1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't prove anything. It's not an analytical thing. I just know it when I hear those reporters. You're right no one can know what's going on in their consciousness or subconsciousness. So I get why what I say seems nonsensical and just imagined in my head.

I can only tell you i know it. It's not like reading into something when someone says something. It's not an analysis. It's just really really really obvious. I genuinely believe the people who have this kind of bias are 100% completely unaware of it. I believe they are well-intentioned as well. And it's more than the words being used. It's the way it's said - almost innocently. I can't even begin to say why. That's why I accept your position and completely understand your perspective, because I could never give you the proof you'd need.

Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  2. Beezy

Beezy Member

In Syria. Pain recognizes pain.
    [​IMG]

AleksandarN, basso, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Overall, I am feeling very hopeless about the situation in Ukraine this morning. I do not think that even with western arms Ukraine will be able to withstand the massive destruction Russia is inflicting with it missiles and incoming heavy machinery caravan (even if it’s poorly maintained operated and used). And the kicker is, if NATO, the EU, US, or any other member of the western world gets involved militarily it will become a nuclear holocaust. But sadly, only the western world can save Ukraine from falling and being resorbed into the neo-Russian empire. and with the sanctions, Russia will just push to employment to implement an alternative system of payments with his fellow anti-western countries (Brazil, India, China)

Nook, London'sBurning, Xopher and 2 others like this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I apologize, the intent wasn't to be a dick.

Here are a few articles:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/23/business/russia-sanctions-cryptocurrency.html

https://www.thestreet.com/investing...-could-use-bitcoin-crypto-to-bypass-sanctions

https://decrypt.co/93795/how-russia-could-use-crypto-to-evade-sanctions-following-ukraine-invasion

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Nook likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. Xerobull

Uh, yes we can.

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I'm so mad this morning after watching Zelenky's speech to the European Parliment. If Russia was any two-bit 3rd world country with no/shoddy military, we would have troops on the ground, planes in the sky, and misses in the air. It seems to be our recent history. Yeah I know, Russia has nukes, but damn this pisses me off.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  10. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the entire world would not be in this state of outrage if Egypt invaded Sudan.

Ubiquitin and jiggyfly like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Imagine how our military leadership feels. But anyone who knows anything about Putin knows he’ll absolutely use nukes if he thinks it’ll keep him in power.

We just need to let this be a referendum on keeping nukes out of the hands of any country. Even if our Allies today want nukes, we should not allow it simply because you never know who could come into power and not leave.

But yes I’m pissed too. It would be so easy for the US to send in a unit of F18’s and wipe out that convoy in 30 minutes. Watching and being able to do nothing is terrible but I seriously think the risk assessment for Putin to shoot off a nuke is far too high.

Xopher likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

From Wiki.

The predominantly Serb Chetniks, a Yugoslav Royalist and Serbian nationalist movement and guerrilla force, engaged in mass crimes which are considered by several authors to constitute genocide of Muslims and Croats, while also supporting the instatement of a Serbian monarchy and Yugoslav federation.[34][35] The Communist-led Yugoslav Partisans were able to appeal to all groups, including Serbs, Croats, and Bosniaks, and also engaged in mass killings.[36] In 1945, the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia (FPRY) was established under Josip Broz Tito,[12] who maintained a strongly authoritarian leadership that suppressed nationalism.[37]

The more you know.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a 4 step program ahead of firing nukes and step 1 has been reached.

There is a clear guideline within the Russian Federation that a president can only use nukes when there is an invasion on Russian soil whether by air or on ground and that is not given.

I think Putin is already a war criminal no matter if he fires a nuke detonator or not, and Ukraine is likely to fall without being attacked by one because their logistics will fail within 1 week or so and there is no way help can arrive in time or in the right amount.

If that is what an average American person thinks, then well, good night.

Someone who is pissed does not make sound decisions.

14. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

You don't think a U.S. drone strike can take out that 40 mile convoy in a matter of hours?

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Russia has done a lot of harm to the world in general. They’ve interfered in our elections, influenced our politicians, allowed cyber attacks on our infrastructure and businesses. This is the straw that broke the camels’ back. They’ve poked the bear one too many times and now it’s time to break them. Take notice CCP…

AleksandarN, AroundTheWorld and Nook like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As far as I understand, we are not just talking and flaunting military advancements here but to solve that matter in a more convenient way.

There is no need to get involved again in something that is not on your continent.

This should not be about World Cowboy-ism.

Let the Euros deal with European bordered aggression.

The Europeans will be grateful in hindsight.

I also do not think the NATO will dispatch something big. We'll see.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Those systems are very hit or miss and it does not guarantee no nukes get through and they are limmiited to specific areas what happens to the places that don't have IBCDS capabilities?

And according to your link none of these systems is fully mature against ICBM's

On 1 May 2019 an Engagement Operations Center (EOC) for the Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Battle Command System (IBCS) was delivered to the Army, at Huntsville, Alabama.[76] By August 2020, a second Limited User Test (LUT) at White Sands Missile Range was able to detect, track, and intercept near-simultaneous low-altitude targets as well as a tactical ballistic missile,[77] over several separate engagements.[78][79][73] Army doctrine can now be updated to allow the launch of a single Patriot against a single target.[77][78] By 2021 the Army awarded a $1.4 billion contract to Northrup Grumman for IBCS.[80]

These seem to targeting early model ballistic missiles, not state-of-the-art ICBM's.

Bottom line this is not a mature defense system and not able to ward off multiple ICBMs or newer ICBMs and are not even deployed enough to make any kind of difference.

18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying they will. However, NATO committed to defending Ukraine in exchange for giving up their nukes.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

No matter how this ends, every country will continue or start to get hold of nukes.

Hope there is No nuclear bomb dropped anywhere, before Musk manages to get us onto Mars.

Andre0087 and Invisible Fan like this.