1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson to the BROWNS! Wow!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mario_v, Mar 18, 2022.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

Might be Caserio's only mistake as I see it. Because he could have sold Baker as being a starter here (while looking to deal him all along) as leverage and possibly got another 1st for him. But now Bakers value is diminished in Cleveland because everyone knows that Cleveland HAS TO DEAL HIM ASAP. He'll probable fetch mid round picks. And of course it's not even an option for the Texans

a time to chill and B-Bob like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

whag00 likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Right that’s the one caveat. Then again aren’t those Falcon/Panther offers without the players or some combo of players/additional picks better than the 3rd and 4th he got? Even if it was 3 1’s alone, Cleveland still had the lesser offer based on draft position.

At the end, Caserio took his 3 1’s and walked away like you said. I understand it but personally I think he could and should’ve gotten more. Trading DW4 within the AFC while not getting a Top 10 pick or a single 2nd rounder is not a good return.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It certainly will be interesting.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nicky Scissors is lying. No one wants to come Houston.

a time to chill and mario_v like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They won't. The last thing the NFL wants is for this lie to continue on longer than it already has. Watson will do his little 4-6 game suspension and those 22 women (15 of which are probably from the same stripper party) will disappear as if it never happened. They already did what they were trying to do.

10. conquistador#11

Of course players want to come to Houston, when you offer starter money to special teams players are they going to say no?

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Stoli

Stoli Member

This. The thing that bugs me is Caserio actually went to the trouble to negotiate a fourth for fifth round pick swap in 2024 no less to pretend that we got a fifth "asset" in the deal. I would have simply insisted on a third round pick in 2024 if for no other reason than to save face. Then you legitimately got five real picks or assets in return. The league itself even hands out these compensatory thirds to teams each year. But Caserio obviously doesn't care about the optics here and doesn't view a a third round pick in 2024 as significant. It looks like Caserio just chose to take three firsts and change and move on which I understand. But I'd have more confidence and frankly pride as a fan in the organization if we had stood firm on the five asset asking price that was articulated. At the end of the day I believe Caserio simply chose not to hold up the process and he doesn't care how he himself as a general manager or the team came out looking here as a bit used. He'll just make those picks work for us at the end of the day.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You’re a terrible human.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Vick was convicted criminally and sentenced. Big difference.

a time to chill likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cal approved the NTC. Cal McNair gave power to BOB. Jack Easterby vouched for BoB before stabbing him in the back to keep his job. Those two guys are still there and are the worst things to happen to the Texans franchise. Watson/BoB are now long gone. Texans will still be a mismanaged dumpster fire.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. And for every 1000 rapes 995 perpetrators walk. It's like prove it bi*ch.

Him not being convicted is par for the course in the world of sexual perpetrators.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

This is the time where you would like to have a little more transparency from the GM. Because even though it was reported how great the other offers were, we don't know how the offer changed once his camp asked for the reworked deal Because reports show that Atlanta pulled out after his camp wanted more and more and more. It sounds like the original bidding war changed to Only Cleveland once he wanted more money....

That's just me reading between the lines, but it feels like Deshaun and his camp getting greedy and asking for a reworked 2nd deal, despite not even playing a snap on the 1st deal is what changed all of this. And if that's not the case, It would be nice to hear from the GM what it was then... because I don't think we're all crazy, we all expected 3 top picks, plus 1-2 starter level players....

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sounds like more special team players that no one has heard of type signings.

coachbadlee likes this.