1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Texans wanted it over soon. They didn’t want and/or couldn’t handle the stress of the situation. This draft, next draft, the timing really doesn’t matter. This will be a rebuilding team for half a decade, with or without today’s trade… So I don’t understand these pretend and self imposed deadlines

2. HardenVolumeOne

how has chris brown shown his true colors.. Prior to the incident with rihanna he had no problems.. then after the incident happened, the leftist media kept attacking him and attacking which in then turn, drove him to a documented manic depressive state. Chris Brown started getting tattoos and piercings and he started to dress like the monster the leftist wanted him to be( gone was the clean cut multi-talented singer that michael jackson had said was the next big thing). The same thing happened to jameis winston at FSU, once the liberal media see a black man that is dominant in his profession, they want to see his downfall and unlike the situation for white athletes or entertainers.. black men DO NOT HAVE COMEBACK STORIES.. they will push and push till nobody even remembers what made you famous in the first place till all they remember you for is the alleged crime they claim you committed.. LOok at michael vick as a perfect example of this( when people say michael vick's name you dont even think football player)... in Jameis winstons case, being falsely accused by a cleat chaser in college became a distraction as winston was on pace to becoming the youngest heisman winner in history and was on pace to set passing effienency record for college football, that not even mac jones recent record would have matched. By the time the 2013 national championship game rolled around againist auburn winston had reportedly gone into a depressive state just like chris brown and had seen his weight balloon up to 265 in the championship game againist auburn. They do not like when black men break records, especially long standing records held by white people. Notice the only way they come after rich black dudes who are straight is with sex crimes( which can not be proven) its basically a he/said she/said and the black men will never get the benefit of the doubt in the court of public opinion

What makes me happy about watson getting his record setting contract, is he played the system, he came out on top and played the game. Now the question becomes who takes him out. Because he made a lot of nfl teams worth billions look stupid. Deshaun watson and Brian Flores knew the rules the nfl played by and came out on top. Deshaun played lights out his first few years and fought hard to get that noi trade clause. This rabbit hole goes deep. The nfl i believe conspired to trade deandre hopkins away so that deshaun watson could fall on his face and people could say the league figured him out. But deshaun got with tim kelly( who is an excellent offensive mind and pep hamilton) and it made him even more lethal. They never wanted pep hamilton with dehsuan watson. Pep is known by many in pro football circles as the "accuracy guru". Deshaun was already an accurate qb, but pep took him to another level, just like he took andrew luck and justin herbert to another level

Deshaun and his black agent mulgeta played this perfectly, now we await brian flores lawsuit

3. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I think the Browns are coming to NRG next year, if these fools give Watson any type of video tribute I'm going to flip my lid.

Blatz likes this.
  4. blackistan

blackistan Member

This franchise is built on mediocrity and clownish moves giving them the laughingstock of the league title many times...heres just another example of fumbling it all away. Five years ago we had Dhop Watt Clowney DW. Shoutout to BOB Easterby and now DW but can't forget Cal the most incompetent owner in the NFL or maybe in all of sports.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope a bunch of people hold up this picture.
    20220319_062501.jpg

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Brian Flores came out on top? How so?

7. Xopher

Xopher Member

Please tell me what year Pep Hamilton coached Deshaun. Also you forgot to pass after you puffed.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Pep never coached Watson. Watson improved under BoB. OOPS!

Pep did help Davis Mills. And thats where the Texans made the smart decision in making Pep OC.

cmoak1982 and Xopher like this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Even Chris Brown didn’t have 22 (more like 30-40) accusers.
    Watson is a piece of ****. I don’t care if he wins 10 SuperBowls, he is still a sexual predator. Go be a Browns fan. There is nothing for you on this site. Harden is gone too. Clean break. @HardenVolumeOne

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Watson is a weirdo.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/more-details-on-deshaun-watson-sweepstakes-latest-on-baker-mayfield

Though there were four finalists for QB Deshaun Watson before the Browns and Texans completed the blockbuster trade that sent Watson to Cleveland, as many as 10 teams were reportedly interested in Watson’s services. In remarks he made following the trade, Houston GM Nick Caserio would not say exactly how many teams made inquiries, but he did note that the interest went beyond the Browns, Saints, Panthers, and Falcons.

“I would say there was a fair amount of teams, but what we tried to do was bring the teams that had a legitimate interest, and that was based off the compensation that was presented,” Caserio said. “I don’t want to get into the exact number, but there was a few more, however many teams than what everybody was reporting towards the end.”

Per Florio, the Colts put feelers out to the Texans, but Caserio was not willing to deal Watson within his division. Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network reports that the Eagles remained interested throughout the process, but Watson was unwilling to waive his no-trade clause for Philadelphia, largely because he is friends with Eagles QB Jalen Hurts and did not want to take away Hurts’ starting job. Wilson adds that the 49ers also placed a call to the Texans last year.

