1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official C-Wood as building block thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 20, 2022.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Since the all star break, C-Wood has been averaging:

20.6 PPG
    10.9 RPG
    2.9 APG
    57.3 FG%
    44.2 3PT%

Don't let KPJ and Silas fool you. With a true point guard who knows how to run pick and roll and a good coach, Wood can be scary. Unless we are absolutely sure about getting a better player in return, we should keep Wood at a reasonable price. Big men with Wood's skillsets is hard to find.

#1 ashleyem, Mar 20, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
  2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He needs to learn how to play a team game. Way too concerned about his touches and doesn’t do the little things. He could potentially learn but he’s been atrocious this year and has honestly taken a step back. This is coming from a fan of his.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

BOOOOOO

wood as a building block is liable to snap in half

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Numbers never tell the whole story on any player

cryout75, cbass, Reeko and 5 others like this.
  5. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Hard to run a pick and roll with a guy who doesn't know how or care to run a pick.

Then, of course, there is the inability or unwillingness to play defense against anyone over 6'7".

But, yes, let's focus on KPJ and Silas, who are clearly holding back Wood from giving a damn.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Don't let his stats fool you. Dude is no good. Defensively he's trash and he's a ball stopper. Trade asap.

He doesn't do any of the little things to help with winning. Boxing out, hustle plays. He only plays when he has the ball.

BigggReddd, cbass, Little Bit and 7 others like this.
  7. conquistador#11

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

9. a time to chill

Would you sign C Wood to a max contract? Because Wood thinks he deserves one.

Patience and jcmoon like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I hope other teams believe the same and give us 2/3 first round picks for their future “building block”. ;)

But they won’t/don’t.

11. xaos

xaos Member

Only block I want to see him on is the trading one

12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Wood is probably the player that is most directly getting in the way of our young guys' development, in my opinion. He insists on bringing the ball up and blowing up set plays with poor decisions, his attitude is poor (though it seems a bit better as of late) and he doesn't play winning, team basketball.

He could be so much more...and a player like Harden could've made him so much more. But the problem is that James Harden isn't walking through that door. Lamelo Ball (probably) isn't walking through that door. And thus, perhaps Wood should be the one walking into someone else's door.

Also he got dominated by Goga Bitzdzdzdzxd and Ivica freakin' Zubac. Doesn't scream building block to me

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fool's Gold.

We already knew without this 'precious' thread that he would be useful on a contender.

This team ain't contending.

Patience, clos4life and Roomba like this.
  14. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

you just said why we are going to trade him….a reasonable price. The man wants to get paid. I can see why the heat want him, they have a defense that can cover his weaknesses. We dont. The bea thing is letting him go to rfa unless a good offer comes for him. If we can keep him as an asset we should, if not let him walk.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Issue with Wood isn't his offense, it's his defense.

We have the worst defense in the league.

Ironically he played better on both ends of the court in Detroit.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are enough games when he is being lackadaisical or laissez faire.

He learned from the best, how to check out of games mentally when he did not feel it.

Great talent though.

17. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

He's a captivating trade chip. I wonder what pieces we'll get for him. He has no concept of team defense or spacing on offense. But his averages may bring us back a player and a pick

Corrosion likes this.
  18. vator

vator Contributing Member

KPjr Wood has more to do with us winning games RIGHT NOW than anyone on the roster

All 17 wins

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The problem with Wood isn’t his talent. I absolutely believe he can be a building block talent wise. He needs to get better defensively but I also believe, that he isn’t trying a lot here.

that being said, a different coach could maybe fix him. Make him set real screens, not take stupid shots, look for the open man, don’t get bullied on defense. He would be capable of all that. So I wouldn’t be against keeping him - but I think we need a coach that really can handle him for him to be effective.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Hoke Moseley

Hoke Moseley Member

Building block for your fantasy team, maybe.

cryout75 likes this.