1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I do think they saw it as high potential reward low cost deal and if it doesn’t work then they can dump him with minimal loss. They probably underestimated and didn’t forsee how investment in the 2 bums would hinder Green Sengun and JC.

aaquaa and fattz like this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What if I told you Silas was going to win 60+ games next year with simply the addition of a 190 pound tall toothpick. Gonna happen….mark my words. This guy is a gem in the making and if we let him go we’ll regret it forever.

aaquaa likes this.
  3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

DD I hope you are right! Y

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He’s not….with the 8th pick in the draft the Rockets select AJ Griffin. Silas sucks so bad that when we need him to lose he starts all vets to get 5-6 meaningless wins against cruddy teams. Rockets may extend his contract is the word as they are somehow someway impressed by his player development skills.

aaquaa likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For all those who want to blame Silas for KPJ's outburst, just remember KPJ is the same player who had to be gotten rid of in Cleveland because of his outburst.

KPJ is a troubled young man - there's no doubt about that in the world. He has mental issues he is struggling with. I think Silas has handled it relatively well given that he's only had two kind of bad days out of the year. When you consider the likes of Artest, Rodman, and many others - that's pretty good.

The reason I think KPJ has a decent chance of getting his head right isn't because I have faith in Silas though. It's because of John Lucas. That's a man who knows a lot about helping people get to a better place. And if John Lucas believes KPJ can get there, than so do I.

aaquaa likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hajkov likes this.
  7. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Please fire this bum

aaquaa, ashleyem and Downtown Sniper like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. fattz

fattz Member

Do they see it now? We don’t have to get a return on either Wood or Porter. But cutting them now would be rewarding them because they would both sign with play off teams. Taking on team friendly roles were they both would be successful short term.

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s what we are all waiting for. It will be interesting what they do in the off-season but I think just by the level of play from these players this year including the past couple weeks, they may hold onto Wood at least before the trade deadline unless they have a big deal secured before that. They may want to see what he can be in this 3rd year. I don’t believe they will stay with the KPJ as PG plan and we might see him in smaller deal or thrown into a bigger deal. I really don’t think KPJ has much value and could be used for teams looking to move salary taking on his expired contract.

#490 Stephen_A, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  11. vator

vator Contributing Member

I will be watching these last 9 games very closely. If I even get the slightest of inkling that he is trying to win more than 1 more game I'm done with him. If we win this Portland game tonight, he better be rolling out the veterans are resting lineups tomorrow on a back-to-back. I feel like it is almost impossible that we don't get at least 1 win here and he sure as hell better do everything in his power to not let it end up being 2.

Then as we head down the stretch, I need to see more mysterious fake injuries from Gordon and Schroder. More playing time for Daishen Nix and Josh Christopher. Hell, even Garuba. Actually especially Garuba.

If these things don't happen, I'm 100% out on Silas. If he causes us to somehow win any of these meaningless games because he's throwing veterans on the floor against these scrub teams I won't be able to stand looking at his smiley face any longer. Who cares if you beat Portland anyways? That's not even a legitimate win when they're rolling out there with a team that could potentially lose to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. That win does nothing other than hurt you.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. DreamR

DreamR Member

Silas doesn't know how to win or tank

He is completely and utterly useless

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He has no clue. Why is Schroeder playing the entire 4th. Why did he put Wood in just to get a double double. He barely plays Green without KPJ. No reason Mathew’s should get playing time at all.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Silas:

Green get 23pts in 3 quarters?

Bench him 4th quarter!

BHannes2BHonest and aaquaa like this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I can’t wait we fire stupid Silas...

aaquaa likes this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Headless chicken

18. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Silas is a dumb piece of **** coach! They need to fire his ass right now! Why TF would you keep playing the veterans over the young rookies?! He is stupid AF! Please fire this clown !

aaquaa likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am on fire silas train from the very start of the year but i am afraid he who was stupid enough to hire him could get us someone even worse....

aaquaa likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I feel like this is even more apt when applied to Tilman Fertitta.

The Rockets organisation is now a circus.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.