1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Oscars thread? Surely you all caught this.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xenon, Mar 27, 2022.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I didnt watch, was anyone brave enough to make an alec baldwin joke?

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Well, that was interesting. I was watching a special on magician traffiking, and I totally missed this.

Jontro likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ricky insults sexual predators, not black women

5. TimDuncanDonaut

#105 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 28, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    Invisible Fan, jiggyfly, BigM and 6 others like this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I know you're doing a joke, but if your puppy ***** in the house you put her nose in it and say "No!". Then take her outside and show her where to drop her dumpage. If she dumps outside, verbally show her how awesome she is and how much you love her for deucing in the right place.

If she's old, she's earned the right to be forgiven, no questions asked. No dog wants to be bad. Apologize to her that you didn't see her signs that she needed to go out. You're the dip **** here at this point. Then love her and hug her because she didn't want to do that. You forced her situation on her nether regions. Reevaluate your life. You yelled and got angry at a poor old dog that doesn't have the same abilities that she used to.

If that was purely a joke, I apologize for talking to you this way Surfguy. I'm the fuddy duddy that has **** in his pants.

TL;DR - John Wall should start and play 47 minutes for the rest of the year. He's not a dinosaur, he has a shitty contract. He should play every remaining game to prove Houston isn't a bad organization.

P.S. John Wall should be an active Houston Rocket next year. That 20/10 is hard to find.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Man I wanted to see I am legend sequel or prequel. Will smith was good once. I saw king Richard. It is an ok movie. This will probably not go to well for him. When keeping it real goes wrong

clos4life and don grahamleone like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I’m gonna slap you. lol

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Rock certainly crossed the line by a wide margin with that joke. You can't make fun of a person's disability, especially when you know it's something that they have been public about it being a real struggle. That said, Will Smith has to be a grown ass man and not act like a teenager in that situation. Really a huge lapse of judgement and control on his part.

My 14 year old daughter has alopecia universalis that developed when she was 10 and is unable to grow any hair so I absolutely get the rage he had. I've tried to teach my daughter that there are going to be people that say things and how to handle it properly so she is not full of anger her whole life. Sometime people are assholes and never be ashamed of who you are and how God made you.

ROCKSS, Richie_Rich, Jontro and 5 others like this.
  10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Black Air Force Ones energy

11. don grahamleone

If you treat some poor little old dog like this, imma take your dog and she's gonna love me more than she ever loved you. (you probably don't treat her like this so that ain't ever gonna happen)

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You are assuming Chris Rock knew about her condition. Again, not everyone is following Jada’s medical history. If he knew and did the joke, then it would be in poor taste.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

King Richard did not tank today..... wouldn't surprise if Aaron Brooks knew about what were to happen and still made the joke.

That's Entanglement, ladies and gents.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

You are the man.

Edit (Real Daddy right here. Clap for this man.)

ROXRAN and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Do white women not like men sticking up for them?

16. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Lollll

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I met Will Smith last week at an event where he talked about some of his challenges growing up. It was quite clear that he had a very difficult relationship with his father. I assume his father (ex military) hit him and his brother while he was growing up.

Will was very friendly in person. We took a photo together.

That said, a 53 year old man hitting a 57 year old man over a joke in front of the world, then swearing like that when the whole world (including some children) is watching is just ridiculous and shows you have very unresolved anger issues.

Also, I don't think he would have done that to Billy Gervais or some other white guy. There is something weird about there being a lower barrier to doing this when it's another brother. Shouldn't be that way, but seems to be the case.

#117 AroundTheWorld, Mar 28, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im sure they do, but it not as huge a deal as it is in black spaces. black men sticking up for black women is a big deal.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Men sticking up for women is a big deal in any language or colour or creed.

There you go, fixed your comment to finally make some sense.

jiggyfly and RKREBORN like this.
  20. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

There are ways to defend your loved ones without embarrassing yourself or them. Will Smith apparently never learned that lesson. His anger is understandable - he's only human after all, and nearly everyone has a breaking point. But reacting like that makes him look weak and thin-skinned, not strong and mature. Chris Rock clearly got the upper hand here, despite his joke going too far.

He's lucky this was at the Oscars. If he (or any other man) responded like that to someone at the bar or on the street making fun of his GF/wife, there's a good chance that he'd be in handcuffs (or worse) soon. Choose your battles wisely.

clos4life likes this.