1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

MM,

Were actually on the same page here.... This almost feels like the show "The EndGame" Putin has everyone focused on one thing when he's actually doing something else...

T_Man

2. Buck Turgidson

Gamblers are taking the under.

AleksandarN likes this.
  3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

They should do one where Taiwan, an independent country, is removed from Chinese territory.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What is something else. The end goal seems pretty clear for Putin. He never liked that a pro-Russian government was toppled back in 2014, and the new government is inching closer and closer to NATO and the US every year.

He's going to take over and install a government that is pro-Russian so NATO won't have a chance at Ukraine. He obviously feels threatened that a country who is historically close to Russia has had such close ties with the West.

I have listened to narratives out of Russia and China, the state narrative is that the US provoked Russia by supplying Ukraine with weapons and intel, therefore it is a security issue for Russia.

The Neo-Nazi thing is hilariously bad excuse for a full scale invasion. I can't believe there are idiots that actually buy that.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member

Although their views are abhorrent they have been fighting against enemies of Ukraine since their inception I don't agree with it, but the Ukranians need all the battle hardened fighters they can get. Deal with the sorry bastards after they try and help them win the war. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

8. Xopher

Xopher Member

Did Twitter and Facebook do this or did Russia do this to Twitter and Facebook? I believe it is the latter.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We need a Deputinication for Russia.

DD

AroundTheWorld and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. Xopher

Xopher Member

DD, but if Putin is taken out will this stop? I can forsee a struggle for power resulting in a mini Civil War. I fully agree Putin should be taken out though.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I bought the de-militarization though.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are four outcomes: Russian Empire, Putin is overthrown a la Ukraine, Dissolution of Russia (East goes to Europe and West becomes Chinese), and nuclear holocaust.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Out of a fiction novel......but yeah the EU wanted more land, there they go.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. Xopher

Xopher Member

Where does 5. Mini- Civil War in Russia fall in? Or are you including that in one of your scenarios?

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Jesus. The bastards.
    Someone may have posted this, but haven't seen it:

AleksandarN likes this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I'm a big supporter of Zelenskyy and the Ukrainian people but I do not like or support how some of them are trying every means possible to get NATO to step in.

They may think Ukraine is facing it's annihilations so everyone else should to but that's pretty jacked up IMO.

It's shortsighted too. Even if you are able to get NATO and Russia into a shooting war. Ukraine is going to get really jacked up in that scenario anyways.

If Ukraine is successful in provoking nuclear armageddon, nukes will likely fall on Ukraine too and that's a fate far worse then being a Russian vassal state.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

That’s it splits in two.

18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Aligns with* not annexed etc.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. DaDakota

Yes, I don't believe that the others are as smart, or able to control the narrative........the 2nd in charge is generally 2nd for a reason.

DD

20. DaDakota

I don't think we should make decisions based upon fear - we should be aware of them, and work towards not making that happen, but Putin is counting on that in his game plan. Right now, his military is weak, their resolve is weak, he is overextended, and his populace is tied to the benefits of Western society Iphones etc.

He is weak, very weak, and pretending to be strong. We need to do everything to weaken him further.

DD