1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Rockets screw this season up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 22, 2022.

?

Will the Rockets screw this season up by winning too many games?

1. Yes, Clutch is right--the danger is real.

50 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No. While Clutch is still right, dropping out of the bottom three would be no big deal.

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Meh, you win some and you lose some.

8 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Christian Wood was the ultimate tank commander until he forgot his job description.

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. These next ten games are gonna tell us a lot about these Houston Rockets.

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. These next ten games are gonna tell us a lot about next year's Houston Rockets.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. I'm still a proponent of "Play like shet for Chet"

21 vote(s)
    25.6%
  8. Screw the wins, play the kids, and hope the losing continues. Sit EGO and Wood.

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  9. wait a minute, Os T filled in all the poll options himself. That little devil.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  10. Other

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to tanking, the Rockets know how to mess things up. Just take a look what happened the last few games of 2006 when we lost out on Brandon Roy so we could win a few last meaningless games.

Tuckankhamun and ApacheWarrior like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Winning with rookies is a lot different than have wood/vet carry us.
    Rookies are put in the position where they personally carry us to a win = good experiences.
    Wood scoring 30+ points to win games = pointless
    He might not even b with us in the future hence y people have preference on who lead us to victory.

The fact that u can't wrap your head around that notion is astounding.

If Green or sengun scored 30 pts and we win. That's progress cause they will b here.

swoosh1014, IvanLCPM and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. thekad

thekad Member

Wouldn’t be surprised. The average age of the Rockets top 7 most played guys is almost identical to the 45 win Harden/Parsons/Lin team. OKC by comparison has an average age nearly three years younger.

Make no mistake. This is an incompetent organization trying to win - not tanking - and failing spectacularly. Playing the vets to secure a few more meaningless wins and worsening the lottery odds is the goal.

The only hope is that the team these dopes built is bad enough for them to keep failing.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

2006! I was still in diapers!

C'mon mannnnn! Tilman was in diapers also.....This is a New Era.....Light the Fuse Era

DeBeards likes this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Giving Silas was too much credit, he is an epically awful. He will go down in history as one of the worst head coaches of all time. Wood has one good game and people act as if anything has changed. It has not, Wood is who is is, Silas is who he is, and this team barely qualifies as an NBA caliber team. Magic just beat the Warriors, relax.

6. fattz

fattz Member

Wood & Porter has EVERY REASON to sabotage the team. They are the ones that will be replaced and both want to stay and get paid. If the picks aren’t here what are we going to do?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

They better not f*ck this up because imo this is the last lotto pick we'll need to tank for.

I'm a huge supporter of developing the young guys, but if you're sitting in last place with ten games to go, do not be a hero to end the season.

Tuckankhamun and IvanLCPM like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Never realized we were close to drafting Roy, who knows how much further we get from 2007-2010 with him on the Roster?

Considering he broke down at about the same time Mac and Yao did, it probably doesn't even prevent us from getting Harden either.

Nelly likes this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Pretty bad poll. Silas is the real tank commander lets never forget that.
    Actually now that I look at it, its pretty wild that this is even possible given how bad of a season it was.

11. Mattician

Mattician Member

Save the wins for next season.

This might be the last draft for a while that the Rockets have a chance at picking a top 5 player.

Green, Sengun, and the 2022 pick leading the way next year. That should be the time to try and win and not worry about draft positioning.

Mathloom likes this.
  12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Are we honestly worried when we got our ass spanked by Grizzlies without Ja, Mavs without Luka, Spurs, etc.? We literally only won because of a performance of a lifetime from Wood.

YOLO and BossHogg713 like this.
  13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Agree.

TriumVirate likes this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Do the Mavs, Kings, or Blazers have serviceable big men that will be playing? If they do we will lose, unless Wood gets hurt and Silas is forced to play Alpi big time minutes. Woods only shows up against teams with p***y centers like himself.

BigggReddd and DeBeards like this.
  15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, 2-8 is too good. If we go 2-8 and those other two teams go 0-10, we're now 3rd, which means we could draft 6th or potentially 7th. I don't think anyone in here is afraid the rockets are going to win like 8 of the next 10 games. It's a worry we could drop out of the #1 spot.

i3artow i3aller and DeBeards like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

no 2-8 is not too good. again folks acting like teams are gonna go 0-10 in these games. not happening

nobody here thought the magic would beat gs last night. stop with the dramatics

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How is this dramatic? It doesn't matter if you're going for the first seed, the last seed, the play in, whatever - if you're only 1 game ahead (or behind in our case) of your competition then those last 10 games are going to be a sweat. It's not being dramatic to acknowledge that.

i3artow i3aller and DeBeards like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

that was more of a as a whole statement then addressed directly to you. its not a sweat when you're the worst team in the league. folks still have a hard time accepting that

harold bingo likes this.
  19. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Powell played well against us. Sabonis is most likely out in the games against us and Blazers spanked us without Nurkic so those are very losable games

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If Stone allows Silas to pull some ****ery and play the vets big minutes in victories, the entire FO needs to be fired for malpractice. I don't trust Silas for ****, and I firmly believe he's going to try and win games to bring positivity into the locker room.