1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Feb 15, 2022.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I think Ben would prefer to be shut down this season. all he really wants is to get his money from Philly.

2. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Mine is that there are people out there who will still defend and make excuses for Westbrick, lol

3. i3artow i3aller

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Durant at his size is the most unstoppable offensive player , Top 2 all time next to Jordan (not counting wilt). I said this years ago.

5. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

LOL

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the key to any series is gonna be coaching.
    I think someone will have to Bully the Nets

Rocket River

MettaWorldPete and hakeem94 like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

#147 i3artow i3aller, Mar 16, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

With that kind of injury you're looking at a pretty large risk of reaggravation. Sounds like he's getting an ESI in the lumbar spine to try to reduce symptoms. Not a great injury for a person who relies on athleticism to do their job.

Deckard, MettaWorldPete and hakeem94 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

#149 J.R., Mar 16, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so you dont think durant was always on teams 3 x more stacked than harden's?

what has durant ever done alone like harden was for most of his career? A BIG NOTHING

like Lebron, Durant ALWAYS PLAYED on a lot better teams and has almost nothing to show for it...

for gods sake scott foster and God himself(0-27) had to intervene for Durant not to lose to CP3-less rockets team

TAKE THAT FOR DATA

Jontro and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yes! thats probably why scott foster had to intervene for him not to lose to cp3-less rockets team and he only had 73 wins, 4 allstars team as help and a hof coach....
    and it wasnt enough.... he needed all the help scott foster could provide....

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Did you watch Durant in OKC? Dude you’re acting like a moron. I despise the dude but from an objective standpoint you’re being a dum dum

Milos, chadyang and red5rocket like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

His back appears to be getting worse than ole boy in Utah

Rocket River

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He was fine when he had a physical earlier in the season. Wtf has he been doing with all this time off?

Rocket River likes this.
  15. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Messed it up sitting too long in his gaming chair.

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He doesn't want to play it seems like

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its been what, a year since he played in a real game and the Nets think 2 games will have him ready to help them in the playoffs?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3198951/202...n-simmons-back-and-more-nba-news-inside-pass/

Wells Fargo Center was an electric environment on March 10, a postseason-level atmosphere that featured all sorts of power players and celebrities in attendance. A series between the Nets and 76ers would be a treat for NBA fans across the world. First things first, though: The Nets need Ben Simmons on the floor to integrate him with Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and an ever-confident supporting cast.

Simmons is dealing with a herniated disc in his back and although his return to action this season is uncertain, he wants to be back on the floor as soon as he can, sources tell The Athletic. Simmons, who had an epidural injection last week to relieve the soreness, has dealt with back issues dating back to February 2020 when he missed time due to a nerve impingement. As Nets general manager Sean Marks said recently, Simmons’ return this season has been delayed due to the back. Then, a target return of March 18 against the Portland Trail Blazers was missed as the back issues persisted.

The 25-year-old is expected to continue to work toward a return for the NBA playoffs and would make his debut whenever he is fully cleared to play, but it’s uncertain when that will be. The Nets are 37-34, having won five of their past six games. Nets coach Steve Nash has repeatedly said the team is hopeful Simmons will play this season.

Along with the return of Simmons, the Nets are still awaiting New York City Mayor Eric Adams’ ruling on the private-sector mandate for city workers. The main vaccine mandate in New York City, Key2NYC, has been suspended, and mask mandates for schools are lifted as well. The mandate for employees remains, and the Nets and most across the NBA have been optimistic about all restrictions lifting in time for Irving to join his Nets in home games for the playoffs starting mid-April. The private sector mandate also will impact the New York Yankees and Mets, with the Yankees’ Opening Day on April 7, just 2 ½ weeks away.

Brooklyn is currently the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference, and its championship aspirations hinge on Irving becoming eligible full-time and Simmons returning to form.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Brooklyn got damaged goods...