HC/OC/Passing Game Coordinator/QB Coach/Sr Offensive Assistant?

I guess we can wait and see if he demands they clean house in a year or so?

3Rings likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s called 230 mil guaranteed.
    Also their GM is black.

Not that any of that actually matters

rfrocket and raining threes like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I’m betting 8 games.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. 3Rings

You need to take a step back. Where am I defending Watson? Because I don't automatically believe things posted on an internet forum? BTW. I don't need a thank you from Watson. I was a Texans fan before Watson and will be one whether he is suspended, goes to jail or retires. Try again.

14. 3Rings

Exactly. The only color involved here is green. If the Browns doesn't guarantee 230 mil, Watson is playing for the Falcons or Saints.

BTW. The Falcons' GM is also black.

raining threes, ROXRAN and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They're all Browns.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

18. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

19. FEDEXROCKETS13

cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  20. raining threes

If he's suspended for next year then Caserio will have another high pick to work with. Probably 2 top 10 type picks. Come On Goodell lay down the hammer.

cmoak1982 likes this.