1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How About This Weather We've Been Having?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, May 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is that a new disease?

2. Buck Turgidson

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seeing another potential winter storm warning in TX. Don't forget the lessons from last year.

In the meantime it's sunny and -2 F here in Minneapolis..:(

4. Buck Turgidson

86 yesterday, driving the Mule around checking fences in shorts and flip flops...

29 and snowing right now.

God Bless Texas.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Michael Irvin doing school closings in Dallas is gold.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Been around freezing to down around 20 for 2 days now. The day before those 2 days, we were hammered by a hail storm that blew out peoples' windows. We had ice and a bit of snow falling the past couple of days, too. But on the bright side, it should be around 70-80 degrees in less than a week. My trees/plants/grass don't know whether to bloom, sprout, die, or what.

Buck Turgidson and boomboom like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

This system will be capable of producing large hail, briefly strong wind gusts, and tornadoes. While this system will be dynamic, and the details are to be determined, generally I think we can expect an initial round of strong thunderstorms during the overnight hours, to be followed by a band of heavier rainfall (with less potential for severe effects like hail and tornadoes) sometime around sunrise on Tuesday morning.

Overall rain totals will likely be 2 to 4 inches for areas north of Interstate 10, and 1 to 4 inches for locations south of the freeway. Some inland locations will see more than 4 inches, and therefore we have placed areas north of Interstate 10 under a Stage 1 flood alert. Street flooding is the most likely outcome.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

All hell may be ready to break loose in North Texas in a bit. Bowie, Tx already has a tornado sighting. Y'all stay safe.

J.R. likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I grabbed my dog and got in the bathtub under a tornado warning. No tornado hit but the dog took a crap in the tub while we were in there.

How do you fit in a tub with a full-size yellow lab anyway? She was between my legs facing the faucet. If I heard a tornado coming, then I was going to have to grab her and flip her on her back towards me and then pull some big sofa cushions over us. And, I would have been covered in dog crap getting in that position.

But, we both got out with no turd transfer. I don't know how she did it honestly. They were solid ones.

Barf.

This...after twice peeing on my leather sofa. When she pees on the sofa, I basically clean up as much wetness on the sofa and floor (it drains through), pour doggie enzyme cleaner all over it and the floor, and let it sit for the recommended time before I clean up yet again using all my doggie towels. I also have to treat it from the bottom. A mesh cover was stapled to the entire bottom. Well, I ripped that sucker off. No saving that useless thing. I don't recommend this happening to anyone.

Get in your safe space and...no...it's not a toilet, pets!

Back to the weather! Bob? Bob is having trouble re-focusing his thoughts on the weather.

#1669 Surfguy, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  10. cdastros

cdastros Member

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you have anybody around the College Station area, tell them to duck (get to safety just in case) :

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

West of DFW around Jacksboro and further north towards Bowie got hit by tornadoes. One lady in Jacksboro had her 2nd story completely blown off. A high school had its roof ripped off apparently.

Luckily for the DFW area, those storms weakened slightly before entering our area, but some of us still got some wind and hail damage. Nothing too serious for me (hopefully), but I guess it's almost time for a new roof anyway.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did that guy say “OMG A CAR!” like a car was flying through the air?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If you're at Buc-ee's

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Watch the red truck closely...

18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I can't believe the guy with the camera kept driving TOWARDS the f******* f***** tornado.

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Not a big deal, it's worse driving down Bellaire Blvd on a sunny day.

marks0223 likes this.