1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whataburger Vs In-N-Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cloudng8, Apr 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Gosh the cardboard fries comment is so on point. I took In and Out home one night, 5 min drive... took a couple of bites of those fries and used the remaining ones to pack up the house and move.

2. Buck Turgidson

Chic-fil-a fries are the same as in'n'out...fresh is good, by the time you get home you can mash them up and use them like caulk.

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's similar, but not the same imo. And then you have Mickey D's, you can leave those fries on the counter for a week, and they still look and feel the exact same. Not even bacteria or mold will touch them.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was showing a friend from MN the Whataburger by my high school. The one on Westheimer near Buffalo Speedway. Good memories..

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

"You gotta ask for the fries well done and animal style"

Oh, so the fries ****ing suck and even if you ask for that its still bland and now there's bland vomit all over the fries. In-N-Out sucks. P.Terry's does that concept better.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

legit shocked the fries at in and out are so bad. There is no way in hell those are real potatoes.

RedRedemption likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

They are, they just refuse to cook them properly.

Because....reasons?

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

So you're supposed to know you're supposed to ask them to "overcook" them and add something to them that's not on the menu when you walk in. Matchstick fries are terrible to begin with.

RedRedemption likes this.
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I actually love well executed shoestring fries, but In-N-Out does not do them well.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That is what fries taste like when you just cut up a flat-ass potato and stick it in grease.

It sucks because they don't actually do anything to the potato, not the other way around.

In-N-Out is the most overrated fast food joint by a mile, but they do have some redeeming qualities:

• The ingredients, despite how poorly they cook them sometimes, are high quality and fresh.
    • The milkshakes are always good.
    • Great customer service and fast.
    • The prices are some of the best in the business.

DreamShook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

My biggest complaint with that style of fry is it's just inherently impossible to keep them warm. If you want to eat them after the burger they're probably going to be cold, even if they came to you straight and didn't get cold sitting in the window.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You want the potatoes to cook the fry chefs?

DreamShook and DonnyMost like this.
  13. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I went to In-N-Out for the first time like 9 months ago. It was so disappointing I went back a month later to see if maybe I just got bad food the first time and after all this hype it can't be that bad....

Nope, sucked the 2nd time as well and I ordered all the animal style bs blah blah blah. Slapping some thousand Island like sauce on everything doesn't do it for me. Whataburger isn't the only fastfood burger I would take over that garbage.

jo mama and arkoe like this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

That's my closest current one. I recall us all going there after prom. Problem was we had chartered a bus where we'd all rented places at a condo in Galveston, and we had to keep the keg underneath. We were there waiting easily 2+ hours. Didn't even get to the condos until after 5 am.

Dont go to Whataburger with a bunch of drunks after prom on a bus is what I'm saying.

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that sounds f***ing awesome. couple of their salsas on it.

nice rec brah!

fatty - 1
    jeff balke - 0

the correct answer of course is whataburger...my go-to is the bbq bacon cheese burger.

i had in-n-out on a trip to california over 10 years ago. i had heard for years how amazing it was. it was so hyped up that i was honestly expecting it to be the best burger of my life. it was an event we were looking forward to the whole trip...and we were most disappointed. it wasnt bad, but it wasnt great.

i give in-n-out credit for always having super clean restaurants, great service and pretty reasonable prices. when it comes to fast food all those things go a long way. but their burgers got nothing on whataburger.

#95 jo mama, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just spent the weekend getting my 25 hours of Continuing Ed credits (and they really do take that long.) Anyway, finished an hour or so ago to meet a deadline and saw this post. Enjoy.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Giving a shoutout to Local Foods in Houston. Their Texas Cheeseburger is excellent. Local Foods was also started by a guy a grew up.
    https://www.localfoodstexas.com/

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Their fries are fresh but sadly they don't double-fry them. If they did that, they'd be great. As is they a are often under-cooked and never live up to their potential.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nuh-uh!