1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official C-Wood as building block thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 20, 2022.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I'm searching for the quote now. I definitely didn't overlook it on purpose. So when I find it, I will respond to it.

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265692/Christian-Wood-Wants-To-Stay-In-Houston

“This is my first year being in trade rumors," Wood said. "I’m not really a fan of it."

Wood said he's committed to the Rockets and that Houston is where he wants to be.

“I’m committed to this organization, and I know they’re committed to me. I’ve given them everything. They’ve given me everything, too," Wood said. "I’m honored and blessed to be here. I’m really just waiting for this trade deadline to be over.”

Wood later reiterated that he has no desire to leave Houston.

"This is my home. This is where I want to be," Wood said. "I’ve told (Stephen) Silas and Tilman (Fertitta) and Pat (Fertitta) and Raf (Stone), and they have the same feeling about me.”

Does this sound like a man who wants to leave?

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  3. FANfrom86toNow

So you don't like Wood or anyone that says something good about him. Any other amazing insight to share?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah wood is supposed to tell the world I want to leave apparently

5. FANfrom86toNow

Facts are very stubborn and rude things to those that have closed biased minds already.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Never said I hated him. In fact he's on my fantasy team lol. I just accept the fact that he isn't a building block and he doesn't fit the rockets who are in full rebuild. He also hasn't proven much as a player when it comes to actually winning. There's a difference there. You take that as hate. It isn't.

7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

No, but he also doesn’t have to tweet his love for the city, either, or consistently say how badly he wants to stay.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

you mean this isn't the modern era of social media. strange.

9. Houston77

Supporting Member

You say strange things sometimes.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

um he said along time ago that he wanted a max contract, i believe this is public knowledge

YOLO likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

noting him being on twitter just isn't important

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I see Wood as a very versatile player with an extremely unique skillset. Sure, he is not a perfect player. But I think a lot of his flaws can be fixed or mitigated by having the right pieces around him. And one of the qualities that people overlooked is his perseverance. He was undrafted and almost out of the league and had to grind his way up.

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Who wouldn’t? Wanting and getting are two different things.

14. Houston77

Supporting Member

Can we please stop saying things are "public knowledge" and just post his actual words? Here's exactly what he said in April 2021, where he says he BELIEVES he will improve to be a max player at the end of his contract. Again, take from it what you will, but he certainly is not demanding a max if that's what you're implying.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...hristian-wood-believes-he-will-be-max-player/

I just want to show fans that by the time this contract is up, I believe that I’m going to be a max player. I honestly believe that. I just have to go out every game with a chip on my shoulder. I know guys see it, and I just have to carry that on to next season. God willing, with no injuries, I think next season will be even better.

D-rock, ashleyem and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  15. FANfrom86toNow

Okay so I saw it now in the video someone else posted on page 9 I believe. He actually said that by the time his current contract is up, he believe he will be a max player.

So to you that means he won't accept whatever contract that his play and the market demands because he said something about a year or two when is contract is over on how good he hopes to have become? Do you understand how confidence works with NBA players? Do you expect him to see that he hopes to be able to get another contract and it will be in the $5 million dollar range once this contract is over so he can save the team some money? smdh

16. FANfrom86toNow

Thank you. People taking that quote to mean that unless he gets a max contract he plans to leave Houston is ridiculous. No team in the NBA is offering him a max contract based on potentially being a 3rd or 4th option on a contender. So people who say he sucks but we need to get rid of him before we or someone else gives him the max, are making absolutely no sense at all.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

it means what i've said all along and this was well before you came around. That he's going to move onto whatever team foolishly overpays him.

The confidence is meaningless. He isn't an actual star in this league. Smart players know what level they're at. It's the dumb iq players that think they're something they're not. That's not confidence. That's just called having terrible bball IQ

18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

um this is what i said lol HE WANTS a max contract! I never said demand, because obviously he cant. Thanks for posting that article and proving my point. Wanting one means hell probably go to the highest bidder regardless if he likes houston or not.

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

After reading the full quote I am even more impressed by his ambition. He is not satisfied and wants more.

20. FANfrom86toNow

First, another misstatement of yours..... I never said you "hate" him. I said "don't like" Facts are a stubborn enemy.