1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets @TANKATHON - 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Astrodome, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude you made a big bunch of baloney how there was no way they could win 4 of their last 9. well now it's just 2 of their last 7.

Stop digging yourself into a hole here, just admit you were completely wrong.

And actually it's 3 of their last 4 and 4 of their last 10.

So not sure how you get 2-1 in the last 10 (which makes no sense).

D-rock likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

and i still think them winning 4 is laughable. people like you all crying about 2 wins is purely dramatic

uh dallas was included in the last 10 games of the season. that was crystal clear. so theyre 2-1. not rocket science

you know when you look at the thing called schedule. There was 10 games games left when all this started. And when you look at the 10 games left it started with dallas. confusing to you? it shouldn't be

funny how you're trying not to include dallas. it's a perfect example of when something doesn't fit an agenda it doesn't apply. No Luka and people like you were worried they would win.

my time to shine likes this.
  3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

It’s called giving the young players an opportunity when your 20 games out of first place with eight games to go. Tired of explaining to everyone the absolute obvious about this team and its coach.

BHannes2BHonest and jacoby like this.
  4. Mattician

Mattician Member

Why would any fan of the Rockets care about wins in the last 10 games after being one of the worst teams all season?

How would those wins help the Rockets rebuild and future more than a guaranteed top 5 pick in the draft this year?

Sit guys, throw games, sure. Whatever you wanna call it. Do it. Why do people think they can't?

BHannes2BHonest, jacoby and Y2JT like this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Heard that Tilman told Silas that his job is safe if he ends up winning mist of his remaining games of the season. They feel it’s more important to win these games than get a good pick. Goodbye Jabrari, Chet (thankfully) and Blanchero. We’ll end up with AJ Griffin. Rockets were given a rare, rare gift and somehow screwed it up royally. Having and then losing the first pick is not something to be taken lightly….it can be franchise changing.

jacoby likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. H. Christopher

I’m just happy Sengun and Green had a good game against those Blazers scrubs

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. my time to shine

YOLO is 100 percent correct. You're overreacting to back to back wins against the most impressively tanking team in a long time - OKC still gets the blazers two more times.

Rockets will probably go 1-6 or at worst 2-5 the rest of the way.

We probably won't be guaranteed a top 5 pick but I'd wager that we will be a bottom 3 team with a 52% chance of a top 4 pick.

Corrosion likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

Why not have a tournament for the number 1 pick, six teams participate. They can play them in between playoff games since they take 11 days off between games nowadays.
    I don't think that's still tanking in the 4th tweet, more like development. It's the smart thing to do and it will win games, Sengun and Green starting:
    [​IMG]

The last one is the only definition that should be recognized by the Modern Tanking Association.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I want them to do exactly what other tanking teams are doing. Yes, sit non injured players. In particular, vets. Throw the kids out there and let them get minutes.

BHannes2BHonest, Nook and D-rock like this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its seems an easy deal at this point in the season to think we can just throw our worst players out there to close the season and get the #1. In theory, perhaps. But a number of teams, certain ones ongoingly, go for that #1 season after season and only one team succeeds. No, not an easy thing over any span of games. Lose on purpose that is.

So lets not start assigning blame ahead of time if we miss.

I will add that I will be most disappointed if we pick outside of the top 2 or 3. We need more pieces. The kind that can change franchises.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I don’t even know what you are debating…

L10 games is an actual stat that is tracked at all times at any given point in the season.

Yes it’s true that the Rockets are 2-1 in their last three games(including Dallas), they are 3-1 in their last 4 games(including Dallas), but if you are tracking their LAST 10 GAMES, there is no other stat besides 4 wins and 6 losses in this category

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s the last 10 games of the actual season.

I’m Not talking about the last 10 games played. Who cares about that.

14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Dude the Rockets "C" team would have beaten the blazers this weekend. How about let the season finish out and let the draft lottery occur before whining about winning. Besides there is no LeBron or Shaq in this draft. So who knows maybe the guy drafted at 4 or 5 is just as good as the guy drafted at 1.

Sengun and Green are reason they won last night...you want to bench them too?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

How do you pick the 6 teams? Should I tank to be in the 6 teams and then play like it's Game 7 of the Finals in the tournament to get the #1 pick? :D

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

It's honestly amazing that as bad as we've been all year, Silas has made very little lineup adjustments. He's allergic to trying new strategies because he's seemingly afraid to ruffle the feathers of KPJ and Wood who have not done nearly enough to warrant that respect. Gordon got his money so shutting him down seems completely uncontroversial but for some reason he's taking minutes from Nix and Christopher. The incompetency is very worrying, and I'm afraid the post-Morey years are going to be very bleak for us if nobody in the organization understands common sense.

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But this is what we want. This is what people are worrying about. You can't say there's nothing to worry about or tell people they're overreacting and then immediately say that we probably won't end up with the worst record. It's a valid concern.

18. jacoby

jacoby Member

@Clutch @JacksonGatlin If you read this can you please press Silas and Stone about their decision-making these last 12 games? Don't let them off the hook.

Clutch and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

it’s always easy to defend NOT tanking

but also , **** Christian wood . Dude Slacks off 90 percent of the season and now that he’s vs some scrubs is trying real hard

20. H. Christopher

Gatlin is a puppet who’s afraid of losing his credentials unfortunately