1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well at least Christian Wood just came out and confirmed what we all suspected. Dude is dumb as rocks.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

It makes me not look forward to next season. Wash, rinse, repeat…..

Jontro likes this.
  3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Other player like Tate, KPJ, Wood , and Gordon. Coach sucks and always has….beeds to go but Tilman loves him and apparently losing so expect this same pathetic crew back next year.

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I can confirm this with multiple sources. Heard he provides zero discipline. No consequences for bad actions of players. Intimidated to not play Wood and KPJ even when they should be benched for selfish play. Just a really really bad coach as stated by Hollinger in a recent article. There is no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, just a bunch of frustration.

hakeem94 and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of the starters were put back in during the 4th.

6. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Some try to justify Silas' disastrous rotations by arguing that he rests the starters when the game is lost! The teams that do that are the teams that are in contention for something, that's not the case with the Rockets.
    The best way to develop your top draft picks is by giving them playing time, not benching them.
    And if he wants to watch other players, then he should definitely remove players like Wood or Gordon from the starting lineup.
    Silas cannot continue to coach this team next season, it would be a waste of time and an absolute setback.

hakeem94, harold bingo, fattz and 2 others like this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think being up by 20 and getting hurt is pointless but if you are going to get blown out in most games, you can't have that be the reason not to play the young folks. Then they are not playing in most games. You can't put a blanket rule for all situations. We need the youngsters to get more time together on the court. If Dallas being up can play Luka than you can play your young folks. Silas needs to find combinations that work in different situations and in order to do that you have to play different combos even when you receiving your daily beatdown.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Personally, I feel like the rule of thumb should be young players (and especially rookies) that play hard, should continue to play even if the team is down big. Green stood out as the only player in the starting lineup that played well, he deserves more minutes especially since his minutes were already limited by the previous blowout.

After all, are those 15 minutes of game time really well spent with 29 year old David Nwaba? The Rockets committed 30 minutes to him in the last two games combined. One would think giving an extra 5 minutes to Green playing next to Nix would have been much more valuable, at the very least you get to see new line-up constructions, and also give Green more freedom away from the ball dominant Wood and KPJ.

I recall Green successfully played 1 v 3 defense on a fast break, only for the rest of the team to not bother to get the rebound. Those plays should warrant additional minutes, because if you punish him along with the other players that didn't show up, you're telling Green to basically give up any time the team is getting blown out.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The players look completely clueless out there night in and night out on both ends. He just hasn't been a good coach, straight up.

my time to shine and Imanimal like this.
  10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Silas' refusal to give young guys minutes in a development year is at this point unforgivable. His insistence on not adjusting is as well tiresome. This team is young and lacks talent. But coaching is a problem here.

Imanimal and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  11. vator

vator Contributing Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Silas if you are reading this.. you suck ass!

hakeem94, Imanimal and BossHogg713 like this.
  14. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Deshaun Watson enters chat.

Gimmmethemike and vator like this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen Silas wanted Victor Oladipo, after that disaster Rafael Stone didn't even ask Stephen Silas on who to draft.

Stephen Silas I think gets outdated on each player, Victor Oladipo was slow and injured before the Rockets trade.

Stephen when asked about Mobley he said I wasn't part of the process. Stephen had a real disappointment on his face not selecting Evan Mobley. Makes me not want Stephen Silas here anymore.

Where would Evan Mobley play off the bench and Sengun in the G League having 35 Points 22 Rebounds 7 Assists

Personally I think in the Long Run Jalen Green will be better than Evan Mobley.
    Evan gives me Chris Bosh Vibes.

Jalen Green the most efficient when he has ball in his hands as Rookie, but 4th to last in the League for Rookies in Touches. The Rockets Wood, Porter, Tate, Gordon are really selfish.

And Jalen Green being a spot up Corner shooter as a 5th Option for most of the year is a Failure by Stephen Silas.

16. my time to shine

The Suns will blow us out.

Will Jalen Green get less than 30 minutes for the 3rd game in a row?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What did he say or do?

DD

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Why should he play 30 minutes a game when Silas has to give 33 year old Gordon that time. Silas wants to play the young guys but is too intimidated by the veterans who push him around.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Rochut

Rochut Member

Chris Bosh vibes? That is high praise indeed.

11-time all-star
    2 rings

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

11 time All-Star, 1 All-NBA team (All-NBA second team), Bosh actually has the greatest discrepancy between all-star selection to all-nba selection.

No disrespect to Bosh, he's a Hall of Fame player, and he was definitely up against other great players. However, he also benefitted from being in the East (which was, for the longest time, a far weaker conference) so the competition for all-star spots was far fewer. Which is why when conferences were removed from the equation, Bosh couldn't compete against other forwarders for an award with a smaller selection pool.

That being said, you also can't go wrong drafting a Chris Bosh'est player.