1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Thank goodness their stealth fighters(su-57) are so few in numbers that they don’t risk losing them to Ukrainian air defense systems. This isn’t Syria they won’t risk losing them.

4. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So I've lived in a couple different parts of the country, and in other parts of the country people wonder why it is that people seem to be a little bit arrogant about Texas. Why people seem to be so proud and hold it to a higher standard. I've tried to explain it a bunch of different ways to different people. Mostly I end up saying that it's because it was its own nation at one point and fought off the budding country of Mexico to gain that independence. Or that the people that settled Texas originally were originators, innovators, and outlaws out of necessity. But, what I was thinking about, is that part of the reason people feel this way about Texas and being from Texas is that you know for sure if something like this ever happened in Texas, the response would be much the same of the people of Ukraine. You know that no matter who is in charge of Texas, they most likely would handle their governorship much like Zelensky is. I would like to hope for the same around the country, but I'm not totally sold on that.

Essentially Don't Mess With Texas could be said about Ukraine.

#2625 Two Sandwiches, Feb 28, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    mikol13, ROXRAN and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He knows that there are alot of Russians plotting to take him out. The distance thing is probably more about that now than Covid.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

lol

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  9. hooroo

hooroo Member

This is a couple days old but maybe part of the reason why Russia hasn't had the quick outcome they had planned?

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's why I put him on ignore a long time ago. Don't need to read nonsense. Just added that Trader who loves Traitors too. He just spurts out propaganda and won't even answer a simple question if you question his posts.

#2630 deb4rockets, Feb 28, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    London'sBurning and Andre0087 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember this?

Screenshot_20220228-070702~2.png

Blatz and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have very little faith in the current leadership of Texas behaving like Zelinsky. Especially given how they acted during a crisis last year when much of the state's infrastructure collapsed and hundred died.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Exiled and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Keep up the good fight @tinman
    Expose the fear p*rn for what it is.

blue_eyed_devil and tinman like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yesterday saw a small protest for Ukraine in the Galleria area.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

FYI: Request from Ukrainians who are friends of ours.

We were over at their house last night, and they asked us to forward a message for everyone we know to their congressman or senator. Also noted that their parents who are in their 70's in Ukraine currently have TWENTY SIX people inside their home who have had to flee Kyiv and some of the other areas. It's unclear how much food their area has coming in from Poland to know how long they can stay in the country which they said they want to do. Their 18 year old Nephew just got sent to the front lines out towards the Eastern part of the country too.

Anyways, here is the message they asked I forward along if you are interested in making a call today:

(keep in mind some of it I don't agree with, but it's not my words)

Dear Senator/Congressman,

I am appalled by the invasion of Ukraine by the Russians. The land grabs Putin has been doing since 2008 are similar to what Hitler was doing in the 1930s around Europe. European countries never united against Hitler, and Hitler was able to occupy them one by one. The United States thought that Hitler was a European problem, but Nazi cancer reached us in Pearl Harbor.

I do not want another Pearl Harbor. Putin is a lot worse than Hitler, and I am glad the civilized world sees this danger and stands united against this neo-Nazi-KGB regime.

Let's cut out this neo-Nazi-KGB cancer before it becomes unmanageable.

I am amazed by the outmanned, outgunned, but strong-willed Ukrainian Army that managed to stop the second strongest army in the world. But it is hard for the Ukrainians to fight with antiquated weapons and Molotov cocktails. They have millions of men and women willing to fight and die for their country, but they don't have guns and ammunition.

Let's give those brave men and women those weapons and ammunition so that they can cut that neo-Nazi-KGB cancer out of their country!

I understand that the US is not ready to send American military force to Ukraine, but I do expect that the US government should help the Ukrainians with more than sanctions. Sanctions, however strong, won't slow down Putin's war. Bullies like Putin need a smack on the head to back out, so let's give Ukrainian people the means to smack Putin's head.

The following is critically needed for an effective response by Ukrainian troops from the sea, air, and land:
    • Protect the skies against Russian military airplanes and cruise/ballistic missiles. Ukraine lost most of the military airplanes in the first few minutes of the war as a result of the surprise morning rocket attack on airports
    • Heavy anti-aircraft launcher systems similar to Patriot MIM-104
    • Additional man-portable air defense systems similar to FIM-92 Stingers
    • Additional man-portable fire-and-forget anti-tank missiles similar to FGM-148 Javelin
    • More ammunition.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine disrupts and threatens the lives of millions of Ukrainian citizens today and potentially millions of European citizens in the future.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. As my elected official, you are in a unique position to stop the beginning of World War III.

deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

AMAZON IS DOWN RUSSIAN HACKERS HAVE WON THE DARKNET CYBERWAR HOW WILL WE BUY THE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He must REALLY trust that cameraman...

London'sBurning and AleksandarN like this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I suspect so... Russia is part of the UN and having a seat on the Security Council can (and did) veto any resolution it wants. And can count on support of other UN members. Russia obviously is not a member of NATO. And is doing everything it can to get rid of NATO.