1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wings that can post up are Green's bane right now. We had to double Jimmy everytime he had Green in the post

Mathloom likes this.
  2. verse

verse Contributing Member

If 20 points on good efficiency, on a back to back, as a 20 year old is a poor night (not necessarily disagreeing), then I'm very bullish on Green's future. Right now, what I see is a 20 year old trying to show his talent while still fitting into the team concept. At some point, he going to realize he IS the best option and the "selfish" gene will be activated. When that happens... watch out. The skills are there (and still developing, honestly. Technically, he's still a little flawed). Let's be patient and enjoy the development show and grow. He can be special in time.

3. Nook

Nook Member

As far as I am concerned they both can start their summer vacation now. Neither of them need to be back ne T year anyway.

Milos, Deuce, TriumVirate and 13 others like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt everything you wrote is true. They were annoying. For me, I just filtered them out - being a fan of this team for nearly 40 years, you see a lot of players come and go - a lot of irrational love and irrational hate from people for who knows what reason. With JG, I was surprised how quickly people wrote him off or called those who defended him, "Jalen Green Fans Only."

For me, I'm just happy he's playing well. He always seemed like a nice guy, hard worker. Never understood why people hated his flash or thought the Rockets bought into the hype, or why people cared if he flashed money in a car - I never understood it but here's the thing - I really never cared to understand.

Just filter it out, and if they want to switch sides let them. If they want to root against him to prove they were right because they have small whatever - hey let them. Who the F cares?

Isn't it great just to see the kid do well and be a fan of a team with him on it? You feel me?

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just saying the team was short handed.

Nix actually played some minutes,

Mathews twisted his ankle like on the second play....0 points

BonziWellsGOAT, Tato1971 and Nook like this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm liking Greens efficiency of late. Really only one bad game since Valentine's.

vator and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Jalen was on his way to 50 plus points against the Heat. Silas kept him out too long.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish he would of left him in with Nix at PG… then replaced Green with Christopher when he got cold / tired

coachbadlee, vator and daywalker02 like this.
  11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Anyone that has seen the game can say something about the flow? He had 14 early points and then it seems to have taken a long time for him to score again. Did he miss most his shots in that period? Was the offense looking the other way? After that start he should have gone for 30, maybe even 40 points. Seeing him with good efficiency in the end but „only“ 20 points is kinda strange after that start.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course but he is still the 2nd pick and some of the picks selected behind him could develop to be or are better allround players already.

There was so much hype came draft time, that disappointment had to ensue.

He did bounce back but the Rockets as constructed are a pretty big mess.

You had people calling him Kobe even when he was a net negative, it was more than defending lol. Some were seriously on crack.

You could see that those have never been through a deep draft and were hyping up every rookie including Alperen and Jaygup.

It was like Africans seeing thicc snow on the ground for their first time.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Was getting Uber hot.
    Then butler baited him into quick fouls. Got benched for awhile lost momentum when he came back in. Herro went el fuego though

LikeMike likes this.
  15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not his best performance today in a vacuum, and his legs were definitely gone after the first quarter. However, not much to complain about if he's going 20/1/3 on 50% shooting against the team with the best record in the East on a b2b. The Heat are after all one of the most well-coached, disciplined teams in the league with even better defense than the Grizzlies.

They came in with a clear game plan and knew exactly where the weak spots on defense were. Exploiting Green's lack of strength was a smart coaching move and took Green out of rhythm and forced additional help.

Earlier in the season this would have been a disaster game for Green on both ends, and whilst his defensive issues were exploited he held his own for the most part on offense. However, if this type of game can be considered a below average performance, Green is well on track.

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

All rockets need to do is look at their opponent. Herro was on fire just like green but they kept giving him shots to put up. Kept swinging the ball to him. Rockets on the other hand, sat him down for far too long and then didn't go back to him until he cooked off. Yes he can demand the ball and have people clear out but he needed curls and outlets. Everyone on the team thinks they are the best finishers on a break too so they will never look for someone on the break unless they are covered

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In short a poorly run team that wins a game every once in a while.

Monkeychef02 and eliefor3 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So you just don't read the comments.

Anyways Kobe was contributing to winning his first couple of seasons in the NBa?

I don't recall people saying he WILL be Kobe. They just said his style reminds them of rookie Kobe and that his max possible best case scenario would be someone at his level when he reaches his prime.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Was really a tough defense to beat, they move so well defensively as a team and leave very little space. One of the top teams in the East.

Inexperience and lack of strength really come to haunt you when you’re playing a contender. He did ok, will learn from the fouls and get stronger.

vator and Verbal Christ like this.