Caserio suggested that reports on the Texans’ being interested in players as well as picks in a Watson swap were at least somewhat overstated, saying, “I would say other than three first-round picks, I would say probably the rest of it was a little bit of speculation.” Still, Wilson reports that if Houston swung a deal with the Falcons, Atlanta CB AJ Terrell would have been intriguing to Caserio, and if the Saints had been able to acquire Watson, New Orleans OLs Erik McCoy and/or Cesar Ruiz might have been a part of the package heading back to the Texans.

In the end, the Browns, who were initially believed to be out of the running for Watson, were able to acquire the three-time Pro Bowler because they were willing to give him a contract — five years for a fully-guaranteed $230MM, which Wilson reports includes a $45MM signing bonus — that other teams were not comfortable matching. We heard at the time the Cleveland-Houston deal was consummated that the financial side of the equation became untenable for the Falcons and Panthers, and Wilson confirmed in a separate piece that Carolina was resistant to a fully-guaranteed pact.

13. Xopher

Xopher Member

I'm not saying this is the dumbest thing I have ever read, but it is close.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yea, Clowney is the big outlier here lol. He keeps switching teams

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What if they just play Kenny G and have slow mo footage of a woman squirting massage oil?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'll continue, since the other guy quit. I'm not here to change your mind, nor do I care to, but I do hope, as an educator, to improve your understanding of the criminal justice system. In the criminal system, there are 2 main juries, the grand jury and the trial jury. The trial jury is the famous stuff we all see on TV and where the "prove beyond a reasonable doubt" part comes in. The grand jury phase is where YOU DON'T HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING. That is why the grand jury indicts 95% to 99% of the time - you can indict anything.

And grand jury proceedings are secret, anythone can say almost anything to the media, but in the grand jury proceedings it's very possible all the women went up and said, "I didn't like the sex but he didn't force me." It's also possible that all the women said, "he raped me" but that's highly unlikely because all it takes is one - all it takes is one person to say "he raped me" and it's extremely likely Watson gets indicted. But this is a guessing game.

All I'm saying is that Watson not getting idicted is a huge red mark on Buzbee and the picture he's painting. Is Watson a creep? Probably. Is Watson a predator? Arguably. Is Watson a criminal - that's really hard to say so compared to the thousands of other famous people or rich people who have actually been indicted of a crime.

Back to the main point of this thread. WTF? Browns? I get the NTC leverage, but it just feels like the Texans' organization is so weak when it comes to negotiations, and it hasn't changed from that perspective since the BoB era. You don't have to twist Watson's arm or tickle his anus to get him to Atlanta - wish they would have fought for the better draft picks.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/20/inside-the-deshaun-watson-deal/

Here’s the breakdown, which is as simple as it gets:

1. Signing bonus: $44.965 million, fully guaranteed.
    2. 2022 base salary: $1.035 million, fully guaranteed.
    3. 2023 base salary: $46 million, fully guaranteed.
    4. 2024 base salary: $46 million, fully guaranteed.
    5. 2025 base salary: $46 million, fully guaranteed.
    6. 2026 base salary: $46 million, fully guaranteed.

Rarely if ever has a deal looked so clear and clean. No games, no fluff. He gets $46 million each and every year. Each year, the relative impact on the cap will shrink, because the total spending limit will keep going up and up and up.

As previously reported, there’s no signing bonus forfeiture or voiding of future guarantees based on the existing allegations against Watson. If he’s suspended by the league, the guarantees remain.

And the current structure minimizes the financial impact of a suspension, given that he’d lose only $60,882 for each game missed. If, for some reason, a suspension doesn’t happen until 2024, the Browns surely would convert most of the $46 million to a guarantee, dropping the salary to the minimum and once again minimizing the cost of a suspension.

18. HardenVolumeOne

immidetaly got hired, and has documented proof of Stephen Ross asking him to tank games. How many other black coaches were asked by their owner to lose games in order to be conpinsated. Lovie smith in 2015 was the head coach of the bucs and Jameis Winston was his qb. Lovie pushed for Jameis to be the number 1 overall pick. While his own offensive coordinator pushed for mariota. Guess who was fired after Jameis won rookie of the year and became the youngest pro bowler in nfl history. That’s right Lovie smith was fired after improving the bucs win loss total from 2 wins the previous year to 6 with rookie Jameis in favor of dirk koetter( who did not like or want Jameis to be his starting qb)

as for Brian Flores, he played it smart and is likely to win his lawsuit. Watson and Flores on the same team would be lethal and it may still happen over in Cleveland. The browns have given Watson roster personnel decision like power. I expect to see Brian Flores over in Cleveland next year

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only in sports, entertainment, and the GOP could someone with 22 civil lawsuits for sexual accusations be rewarded with millions for 5 years guaranteed.

Mr.Scarface likes this.