1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breyer retiring

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Jan 26, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How one person responds to "cancellation" | how another person responds to "cancellation"

@tinman

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I still can't believe senator graham asked this questions... will this be a standard question of all USSC nominees? Will they continue a list "Jewish people? Muslims? Buddhists?" Heck, what about atheists?

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Her kiddie p*rn excuse was wack.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I’m a lawyer. I worked in private practice at top firms, and now I hire top lawyers around the country as outside counsel to litigate cases for the company for which I work. This includes lawyers who have argued cases before the USSC and one who is among the ten lawyers who have appeared before the USSC the most. Basically, I am pain in the ass when it comes to legal talent. This nominee is basically unassailable. Ask any credible lawyer, regardless of political affiliation, and they will give the same answer.

The dipshittery by Cruz, Hawley and the like is embarrassing …. to them.

6. Rileydog

this is stupid. Utterly stupid. Unless you profess to understand the role of a trial judge, the sentencing guidelines, the facts of the cases, and the reasoning behind the sentencing decision. Which I know you don’t. So keep being stupid and posting meaningless clips, thinking they are meaningful.

7. Rileydog

then again, you quoting these things indicates that Cruz and Hawley were successful. Their utter stupidity was designed — not to have a serious inquiry about qualifications — but rather to create sound bites that morons who don’t know any better would find to be persuasive and impactful, and then magnify the stupidity by sharing it further.

what could be more basic and appealing than shouting kid p*rn, CRT and other nonsense. And you did not disappoint them. Congratulations.

FranchiseBlade and AleksandarN like this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Rileydog

this is brilliant legal analysis, Congratulations.

10. Rileydog

Im going to have to differ with you here. If Kavanaugh did not commit sexual assault, he sure should have come out with rage and fury. I am not commenting on whether he did or didn’t. But if he didn’t, he should have come across as angry and defiant.

For all the bullshit that Brown is being asked about, none of it is as personal a attack as being accused of sexual assault. Not close.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here’s a criticism that commodore and astrodome can really get behind… a rap star, get it?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. SamFisher

Yes, when black people are accused of things, especially crimes, coming across as screaming, angry and defiant always works right?

Likewise i disagree that screaming foaming anger (which apparently, was to placate Trump) was the appropriate or only response. In fact seemed like it was the opposite - a desperate tactic thrown in when Ford ended up being extremely credible.

Honestly, i think being black and having to endure a bunch of Senators race baiting you but hold back like Jackie Robinson is pretty horrible.

But, I've never done it. Seems bad though

13. Rileydog

i’m not suggesting that black people can come off as angry and succeed in the objective here. Nor do I dispute that if a black person were to act like Kavanaugh did that black person would have been perceived by many as an angry black man/woman. It happens all the dang time.

my only point is that if Kavanaugh didn’t do it, him being defiant and angry is understandable. That he could get away with it but a black man could not - that is almost certainly true. Sad but true,

SamFisher likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. Rileydog

tucker/Fox knows their audience. It is not that complicated. Very easy to sell stupid to stupid.

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. Rileydog

more stupid and you’ll get called out on it every time, Stupid. The sentencing guidelines calculate incidents by mail as separate offenses, and are silent as to computer…because they are outdated and obsolete. Which you might know if you bothered to read or pay attention to what was said during the hearing. But we all know you don’t. Because you are blissfully stupid and continue to prove it by posting stupid things.

try mixing in something that is not completely idiotic. You can do it,

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The child p*rn thing is easy. That’s become a trigger for a segment of right wing voters who believe in the democrats being complicit in a sex trafficking scheme.
    That’s the only reason it’s being used. Good politics, will stir up voters for mid term and useful for hawley if he runs for president

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

At least Mojoman is a Russian Bot. Commodore is a Russian Bot follower.

AleksandarN likes this.
  19. SamFisher

I hate hearing the QAnon-Pizzagate-Soros type stuff described and normalized as "good politics' "rally the base" etc -

It's literally a blood-libel type fantasy (jews eating children, blah blah blah) that is used to foment coups, pogroms, massacres and stuff (which all also had a political angle).

I don't care that you personally do it, but our political journalists now cover it this way and help reinforce it.

It's dangerous as hell.

AleksandarN likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

ofc it’s dangerous but this just a bbs where we can be honest about intentions