1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Creed, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback or Ace of Base

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 1, 2022.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

First response - “and you call yourself a music fan?!”

Second response - “Wait, does that mean you do know SOME of their b-sides?”

Third response - “Limp Bizkit has b-sides?!”

2. Buck Turgidson

Are you going to pack your things and go?

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

one of the above does not belong.

also ace of base takes it 10/10 times. except when creed takes it. have yall even seen the sign?

napalm06 likes this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I hate to be that guy, but I think they all get the short end of the stick, and they all had their moments. I still rock out to each of them (except Ace of Base...never listened to them) on my main playlist occasionally.

Didn't listen to any of them as a fan boy, but let's see...

Counterfeit, Break Stuff, Faith

Animals, Burn it to the Ground, Leader of Men, Something in Your Mouth

With Arms Wide Open, My Own Prison

These are all great songs.

FrontRunner likes this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

admit it, this is an earworm

FrontRunner and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm 34 (35 in a few days; still time for y'all to throw me a surprise party) so just about the right age to have been a Limp Bizkit fan. I even had the red Yankees hat, bruhs. My fandom was strong, yes, but it was short lived. I really liked Significant Other for maybe 6 months or so after it came out, and then I was done with them. The hat went on the hat rack and was retired.

That said, if Faith or Behind Blue Eyes comes on the radio, I'm not changing the station. Probably the same with Break Stuff and Nookie.

So, I have to say Limp Bizkit.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Limp Bizkit was a lightning in a bottle fad at a very specific moment in time. A band can be measured by the fans that makeup their concert crowds... so yeah. Even Fred Durst regrets Limp Bizkit.

Nickelback is over-produced, at times embarrassing, generic cardboard rock and some of the lyrics are an insult to all of that is good and constructive in the history of human experience. That being said, from a pure songwriting perspective the band can write a hook. There are bands out there that wished they wrote some of them (of course... in a more authentic song.)

Creed is a 1.5 hit wonder that falls into the same traps as Nickelback but are actually worse songwriters. Almost every song just feels like the air they put in bags of chips to make the bag feel full. Finally, a major ingredient of their success was pandering to the whole Christian Boomer scene at the time. Pandering to a scene to differentiate your band instead of using the merits of the music is an automatic -1000 points.

For most of my life I thought Ace of Base was "Ace of Bass", so there's that. "I Saw The Sign" is a song I can hum at work to antagonize people but they laugh about it instead of getting pissed off. This "band" just reminds people of innocent/silly times more than embarrassing times. Also the group had two reasonably attractive women in it so it's super woke and whatnot? I think that's how that works.

Verdict:
    Least worst: Ace of Base
    More worst: Nickelback
    Very worst: Creed
    Most Worst: Limp Bizkit

#48 napalm06, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm right there with you. Same age. Probably didn't like Limp Bizkit even as much as you, but they had some good songs.

I was more into nu metal and Limp Bizkit was just a tad too fringy. As I said before, Counterfeit, Break Stuff, and Faith are great.

Xerobull likes this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I listened to the hell out of Creed on the radio and owned a Nickelback album. I can see how people are turned off by both, but they were both among the better "'big" bands of the day .

Xerobull likes this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Think it was Creed that performed from the top of a New York Skycraper on New Year's eve, with mosh pit, and it was bad ass at the time. Broadcast by helicopters. But I can find no evidence of it. And that's all I gotta say about that.

#51 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 2, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've been an unembarrassed Nickelback fan on here. They have fun songs.

As for Ace of Base?

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sounds like a bad dream

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Warlock Pinchers >> Limp Biz

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Ace of Base was just Swedish ESL materials that some DJ accidentally switched out with some Urban Dance Squad.

16. Buck Turgidson

Hah, hadn't thought about them in years, I played the s*** out of this cassette back in the day

[​IMG]

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's what i was going to say. The progressively got worse (much much worse) as time went on, and cheesier etc. The first album was quite unique though.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol come on man. If people like you didnt like bands like Nickelback they would not exist and have sold records. It makes more sense that you do like them than not.

19. Buck Turgidson

Thought exercise: "They have fun songs."

They have sold millions of albums. They have inspired millions of internet posts.

Have people had more collective fun listening to their songs or ripping on them?

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I dont like Creed or most country music or pop music (there are exceptions for both though) I actually have an aversion listening to Nickelback Im physically repulsed by them which if comes to the two genres i listed i am typically just a bit annoyed or ignore it if it is on.

Nickelback though uggghhhhhhh that is one version of my hell listening to that for 10000 years straight.

Buck Turgidson likes this.