1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tournament Prospect Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really though, he'd have still had a game where he was worthless for 99% of the game against a team full of players who will be YMCA stars in a few years.....and that was when his team desperately needed someone, ANYONE to step up. He just wasn't capable due to the limitations of his game.

He's incapable of running the point, he's not a shooter, he's not a defender.....he's just athletic. For several teams, that could be enough to justify drafting him pretty high, but for the Rockets? They already have a better version of that and he does nothing to fill any of the holes on the team.

His athleticism may be flashy and fun sometimes, but the Rockets have flashy, fun athleticism for days.

As a guard, he's by far the worst shooter at the top of the draft, a draft headlined by big men, that alone should disqualify him for Rockets consideration.

Ekiu, J.R. and vator like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wood is gone for whatever decent assets we can get

if Wood is back, I already know 1 of Sengun or Chet will be on the bench as the Rockets “try and keep Wood’s value high as high as possible for a trade” or something

BigMaloe, clos4life, tinman and 2 others like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ivey had a rough one. I really thought he was going to go nuts vs St Pete. That cinderella team plays so hard on every possession. Ivey is still going to be a really good pro for some team that needs more of a scoring punch, but I may be shying away from adding a redundant player here who doesnt seem to have the instincts to be a pure point guard seems like KPJ can offer very similar things that Ivey can offer. Over his last 20 games Ivey has only had 5 games that have resulted in 5+ assists. If Im adding to this Houston backcourt it should really be with a guy who projects better at the 1 otherwise you are just trying to integrate another SMALLER Jalen Green and further stalling the team construct when you have every option to select a great big man AND add a better fitting player.

This is where perceived BPA handicaps organizations. Same applies to Griffin and Sharpe for me unless you think you can play them at the 3 - where I do believe you can upgrade from Tate, but for me I just may want to do that in-house with KJ Martin instead of those two players or shoot for the moon and move up in the draft using Tate+ as ammo for a guy like Keegan Murray. Adding both Banchero and Keegan Murray to this team in one draft would be almost too good to be true. It would give this team play creation from all 5 positions which is unheard of and enough complimentary defense to find themselves close at the end of games with an offensive staff built to win nail biters.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah agreed Ivey did not look great on the big stage last night, but he will end up being a great pick for the right team. We are so guard heavy right now and Ivey isn’t the clear BPA. So that brings the focus back to the bigs. Chet, Jabari, Paolo are worthy. May 17th can’t come fast enough.

tinman, Ekiu and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What about Chris Webber being a high side comp for Banchero?
    Could see that

BigMaloe, Agent94, GotGame15 and 4 others like this.
  6. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Let's pick Banchero & Mark Williams.

GotGame15 and JamesC like this.
  7. conquistador#11

"Their NBA roles will be so much different."

Will it though, O'Connor?

[​IMG]

8. VanityHalfBlack

Panchero we need

tinman likes this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It’s silly to write-off Ivey because of his last game and ignore the fact that he dragged Purdue to the Sweet 16 and had great games against Yale and Texas.

Denovo and vator like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I’m a Chet Head through and through but for all you Pushing Paolos I have a gift for you. Just replace Canyonero with Pick Banchero.

TimDuncanDonaut and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://www.theringer.com/2022/3/11/22970848/jaden-ivey-purdue-nba-draft

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Jabari Smith is the easiest player to imagine how they fit on this team as constructed. He can guard 1-5, he doesn’t need the ball and he’s an elite floor spacer. If you have him even with another guy whether it’s Chet, Paolo or Ivey you have to take Smith. I don’t have him even with Chet in a vacuum but if the Rockets do, I think Smith should be the pick.

There is a scenario where one of those guys (Chet/Jabari) could fall to 4 if Banchero keeps this up and the right team picks in the top 3 (OKC is a perfect Banchero spot IMO and Sacramento is a great Ivey fit to fill the Halliburton void) I do think as far as fit here it is Jabari, Chet, Ivey and Banchero and as far as overall potential it’s Chet, Jabari, Banchero and Ivey. If Sharpe enters and is as good as he’s rumored to be he could feasibly jump to #1 BPA. Fit? Almost impossible to say because there is nothing but AAU game tape to judge.

mickey_angelo likes this.
  13. vator

vator Contributing Member

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://nypost.com/2022/03/25/paolo-banchero-puts-on-show-in-dukes-win-beautiful-to-see/

BigMaloe, Ekiu, Denovo and 3 others like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paolo played big on the big stage

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chet only fans be hating

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

18. JamesC

JamesC Member

This is my personal wish. I'd also be happy with Jabari and Mark Williams too.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could live with Smith or Banchero, but that's it.....This draft sucks. Not even close to the same stratosphere as last year's.

Rashmon, kpdark, MrButtocks and 2 others like this.