1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green’s shooting form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by weopeo9744, Aug 6, 2021.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

the better question would be why someone doesn’t have BTG on ignore already.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a welcome change of pace as you usually take yourself really seriously. Glad you can finally laugh at yourself. Must be mentally liberating.

htownrox1, TriumVirate, cbass and 4 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At this point, I'm just going to laugh at those of you in the cult. There's honestly no reason to engage you guys. Every time I do it goes over your head.

The constant knee jerk BS and kindergarten level sophist nonsense seems to be about all you guys bring to the table.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

You called it a career on JG 25 games in. I believe you said the hope had to be that he ended up being a slightly above positive net player at some point in his career.

If you actually watch the games, you should be pretty comfortable admitting that you may have jumped the gun on some of your criticisms.

dmoneybangbang and vator like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Jalen has a unique shot, when it goes in, it looks really pretty, but you can almost immediately tell when it is off.

9. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Forms not perfect but his vertical allows extra space to get it off, he’s shooting well recently so it’s prob not a big deal.

In the off-season he may be able to retool his form if needed/wanted/instructed to do so. I don’t think teams advise you to change something like that during the season, aside from during that time off for injury

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Knee jerk bs? Aren't u the guilty one of that?

Green is at least a few years away from being an NBA caliber player.
    -boobythegreat in November

What a great "accurate" statement from boobythegreat .

Folks call u out on your sht analysis = green only fan.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kid, you know that clearly applies to both of you.

I just have no interest in going back and forth with player only casual fans. There just no upside in it.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Because ignore is for chumps. Sometimes I wish these forums were completely anonymous because I guarantee you if people did not see the posters name they'd agree on quite a few topics. Of course no one would agree that Brewer had more skill than Green currently but I digress

vator likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The fact that u can't see that u r guilty of knee jerk reactions as much as u accuse other posters of doing is just sad.

Imagine only watching maybe a month's worth of green in the nba and then typing it will take a few years for him to b a nba caliber player.

Accurate comments my ass.

So predictable. When someone calls u out on your bs take = green only fan/cultists.

If all fails just act annoyed that responding to any posts is too much waste of a time. Avoids admitting to making any sht post.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Green is awesome, let the kid grow and develop

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yeah I disagree with quite a few things that BTG says, but I read all his posts. Sometimes just for the comic relief of watching it trigger people and him responding. I swear I was going to message him a while back and ask him if he really believed half the stuff he posts or does he just love the reactions and likes to sit back and laugh as he watches people’s heads explode, but I never got around to it. His combative approach to posting is not MY preferred style, but it takes all kinds to make a community of diverse ideas rather than a boring one with a bunch of group think and for that reason it has never stopped me from liking his posts when I read one that I either agree with or when he posts a take in a manner that allows me to respect his position even if I don’t necessarily agree with the opinion.

I’ll never put BTG on ignore. Anything that he would post that would even make me consider that would likely get him banned anyways. Like posting pictures of his junk or something like that.

And if you love to call him out on his BS and argue with him, more power to you as well. You have more energy than I do, but I enjoy reading it.

If he makes you so mad that you feel like you want to meet up with him at a Wal-Mart parking lot to put hands on him, I understand that too and ignore might be good for your blood pressure lol.

#115 vator, Mar 8, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    payaso, burlesk and Scarface281 like this.
  16. csc177

csc177 Member

Reggie Miller had a unique shot too. His shot went in A LOT so folks didn’t have much to say about the unorthodox shooting form.
    The more JG’s shots go in the less ammo folks will have to question his form.

burlesk and vator like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

18. BonziWellsGOAT

Bobby is the biggest gaslighter on the board lmao true projection artist

cbass likes this.
  19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think his form needs a lot of work, although it's frankly, surprisingly effective, and he gets it off quite quickly. It's nowhere near as bad as Lonzo (and Lonzo turned himself into an elite long range shooter), but quite a long ways away from great shooters.

One of the issues is his leg positioning, he doesn't do the sweep and sway that all good shooters do, which means his shoulders isn't relaxed and his shot isn't generating as much power. When he shoots, his left foot is always planted vertically, whereas his right foot strays forward, so he always ends up with a scissor kick after a shot.

That being said, he's known to be a hard worker, and the fact that he can shoot decently well at high volume (by rookie standards at least) despite an unorthodox and unconventional jump shot could mean he could be significantly better in the next few seasons.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Imagine one dude that has been banned from a segment of the posting board because he was so obnoxious and inhumane.

Then gets banned to only post about the Rockets and basketball, forever doomed.

I agree he makes some decent comments but I cannot seem to treat him as a normal poster. Guilty as charged.

vator likes this.