1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Back to old ways comrade. Since you can't get on facebook, I guess you have more time to be here.

2. SuraGotMadHops

Mainly because gas is still really really expensive, and that is what matters most to the everyday American. The price per barrel went down, but Americans havent felt it yet.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Actually not a very good article. Apologies to everyone for writing so long on a really bad article. I suggest you skip this post -- I'm mostly just procrastinating.

Shooting war with Russia: Actually, I'd call it a proxy war. What's different this time is that while we have a proxy, Russia doesn't. If anyone's screwed up this little dance, it's them.

Will this end in nuclear conflagration: Maybe, but we're not the ones that up and invaded another country (this time).

Biden is weak: The implication here, I suppose, is that Putin has played the weak, corrupt, and mentally incompetent Biden like a fiddle and is now reaping everything he wanted -- you know, like being stuck in a quagmire in Ukraine, suffering severe financial hardship and inflation, being locked out of much of the world, and facing the prospect of nuclear war with the most powerful country on earth. Putin must be running circles around Biden.

Prewar assurance that the US would not intervene militarily: This is just a passing jab, but I wanted to address it because I think it was one of the really smart things Biden did in the run-up to war. He kept telling the world that Putin was intending to invade, but kept the temperature turned low by reiterating that we wouldn't fight. By doing so, he was able to capture the narrative internationally and clearly set everyone's expectations - that we would do something, but it'd be an economic war and not a shooting war for us. Now, our offensive economic attacks are couched defensively because it's only the consequences we clearly broadcasted ahead of time. Putin can now retaliate if he wants, but he'll look like the aggressor to the world, not us. Even China, who made a deal with Russia right before the invasion, isn't willing to endorse them. So I don't think it was moronic or weak. I think it was the smart play and put us in an advantaged position in the war. Trump, of course, would not have done this. He'd make threats in public and in private would cut a deal to sell Ukraine down the river.

Mental fog: shrug.

Media doesn't investigate Biden corruption in Ukraine, Russia, and China: shrug.

Deep State dismisses Biden's laptop computer: lol.

Color revolutions: I get the feeling this term already has lots of meaning in alt-right circles that this article is depending on. It seems to borrow from Putin's allegations that the protests in Kazakhstan recently and the 2014 Ukraine turnover were both the results of American covert ops disguised as popular uprisings to overthrow their corrupt and pro-Russian dictators. Maybe we did do that (though I can't fathom how). I'm still struggling to understand why overthrowing corrupt, pro-Russian dictators is a bad thing, whether it's grassroots or astroturf.

Biden's election: Anyway, the 2020 election is supposedly a color revolution where American intelligence agencies have somehow overthrown our own wannabe corrupt, pro-Russian dictator. And that's supposed to be a bad thing. And they did this somehow with mail-in ballots like the other color revolutions they've conducted, though in Kazakhstan it looked like massive street protests instead of mail-in ballots. And even though they are magically adept at overthrowing governments, they like to install drooling fools as their new leaders so they can go on to do really stupid things in international geopolitics. Those guys are brilliant.

Axis of evil: When Russia is done getting everything they wanted from us (i.e. military failure, economic turmoil, international condemnation, and the threat of nuclear obliteration), Communist China, North Korea, Iran, and Islamic terrorists are going to come and get some of their own, provided there's any left. Because why?

Trump gave us a thriving economy, energy independence, and stable foreign relations: We arguably enjoyed the first two during his tenure. But foreign relations was anything but stable.

Questionable financial dealings: accusations and innuendo without proof.

Defending Ukraine not in our vital national interest: Here, finally, I can agree. Not an imminent threat. Which is probably why we're careful to not send soldiers. But if you say nothing at all when an adversary invades a large neighbor, the impunity invites more trouble. So the Biden admin launched this economic war to make Russia feel the pain and be deterred. The next act of aggression will have to be met with even greater deterrence, which might even mean hot war. Biden is taking a methodical and measured approach. The author wants to simultaneously say he's weak for not threatening Putin enough, but also stupid for committing America too much to fighting. Really, I think he has the mix right, being tough while not crossing the line into direct warfare.

Ukraine as misdirection so we don't talk about the disaster on the southern border: I think the dude's editor told him he was still 150 words short, so he added some filler. But seriously, we can engineer a color revolution to overthrow Trump, and we can start a war in Ukraine, but the only thing we can do about a 'disaster' on the southern border is find political distractions so voters don't notice? And what are the consequences of the southern invasion anyway - the writer is too wily to say out loud that our white daughters might give us brown grandchildren. Instead, it is the "wanton and mindless destruction of our energy independence and economy." Wtf does illegal immigration from Mexico and Central America have to do with energy independence? Are they using too much gasoline?

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gas prices always float down slower than they rise. And prices will spike as summer gas is more expensive than winter gas due to formulations.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden is in Poland ?
    Someone needs to tell him it’s a European country
    Not a land full of Po People
    @AroundTheWorld @Os Trigonum

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman likes this.
  8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

tinman likes this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

adoo and VooDooPope like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

11. tinman

Supporting Member

you are right
    kids shouldn't know about politics are at that age

they should know basic stuff like who are boys and who are girls
    @Os Trigonum
    @AroundTheWorld
    @Commodore

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tinman likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the pain they are inflicting is intentional

they insanely think by making energy prices so high they can usher in a green revolution

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is the entire world in on this?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yes.

Global Warming is hoax.

Mass species extinction is hoax.

Oceans dying from greenhouse gasses is hoax.

And youuu pay...PAYYYYY for it while the elitessss laugh laugh luagh.

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

thanks for doing the homework JV

@MojoMan, you are still an idiot. You and commodore are about as dumb as they come, but at least he likes my posts when I explain to him how idiotic he is being.

And we all know you won’t bother to respond to JVs post, even though he did the work.

17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

are you still doing last weeks rant of Biden caused oil prices to explode? Do you still believe that Biden is holding companies back from dumping millions of dollars into exploration and development when oil companies have tons of leases they are choosing to do nothing with because stock buybacks and the Permian are way better for stock price? I really thought we covered that material quite well in last week’s lectures, but if you still need help, come by my office hours and I’ll walk you through it again.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess you ignore the fact oil companies are not increasing drilling so they can give profits to Wall Street investors?

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

you think they should drill at a loss?

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No ****ing wonder I couldn’t buy biscuits last time and had to stick to the croissants. Hope they vote that ****er Biden out of office for messing with my food supply.

:oops::oops: