1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody on the Suns is crazy enough to touch Silas with a tentpole.

Why bother, you could also tank with Alvin Gentry.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sengun would have 15 turnovers per game trying to bring the ball up the court. He doesn't have guard handling abilities. He's a great passer out of the high and low post. But he isn't guard ball handling material.

I'm starting to think Green needs to eventually be our primary ball handler. He would be good for Sengun as he always is looking for him when he has the ball. Green being the ball handler will give more touches to Sengun.

jcmoon and Believe It! like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL being the lead guard or primary playmaker has nothing to do with who is bringing the ball up the court

Sengun is the best playmaker, best at iso and best at drawing fouls on this team BY FAR

he can do anything with the ball yanis can...theres no reason hes not being groomed like yanis and given the ball as soon hes across the halfcourt line

or he can even bring it up fullcourt if its a transition opportunity because hes very good at it...

aaquaa likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Comparing Sengun to Giannis?

Where is your mind bro?

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It seems like the secret to being good at basketball is to play soccer first lol

9. i3artow i3aller

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol when they were playing bucks earlier in the year sengun neutered yanis...silas had to pull him out in order for bucks to win...
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

aaquaa likes this.
  11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I watched the game. Did you? Sengun did neuter someone in the game, but it wasn't Giannis. Giannis destroyed everyone with 41 and 17. Sengun put up 15 and 5 and left old man Cousins on the floor wondering what happened. Of course Cousins later got the start with the nuggets and dropped 30 like it was nothing. That's a different story.

So your "stats" are not stats and your memory is in question along with your thinking.

I love Sengun. Think he has a bright future. Not sure how good he becomes, but unless he transforms his strength and conditioning he will be limited and will always struggle with longer more athletic bigs. He's highly skilled, but slow and heavy. Just watch him run down the court. There's a reason he is always winded. It takes everything out of him. Watching him run is similar to watching him jump. His legs are like tree trunks. Same reason Yao did not get off the ground or run very fast, but he was 7' 6" and it didn't matter. Even with the best footwork Sengun will struggle against length on both ends of the court.

He is really young. With the right training, conditioning AND diet he should be able to overcome this.

Until he does he will struggle. Unless he does, he will never play at a level worthy enough for the 16th pk much less two 1st rounders.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The footwork translates very well from sport to sport

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

With the improvement Green has made, there’s hope that Alp can make that same improvement with a solid off-season.
    Two great core pieces with more to come.
    I’m pumped about the future. I do wish the system we ran was different.
    Green and Alp play team basketball but can win in iso, we need a coach that can nurture both styles.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. vator

16. i3artow i3aller

I heard this part & immediately thought of Goonie. Al-P at play is a beautiful thing :cool:

17. vator

Nice. I totally see that. Sengun is out there just making stuff up lol

burlesk and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

The control and the precision on the first pass: WOW!

aaquaa likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep but imho second pass is more impressive altho the cut didnt do it justice because he went into several fake pass motions immediatelly after getting the rebound misleading the defense...hes fake game is automatic... and some scrubs analysts call it indecision...
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

20. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

The young man's at #4 on yesterday's Top10 list.