1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Not everyone. I never wanted CP3 gone. I was mad at Morey and James for that.

LosPollosHermanos, clos4life and HP3 like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Actually Sam Cassell, Cuttino Mobley and Elton Brand put the Clippers on the Map

Rocket River

clos4life, JumpMan, Patience and 2 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A young fun loving man called Eric Gordon.

clos4life and Rocket River like this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Harden is GONE man & may never win one. Rings aren’t promised no matter how great you are. FACTS!!!

These players don't have rings...

John Stockton
    Karl Malone
    Chris Mullin
    Dominique Wilkins
    Walt Bellamy
    Bernard King
    Charles Barkley
    Patrick Ewing
    Allen Iverson
    Vince Carter
    Tracy Mcgrady
    Yao Ming
    Adrian Dantley
    Shawn Kemp
    Elgin Baylor
    Tim Hardaway
    Grant Hill
    Kevin Johnson
    Sidney Moncrief
    George Gervin
    Chris Webber
    Dave Bing
    Nate Thurmond
    Artis Gilmore
    Bob Lanier
    Alex English
    Steve Nash
    Pistol Pete Maravich
    Reggie Miller
    Lenny Wilkins
    Penny Hardaway

AHHH well,

They're all BUMS! LOL!!!

clos4life likes this.
  6. Asian Sensation

You keep mentioning this list. It’s not my fault Harden blew some golden opportunities or he’s stupid enough to quit on KD and Kyrie. Add him to the list right next to Westbrook cause neither of them are winning shiet.

Just don’t put him in the same category or dare say he’s better than Steph Curry or KD like some special posters around here claim cause he isn’t. He never was and never will be.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LOL who said it was your fault?

You talk about winning titles as if every star wins one. It ain't that easy. Hell, the Rockets don't have but two in their history.

#1767 TEXNIFICENT, Mar 24, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    clos4life likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

James is half steppin it right now . Haven’t watched in a while . I hope he is anyways . (I saw some highlights of the last game )

to me , the guy that has to step up for them the most is Harris . Get that shot going buddy . And cut hard and use your athleticism.

Will be a fun team to watch in the playoffs

ksny15 likes this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not every star win a title, its just that James Harden is the only one who gets glorified and treated like he did.... I have never seen a great regular season player get hyped up like Harden.

10. HardenVolumeOne

because their haven’t been many great regular season players like harden.

ksny15 likes this.
  11. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Harden is washed. His athleticism has declined probably most than most players his age because he never took care of his body in the offseason. He's slow, can't get much of a jump off the ground, and his shot has gotten worse. I was hoping he would stay on the Nets and decline there. Would have been great for our future picks, and his locker room presence would have been terrible for the team cohesion, which again would help our picks.

cheke64 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

out of Curiousity
    What Players 32 or Older would you put as better or as good as Harden
    Jimmy Butler and DeMar DeRozan are the same age.

Older: Curry, Lowry Paul LeBron

Who else out there stands out?
    Who you see have a better career over the next 4 yrs than Harden

I am just curious where this will leave us

Rocket River

clos4life likes this.
  13. Asian Sensation

Who is Kevin Durant?

HorryForThree likes this.
  14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

My point is simply that he's declining far quicker than a KD, LeBron, Steph, Butler, etc. Because he doesn't take care of his body and that they're much closer to what they were in their primes than he is.

In any case, if you told me i could have Seth curry, Andre Drummond, Ben Simmons (assuming health) and a few FRPs for Harden today I wouldn't think twice, and that in the long run those guys are going to keep them afloat (barring Simmons injury being long term) better than Harden would have.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  15. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Morey never wanted CP3 gone and Harden wouldn't alienate Morey to get CP3 out. This has always been a Tillman move,

ksny15 and HP3 like this.
  16. Asian Sensation

Harden fans will call me a hater (what’s new) and even others might disagree and think I’m crazy but I honestly think they’re better off with Seth and Drummond even if Simmons hypothetically never even suits up. The picks are a sweet bonus.

As good as the Nets were when all 3 were healthy… Harden is on a whole other level when it comes to being ball dominant. Kyrie and KD are both better than Harden when it comes to ISO. One could’ve debated that in the past but at this current stage even the most hardcore Harden fan gotta admit he’s not close to either KD or Kyrie. With Harden being the ball stopper/ineffective off ball player running the point it’s too many chefs in the kitchen. With a healthy KD/Kyrie they’ll never lack scoring. Kyrie back to his natural position, Seth is a much MUCH better shooter than Harden and Drummond’s rebounding/defense/paint protection has been invaluable. Nets are basically a much more balanced and dare I say “free flowing” team with Harden gone. Better spacing, efficiency, spacing etc.

It will be between Nets and Bucks again for ECF. I’ll remind you guys in late May and before then of course when Harden not so gloriously bows out before that time (again).

Also Brooklyn avoided a major disaster by not being on the hook for Harden’s next contract. That next contract gonna be the mother of all albatrosses. You played yourself Morey.

HorryForThree likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude with all due respect, bro you’re a HUGE Harden fan. You would have to be. You have some unhealthy love/ hate situation going on with him in your head (see Skip Bayless’s LeBron obsession ) But you post about the guy every single day, no matter what team he is on. It’s UNBELIEVABLE. I really admire your diligence.

#1777 TEXNIFICENT, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    jiggyfly, Wulaw Horn and HP3 like this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Harden's performance this year definitely reminds me of CP3's in 2019. Just too overweight. It's up to him to turn it around and extend his prime.

daywalker02 and apollo33 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he meant that the Sixers are heavily reliant on 2 superstars, one current and one declining and that is not the most reliable blue print for success when Phoenix are having 4 guys and a bench.

Maybe they get lucky and Harden plays the best ball of his life without getting injured but that is a big ask rn.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

A look at the numbers so far

Isolation points per possession THIS season….whoops…

Harden in Philly : 1.22 (9.2 iso points per game)
    Durant : 1.09 (5.8 iso points per game)
    Harden in Brooklyn : 1.06 (8.1 iso points per game)
    Kyrie : 1.02 (6.0 iso points per game)

Harden career vs Harden in Philly

Career 2FG : 51.1%
    Philly 2FG : 50.0%

Career 3FG : 36.2%
    Philly 3FG : 33.3%

Career TS : 61.0%
    Philly TS : 61.7%

Career Assist% : 33.3%
    Philly Assist% : 41.3%

Career TO% : 15.5
    Philly TO% : 15.4

Career WS/48 : .221
    Philly WS/48 : .223

Philly’s Net Ratings Prior to Harden : Embiid +7.1, Maxey +2.7, Harris +1.4, Thybulle +1.0
    Philly’s Net Ratings Since Harden : Harris : +11.3, Thybulle +9.8, Harden +9.2, Maxey +7.4, Embiid +7.3

#1780 jordnnnn, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    HP3 likes this.