1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

At what point do we shut Eric Gordon down?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 28, 2022.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I just don’t think Schroeder is doing anything Alpi can’t do better except in transition, and Gordon is taking opportunities away from Christopher and KJ. I’d much rather Alpi shoot poorly than Schroeder shoot poorly.

I’m hoping they dump Schroeder at the playoff deadline. Also must be so annoying to KPJ, right when he was playing well for them to acquire someone not better than him to compete with.

Sit Gordon the hell down, sandwich him in bubble wrap and paint a smile on his face. He’s healthy and shooting well, let’s freeze his on court trade value.

Let them teach in practice and in rare appearances off the bench. We’ve had 50+ games, time to see what the rookies have learned.

Really silly having those two around and Gordon only wants to be here now because they couldn’t find him a city he’d like to move to.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The more Wood plays, the lesser his value becomes

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

As long as isn’t 24 months from now

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

You think teams would be interested in Schneider? He got traded away fro. A player contender. Plus we don’t want the Brooklyn squad to pick him up

6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Season is over. Better luck next year. Deep evaluation happens once everyone from Hardens team is gone. I don't think anything is going to change now just because we think it should. It's not the ideal situation but it's not bad either. Rockets would have loved to trade the vets for something respectable but that didn't happen. It is what it is. Hard to get deals done when teams get cheap on assets. Look at the Lakers still grasping for our scraps with DJ Agustin instead of giving us a 1st for Wall in a Westbrook swap.

7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

There is no freezing on court value lol

Jontro likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

you obviously haven't heard of cryo sleep. we put gordon to sleep for years if we have to until we find a suitable trade partner

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, we want to have extreme fun level when tanking.

Fun for all tank commanders and brigades.

Jontro likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just an abject failure not moving him.
    And your reasoning because it was a late first and not a mid first or lottery first? :rolleyes:

Guard Eric Gordon, the subject of much discussion before the trade deadline, has struggled since the Rockets opted to keep him for at least the rest of the season. Gordon, who dealt with a case of plantar fasciitis, has shot only 39.0% from the floor in five games since returning. Houston has been outscored by 63 points with Gordon on the floor during that span.” ESPN

Showcase time was the first half of the season when he was healthy and playing well. Should have been moved in December (when offseason trade restrictions lifted) or January. Instead, you waited until deadline day and didn’t move him at all. … After leaking to anyone who would listen you had a first round pick.

And Schröder too. You think you’re getting something for him too (in the offseason)? Or God forbid you’re gonna actually re-sign him. You’re gonna give Schröder a 4-year deal, aren’t you?

“Daniel Theis is a pro.”
    “Eric Gordon is a great veteran for our young gu(ards)ys.”
    “D.J. Augustin/Dennis Schroder is great to have around the team.”
    “Danuel House is the training camp leader/MVP.”

Daniel Theis
    Danuel House
    D.J. Augustin
    Dennis Schroder
    Christian Wood
    Eric Gordon
    David Nwaba

Got all these veterans to make up for your shitty coach and shitty coaching staff.

Sorry Alperen Sengun and Josh Christopher and KJ Martin and Daishen Nix and future top 7 pick.

#30 J.R., Mar 1, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Why do y’all think that player “teach”? Coaching happens with coaches.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

why would they pick him up. they just picked up dragic and DS wouldn't even be playoff eligible

#32 YOLO, Mar 1, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

When I watch Gordon hobbling out there on the court, a shell of himself, I have to wonder how Stone ever thought he’d get more than a late 1st, and that our team would be better off keeping Gordon rather than trading him at the deadline. Of course there was always the possibility of a package that included more than EG, for a better return, but somehow the debate is late 2022 1st rounder or bust.

I think it’s very clear, for the 2nd year in a row, Stone blew the trade deadline - again waiting last minute. Just freaking incompetent.

Little Bit and slothy420 like this.
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No player on this team made more sense to trade than EG and we didn’t do it.

New Front office has been pretty suspect so far.

15. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Right I despise that idea, especially for someone like Gordon who you never see saying **** unless he's whining to the refs for a call.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

I went to the last game and Gordon was mad the whole game lol

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He sat out willingly last year when healthy so we could tank, he is fine losing game after game and was fine staying.

That is not the guy I want teaching my rookies anything....I want a guy that is DYING to win - but I guess we bench those guys.....

DD

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cannot fault this guy to be fair.

He would be the first to leave if he were to be bought out but everyone looks out for himself as does the organization.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

That's pretty much become a bunch of nonsense at this point. It's merely become a scapegoat for making the stupid decision to keep him still

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I believe Eric Gordon has shut it down himself already

Last 4 games
    32 mins/gm...13.5 (FGA)...37.0 (FG%)...8.5 (3PA)...32.4 (3P%)...13.8 pts...1.5 ast