1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Embiid has been in NBA since 2017 and has been All NBA since 2018.

And his entire tenure in NBA, Embiid has been considered a top center. "Best" is subjective unless talking about GOAT.

This was all before Morey.

And Doc IS overrated but he was the biggest name HC on the market when Sixers hired him.

Stop with the gaslighting.

OWNERS MATTER.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

They got JJ calling this game I’m envious

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Telling you why I disagree with your take is gaslighting now? Come on. Embiid was drafted in 2014. You're just going to conveniently gloss over the fact that he got injured in his first two years? Because that's important.

We were talking about best centers because you wanted to continue using that word. So you suddenly decide to not use the word "best" and go with "top," instead, because it fits your argument as you move goalposts? Sure thing.

Best is absolutely not limited to talking about who the goat is. You can have a "best" this season or a "best" from last season. Durant, Giannis, Jokic, Harden, Embiid, etc etc. Would they be considered GOAT? No. But they can still be the best player on the planet.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm not saying owners don't matter - I think posters are getting confused. I'm saying that it's more nuanced than that.

You guys can laud Philly all you want - but again, remember that Philly was absolutely garbage during the GSW dynasty. The same owners that you guys praise allowed the team to be trash to get Embiid / Simmons / Fultz. Embiid could easily have been an injury bust, jury's still out on Fultz being an NBA player and you guys see what's happened to Simmons.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are right, forgot about his first 2 years injured.

But was on All Rook team in 2017 and has not looked back.

Embiid has been considered the best center or top 3 best centers since.

This was clearly prior to Morey.

Are you denying this?

houston#1 likes this.
  6. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

He's top 5 again.

7. riko

riko Member

Stunned how well harden is moving. It’s so fluid and is shooting close to 60 percent from the field . His court vision is still extraordinarily great. Morey is laughing his ass off

8. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

All looks great so far but the Sixers bench looks very thin. Should have traded them Gordon.

B-Bob and pippendagimp like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Woop. My sixers are killing it!

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What's a typical rotation 8-9 men?

JH
    Joel
    Maxey
    Harris
    Thybulle
    Green
    Niang
    Milton
    DJ ( But should be Reed )

Korkmaz will probably get some PT but he is awful. I mean it's definitely not the best rotation but it's not the worst either. I don't think it's anything that would prevent them from winning a title.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

averaging 17, 4, and 5 on 48/41/87 shooting splits on the season

he was a 30% 3 point shooter his rookie year

u can tell this kid been in the gym putting in work…his jumper looks really smooth, he has a nice floater game, and he can get into the paint with ease

13. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Harden is having monster games so far while also keeping his turnovers to a minimum. It seems like Harden getting out of the drama-filled Nets team was the perfect decision. Embiid gives that extra edge to Harden's game where Embiid can dominate at C position with Harden spacing the floor and always on the move hustling Maxey on both ends complements Harden's passing game as well.

Nets need to rethink their strategy with always injured KD and part-time and often injured superstar in Kyrie. Both KD and Kyrie are phenomenal players but from a team perspective are they a recipe to win a championship? Besides the drama they bring to a team, they hardly stay healthy for an entire season.

Mathloom likes this.
  14. vator

vator Contributing Member

15. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Damn Matisse is so eloquent, I thought he was an overseas French guy that talked like Gobert.

Future in broadcasting confirmed

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It's a lot of fun to watch this team. Everyone knows how good Harden is offensively and anyone with sense knows that Harden is going to be an offensive savant no matter who he plays with.
    I watched the defense he played last night and was pretty impressed. It wasn't just that he took the charge, but he also didn't seem to be drifting aimlessly or asleep at the wheel like he has in the past when he's not engaged. He can be an ok defender when he's of a mind to do so, and has points, obviously when he's pretty good in the past (post defense- quick hands at times). With him getting older he's going to lose athleticism and wanted to see if he was past being able to be ok on defense. I don't think he is. That should be fine if he's guarding the other teams 3rd best perimeter player and remains engaged.

joshuaao, HP3, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Check out his vlogs on YouTube . They’re pretty entertaining.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'll just post this here. Very high production value, too.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think heat or bucks still going to knock them out in East. Its funny cause Harden will do just like he does in all games in Houston. They will Control Embiid, and make maxey look weak. Maxey will have to be the xfactor. But they could possibly give it 1 more year if harden signs a 2 year deal to get it done. I assume Harden wont win a ring, he might get a chance to squeeze pass miami or bucks next year but wont win a ring.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Once Tobias figures it all out, Philly is going to be the best team in the league.

They might not win it all this year because they have to figure out things on the fly and their roster could still use improvement, but give Morey an offseason with this roster and Philly should be the odds-on favorite for next year.

jiggyfly and Wulaw Horn like this.