1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Very possibly. The things he tried to do early on didn't work but eventually he figured out his spots and what would work.

There's no question that I was skeptical he'd be able to do that so quickly because almost no player does and he proved me wrong about that..... which is great.

I don't think I've ever seen a player be that completely lost on both sides of the ball improve as much as he has in the course of one season. It's something that just doesn't happen.... but it did and he deserves all the praise in the world for it...... however that doesn't mean prior criticism was wrong at the time it was said.

There's a desire to do ex post facto analysis in order to rewrite history, but you just can't do that. Something doesn't become more likely to happen simply because you know after the fact that it happened.

TAB and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You post a lot, but your quality per post is appalling.

You should be learning from Jalen Green on how to improve efficiency mid-season through hard work, maybe then your quality per post will improve.

Phillyrocket, BigMaloe, Nook and 13 others like this.
  3. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Last night's game is the reason why I wanted Jalen over the other rookies. He is clutch. Somethings can't be taught and being clutch is one of them. You either have it or you don't and Jalen has proved that he wants and can hit these last minute shots over and over again early in his career. One of the main reasons why Jalen gets "compared" to MJ and Kobe is because he is known for his hard work. It is very rare to see a rookie improve his game DURING the season. When I say improve, I don't mean just by shooting better. He has improved on his defense, his passing as well as offensive awareness as in knowing when it's best to drive or shoot the ball. This honestly can be one of the all time great drafts. So many potential all-stars/superstars. I have a feeling a lot of the teams picking in the top 5-8 are going to be very happy with their pick(s).

4. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

Absolutely hilarious. Just glad I got it on record in case someone is successfully fooled into believing this nonsense.

5. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

An example of an absolute fact would be saying something like "Jalen Green is ranked near the bottom of the league in X metric".

An example of conjecture and not being able to see past your nose would be saying something like, well, everything you've said.

BigMaloe, Reeko, highpost1388 and 5 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At the time it was dead last in several of them.... which is what I pointed out at the time..... and it's what set off the cult who were denying it at the time.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green haters trying to scrub evidence and take a plea bargain

too bad we caught your dumbasses in 4k

the honorable Judge Reeko recommends a max sentence just for the stupidity

[​IMG]

red5rocket, BigMaloe, Nook and 11 others like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If Green (and others) continue their progression, how much credit does Silas get for that?

I don’t like KPJ at pg, but he has improved since the beginning of the season. Green is improving. JC looks like a real rotation player at the least. KJ…

Last night was probably closer to what his offense should look like.

Zen Tabak and Verbal Christ like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So much space and ball movement without Wood and Tate ball hogging.

DD

cmoak1982, cheke64 and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

We Are All Laughing

highpost1388 likes this.
  11. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

More than he's been getting, I think that much is clear.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, go for it kid. You crazy kids deserve to have your blind faith rewarded.

13. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

He has to get quite a bit. And to be honest, he should - that's what we brought him in for. There's this guy that plays not far from here by the name of Luka that credits Silas for helping his game grow his rookie year.

In theory, he still has to accept blame for a lot of his poor rotational decisions, but my opinion is that a lot of that is influenced by the FO and the fact they didn't trade several vets that are better players (right now) than our young guys and deserve playing time on some level.

Overall though, he deserves his flowers for the improvement of these young guys.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

if the Jalen Green supporters are a “cult,” then the Jalen Green haters are a full fledged hate group

all that venom and vitriol for a rookie…our rookie at that

pathetic

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao

highpost1388 likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree with most people that Silas's in-game rotation is head-scratching. I am not sure how much is ordered from above (e.g. playing certain players more).

We don't really know what is done behind practice doors. You have to give the coaching staff some credit for the improvement of the rookies. The progression is undeniable. How much of it is Silas's credit, and how much is the assistants? At the end of the day, the buck stops at the head coach. He takes the ultimate blames and credits.

According to what we heard from insider intel, Silas is a nice guy and has the tendency to avoid confrontation. He is probably better suited for players who are self-motivating with good work ethics and not so good with headcases and big egos. Green seems to be the former sort and that's good no matter who the coach is.

#4857 Easy, Mar 10, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    xtruroyaltyx and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. conquistador#11

The only pet peeve from his game last night and it's the third time this season it's happened is the lose ball going into the back court. It's okai to get a back court violation touch the ball.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think you have a typo in there. :)

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You call it blind all you want.

We just sit back and enjoy OUR Rockets improve.

highpost1388 likes this.