1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruno Fernando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cutty312, Feb 10, 2022.

1. fattz

fattz Member

If and only if he takes a team friendly contact -> he is our answer to the back up big. I don’t want to knee jerk but his play and our need matches. He seems to:
    bring hustle,
    plays defense,
    brings much needed rebounding,
    most importantly sets solid picks/screens,
    can finish at the rim,
    plus can shoot free throws.
    He is not perfect-> Not looking for an all star to be a back-up big just fill the role with productivity while helping others get their’s. Keeping Bruno around in a limited role seems like a good thing.

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

How dare you!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Definitely some material for Olajuwon to work with

rhee, burlesk and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gotta admit... he's played better than I thought he would've when we got him in the limited minutes he's gotten.

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s got a sweet stroke from the FT line. Usually when you see that there’s at least something to work with. On top of that, he’s probably/definitely the most physical big on our roster. Might as well see how he develops. Nothing to lose!

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

For real. It's like we traded Theis for a better player that plays the same position, but was only considered a throw-in with Schroder.

dawesome, ArtV, burlesk and 1 other person like this.
  7. alethios

alethios Member

It's refreshing to have a high-motor, aggressive big playing in place of Wood. I seem Bruno as more of a Harrell-light.

hajkov, clos4life, burlesk and 3 others like this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I guess the BIGGER question is, why haven't we seen more of him? I'm sure he's doing the sam things in practice.

I know you can only play so many players but we've been sorely lacking in the paint all season. Why hasn't Silas given this guy playing time, since he's shown to be the most physical player we have?

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

For the same reason we didn’t see more of Sengun: Wood.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I was impressed with some of his footwork in the paint as well. He is definitely worth a flyer at the vet min. He could be a serviceable backup center and could surprise and be more.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I'm not crazy enough to think he's some kind of steal yet because we're playing a lot of trash players on trash teams, lol. But ... he's showing something at least.

ArtV likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Imagine if the owner of the rockets were the real owner so he could play whichever player he likes and finds most useful to try instead of playing politics with players agents and agencies?
    @DeBeards

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am hoping he can be a Mr. Mean type guy.

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's Wood. Wood's future on this team nor in the league is not at the 5. He's a 4 and The Rockets have to know this.

So, if this kid is able to give you what you're missing, which is rebounding and an inside presence, why isn't he playing?

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Plays bigger than Yao, and is trickier than Harden.

Verdict: keep

Easy likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If he can consistently switch, I'm thinking this guy is a keeper. This dude reminds me of Clint Capella on Steroids. This is a dude I would not want to get slapped by at the oscars.

hakeem94, MarioKissoDeath and fattz like this.
  18. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

As you can see from last night, he deserved to get minutes long time ago.
    Specially when you had physical bigs like Valanciunas looking like Wilt when playing against Christian Stick, I mean Wood.

hakeem94 and ashleyem like this.
  19. fattz

fattz Member

He has the perfect name, the Spanish Bull.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The more I watch him, the more I like him. He might even be better than Sengun. They are better players for sure. But from a team perspective, I’ve always preferred athletic, physical big man to unathletic big man. Take Bruno as an example, he doesn’t try to do too much. He either sets screens or cuts hard to the basket without any unnecessary ball hogging. Even his post moves look crisp. Most importantly he’s a legit lob threat. Sengun on the other hand always trys too hard to prove his worth by taking unnecessary dribble or attempting difficult passes, but the fact that he can’t shoot really limits his game and hurt the offense. Not to mention him being so slow really limited the team’s options in pick and rolls. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sengun is out of the league in 3 years.

hakeem94 likes this.