1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

YouTube does have incredible resources

No Ceilings does podcasts and has a guy named Corey who goes by The Draft Dude on YouTube who does breakdowns.

Mike Schmitz hasn't done any recent 1 on 1 film sessions but there are Paolo and Chet ones available using their AAU and high school video.

He'll do updated ones once they commit and I know he's already done one that's unreleased with Jabari Smith.

The Athletic has Sam Vecenie who has plenty of podcasts available and on YouTube.

Denovo, rpr52121, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

treyk3 likes this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

That lineup we just ended the game with minus Tate and add this dude = profit. $$ Defend the paint, rebound, and catch lobs as a vertical spacer.

[​IMG]

#1783 vator, Mar 28, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    Astrodome and Ekiu like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I kind of like that little point guard from University of San Francisco in the second round.

The guard from Notre Dame, Blake Wesley I think will be a good NBA starter.

I would buy a second rounder and draft Yannick Nzosa and take a flier on him.

FWIW several people have told me that the Rockets like........ Jaden Hardy, yes another guard.

D-rock likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What's with the G League infatuation? Do you think Hardy would be in serious consideration with a Top 4 pick or if Houston falls out of the Top 4?

6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think that the Rockets would take Hardy in the top 4. I do think they are likely looking at him with the NETS pick.

Why the infatuation with the G-League? I am not sure. Cole scouts that league a lot and that could be part of it?

The infatuation with Hardy is that they think he can be a high octane scorer and maybe operate as a combo guard.

If he measures well, he could end up in the tail end of the lottery.... people were really down on him at the beginning of the season but supposedly he has a strong work ethic.

Does the fact that the Rockets like him mean much? IDK.... maybe they intend to go interior player with their lottery pick?

D-rock and steddinotayto like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That makes sense. Good value pick in the early-mid teens.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ivey and Green would totally work imo and improving Green's offball game all season is the reason why i believe it would be an insane backcourt with Ivey already having the tighter handle and large nba ready body to play and bully other 1s. Also ALp can run the half court O with these 2 explosive guards cutting and constantly moving.
    I'm completely sold that the top 4 are future stars and i'm at a less stressful place than last years lottery(obviously we could have lost the pick). Just saying if we end up at #4, i won't be the least bit upset. If we drop below, i see some nice high level starters, but not really stars. I like Griffin. I'll probably be upset, but get over it quickly especially if we do other solid moves involving trades. I still expect we'll be in the mid to late lottery next year, but if you don't get a top 4 future star, ride the tank hard one more year for the Frenchie big next year.

vator likes this.
  10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s Silas plan, coaches execute it… Silas didn’t want to put too much in the rookies plate, he said it before the season, during training camp, practices, post games….

Folks don’t listen or read …they just assume and come on here and b*txh.

Just like the folks crying about losing games when we knew this was a 2-3 year rebuild because a Morey gambled away so many of our future picks and Tilman/Stone made it clear also.

Folks just need to relax

11. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have been undisciplined and out of position consistently through out this season. The Rockets have not looked like a very well coached team either.

All those draft picks traded away were because the owner wouldn't pay the luxury tax and he shoved through the Westbrook trade when the GM and coach said it wasn't a good idea.

The Rockets have players leaving the arena at half time, others refusing to enter the game and players clearly giving up on plays while on the court and showing a lack of effort.

The coaching staff is lucky that Green has started to shine after working hard on his game and practicing twice a day with Lucas and film study with Weaver..... because if not for Green, this year would largely have been a waste on the court.

Players can like their coach, but it doesn't mean they respect him.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thing with Sharpe is, you have to believe that Rockets scout Chuck Hayes would have A LOT of intel on Sharpe with his UK ties.

So, if the Rockets take him, they would be well informed.

burlesk, D-rock and xaos like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

That is a very good point on Sharpe.

Coach Cal is also well known for being brutally honest with NBA teams concerning his players as well.

D-rock, xaos and Deuce like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No more combo guards until we know what we are doing with EG, Christopher, and KPJ. If Ivey or Sharpe is BPA I can live with it, but we can’t continue to stockpile combo guards. They are a dime a dozen in the nba. We need to move off some of our other back court players if we are gonna draft guys like Ivey, Sharpe or even Hardy.

D-rock, Bo6 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ousmane Dieng a 6'9" shooter from the 3 spot .... count me in, can he play any defense ?!

That's one of the thing's I'd like to see the Rockets do in this draft is find a full sized 3, 6'8"-6'9" not a 6'4" dude.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I haven't missed a single game since the early 80's .... either in person or on TV.

I remember 14-68 ....

Wonder Bread half price ticket coupons .... a seat at the Summit cost you $6.

burlesk, Ekiu and xaos like this.
  17. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Kofi Cockburn impressed me against UH...hopefully Rockets can grab him with the Brooklyn pick. Rockets need a bruiser.

burlesk likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's a borderline nba prospect. a pick that early would be an absolute waste

D-rock likes this.
  19. vator

vator Contributing Member

20. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Totally understand...do you see him falling out of the first round? Picking him in the second round would be great.