1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grizzlies announcers FLAMES KPJ after this play!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 21, 2022.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I have more respect for Cleveland every day...It's painfully obvious why they dumped this guy for nothing. It's a hard decision to make because he has talent, for sure, but if the Rockets respect themselves as an organization he needs to be gone. Realistically, I am ok with him finishing the year, but that's it.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Cleveland actually even traded up in the draft to pick up KPJ. They gave up a ton of 2nd round picks (generally more valuable than a 30th pick due to cap reasons), which is why their swift abandonment of KPJ was initially considered an under the table deal with Houston.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJr is a clown

Rockets will keep enabling him tho

this dude threw food and just left the arena at halftime without permission

What did that get him? A measly 1 game suspension and then he’s back starting and getting his regular minutes and touches like nothing ever happened…

should’ve been 5 games…1 game for losing his mind, another game for throwing something, 2 games for leaving the arena, and another game just to drive home that his fckery won’t be tolerated

1 game? That’s like u hitting your mom, and all she does is take away the Xbox for 1 night…

he does not have the level of talent to where his nonsense should be tolerated as much as it is

4. fattz

fattz Member

If this is happening in a game then practice must be really fun. If and only if he shows up for it.

And now we know

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought…
    MAYBE just maybe, Wood brings the ball up because Porter won’t.

we need leadership

6. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

Some Players was fighting to get back to the game and some players got no respect for the organisation and the team! I wrote few month before, that KPJ and Wood are good weather player. You say that in germany to player in soccer who play well if they got a good day and they want to play this day. You cant be a good team with player like them.
    If you get something for this two player sell them and get other player who want fight and play. There are player like Nwaba who play only few minutes in a game but he lives this game! He is jumping on every good position of any teammade. Look at the dunkings of Sengün what KPJ does. He is sitting... Wood also sitting. It looks that in the team are group buildings. Thats not a big problem at this moment of a season but they must clear this problem until the next season starts.

7. Tmac1Yao11

Tmac1Yao11 Member

Rightly so ! Absolutely pathetic and unhealthy for the whole organisation. At this point KPJ can do whatever he wants without any consequences.

That is definitely not the way how we create a winning culture again.

34to11, Yung-T and ashleyem like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wonder if he was pouting because Schroeder was the ballhandler.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We say “fair weather”, but you usually only hear that said about fans — “fair weather fans”

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It would be different if KPJ was really good, then he would be worth the trouble. he is just okay and Rockets are putting up with this baboonery?

KPJ plays like Morey sending Olajuwon to recruit Kent Bazemore, Embarrassing and a low for the franchise..

noppeper and ashleyem like this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

To a lesser extent, this has been going on all year with Porter refusing to get back on defense. It’s as much on Silas for tolerating it as it is on Porter for actually doing it. You can’t allow that lack of discipline to go unchecked on a team this young because it will absolutely spread. Silas isn’t the guy for this group, and whoever the next guy is will have to make an example out of someone like Porter to make sure it is known that those kinds of antics simply won’t be tolerated.

fattz, joshuaao, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He is not that good that we should be waiting around for a real coach. At this point he has improved his shooting and he has found a way to have less turnovers, that's it. He still shies away from contact when driving. He still isn't a PG no matter how much this team wants to make him one and despite being absolutely cuddled by this team, he still is acting out. He makes a lot of poor decisions throughout the game. The Rockets are fools if they keep him around. This isn't the first time this season.

I'll admit, I was hopeful for this kid, really hopeful, but I am off the train at this point. He isn't good enough and we have two players that are looking like the future in Sengun and Green that I no longer want to waste my time with KPJ and Wood.

14. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

We're bringing in 2 picks next year, both of whom will need to play. I see KPJ being waived and signing with a veteran team, like the Lakers or the Warriors, where there are clear alpha dogs to put him in his place.

fattz and DaDakota like this.
  15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Makes you wonder if Ben Simmons goes through this same thing in his head , but magnified.

16. BonziWellsGOAT

Two things are true in my mind:

1. KPJ is a cancerous presence on the team and we run the risk of hurting the development of our young players who have all been nothing but professional thus far. Sets just an awful precedent for guys like Sengun, Green, JC and others. Luckily it seems like all those dudes have their heads on right and are pretty tight w one another. I'm personally done w this dude. He's talented but not nearly as talented as some ppl like to pretend and CERTAINLY not talented enough to put up w this bullsh*t

2. Silas is an impotent, toothless and overall just a pushover of a coach. The dude has zero balls at all. He is most certainly complicit in KPJs shenanigans because he enables it through his spineless behavior. He needs to go and go very soon because regardless if KPJ stays or not having a passive observer for a coach is disastrous for any team let alone such a young one.

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You’re hilarious DD….the top sheep ripping on me for my posts and then as always saying the same things months later. Keep following the sheep DD! Again, I originally said KPJ and Silas were HUGE issues only to get flamed big time by the sheep on this board with the chief one being this joker.

cheke64 likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh damn.. I typed "buffoonery"... not the other stuff.

[​IMG]

19. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

You can win with KPJ and Wood a game but you cant join to the Play Offs. You are all long year Fans. I watch Houston weekly since this season but thats what i see.

Yung-T, heypartner and ashleyem like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

When he throws his hands in the air like he just don’t care, you love him even more. — Steve

FrontRunner and conquistador#11 like this.