1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. dookiester

dookiester Member

Good to know your bad takes aren't limited to sports. The difference between a grand jury indictment and a conviction (and thus between failing to get an indictment vs failing to convict) is as vast as the difference between a good sports take and whatever Bobbythegreat thinks about sports.

primtim24 likes this.
  2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Texans vs Browns. If the browns lose I’m wondering what the excuses will be. Might be my favorite game ever if that happens

whag00 likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully Watson gets career ending injury, and then all his fanboys can follow him

whag00 and ROXRAN like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Read what you are responding to again, cite the part where I suggested there was no difference between a grand jury and a trial jury.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harden forcing the Westbrook trade is what really blew the team up. Fertitta did what Harden wanted.....to the detriment of the franchise.

He's since learned his lesson and the Rockets' future looks bright as a result.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

crazy. The team was blown up well before then. And Tillman actually forced the Westbrook trade.. he's even on record saying it was his call..

Every first round pick we wasted for 2 years getting under the salary cap. And letting key free agents walk to duck salary cap was the downfall of the team. CP3 looking like he was playing injured didn't help either. But the team was done well before we got Westbrook. Westbrook was just the last shot and it didn't work out.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It literally wasn't.

They were a 53 win team before Harden forced the trade for Westbrook.

Also, sure Tillman forced it.....but he was acting on Harden's behalf. Harden demanded they make the trade or trade him. Fertitta sided with Harden....by forcing the trade for Westbrook.

It's too recent for you to try and re-write history.

Landry's Tooth likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol Harden has to put up the greatest regular season since Wilt Chamberlain to get us to 53 wins. You really think that was sustainable? He averaged over 45 points for an entire month to drag us from the bottom. That team was pure trash masked by the greatness of one player.

We had 5 players and no bench what so ever.

Harden ask for the trade first I 100% agree with that. Morey was on record saying he told Harden he couldn't get it done and Harden was okay with it. Then Tillman came in last hour and said to do it.

9. dookiester

dookiester Member

Lol first cite the part where I suggested that you suggested there was no difference between a grand jury and a trial jury.

I said you made a bad take which you did, because you said the reason Deshaun wasn't indicted is the same reason OJ wasn't convicted. That's a bad take because of how different an indictment and a conviction are and failure to achieve either reflect vastly different circumstances. It's ok bruh nobody expects much from the guy who vehemently argued with 100% confidence that eFG was a scoring efficiency metric and that TS was a shooting accuracy metric.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, this is what it looks like when someone is proven wrong, but they just can't bring themselves to admit it.

If not for the Warriors, the Rockets win the championship with that team.....and the Warriors stopped being a thing, but Harden had already destroyed the Rockets before they could win.

CP3 then went on to lead a lesser team to the finals.

If not for what Harden did, the Rockets almost certainly win a championship or two with that core.....which is why it's awesome that Harden has failed everywhere he's gone since then.

my time to shine likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The entire point of what you said was pointing out that a grand jury indictment is different from a trial jury coming back with a verdict....you know, something completely irrelevant to what I said.

The people on the grand jury refused to hold a privileged celebrity accountable for abusing women.....exactly the same as when a trial jury refused to hold another privileged celebrity accountable for murdering 2 people.

It's sad that I have to spell this out for people like you, but here we are.

If you struggle to comprehend what I've just said, try reading it again, perhaps more slowly. Good luck!

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What are you saying? Do you not remember that second year CP3? He looked like crap and was still injured. We were the 14th seed when he got hurt. Then Gordon went down. Capela went down. Harden dragged us all the way up to the second seed with 3 guys we picked up off the streets. In Faried house and Austin rivers.

Chris has looked great since then. He adopted a vegan diet and looks rejuvenated. If he played like this that season he woulda never been traded. That's facts. People thought he was done. No chance we win with that team. Our best chance was the team before but a CP3 injury cost us our one shot. Once Ariza and Luc left we were done. Our entire defensive scheme based on switching needed those two guys to be successful. It was too much to ask PJ Tucker to do it all for 48 minutes. Even if we didn't have those two it woulda been great if we replaced them with anyone serviceable but we didn't. So the writing was on the wall. Sorry you didn't see that.

We went up against a Warriors team paying more in luxury tax than our entire roster. Didn't really have a fair shot. Cuz our owner cheaped out.

13. dookiester

dookiester Member

Lol from the guy whose name has become synonymous with being proven wrong and unwilling to admit it

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I believe the story is that Morey attempted it but ended up ultimately telling Harden it wasn’t feasible which he was ok with. Tillman stepped in to make one of the worst trades in franchise history because “Paul’s contract is the worst in the NBA.”

Harden deserves blame for being stupid but you can mitigate dumb personnel decisions by players by not letting them do it. That’s on ownership.

15. dookiester

dookiester Member

You're completely speculating about the reasons why both the grand jury chose not to indict, and why a trial jury failed to reach a unanimous guilty verdict, and using those speculative conclusions to support a bad take. But sure, keep thinking I'm the one with comprehension struggles.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, is that the best you can do kiddo?

I mean, it has to have at least a nugget of truth if you want your trolling BS to be effective. I'm always the first to admit any time I'm proven wrong....then random nobodies like you will seize on those few times in an attempt to bail them out of hot takes that I destroy.

It's okay, at least you tried.

17. dookiester

dookiester Member

Your record speaks for itself so no need to debate that. What hot take of mine are you destroying at the moment?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There have been several stories, and IMO they are put out by Harden and Morey's people trying to distance themselves from what they did.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, the point was that we KNOW that Harden demanded the trade that destroyed the team.

BigM likes this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He may have a Tiger Woods style return from controversy... who knows.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Agreed on the 2nd part. The trade is so far outside a Daryl Morey move that it’s not hard for me to believe he wasn’t on board with it.

Bobbythegreat likes this.