1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#BeWell movement grows - White to run against Ilhan Omar

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When the best spinsters in the game can only come up with "unproven", you know it's exceptionally true. If they could have found ANYTHING to help them spin it for her, they'd have gone with "partially false"....but literally all of the evidence available suggests that she did in fact briefly marry her brother on paper for fraud purposes. She then re-married her previous husband afterwards and they lived together the entire time.

It's really not even much of a scandal.

2. dmoneybangbang

GOP really trying to corner the market on those with mental health issues.

glimmertwins likes this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This isn't the place to debate the supposed evidence you are referring to. Though saying it "suggests" she married her brother is a much weaker stance than what you said earlier.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, honestly there's no need for the debate at all, the initial reference was just a joke to begin with and I literally could not care any less about random ass Minnesota politicians.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

It's crazy that anyone can post incorrect information without being fact-checked. Then you post Snopes, which is one of the most reliable fact-checking sites on the internet, and people question even that.

It's obvious you wrote this post without even reading the link.

6. Doctor Robert

Also, why would I spend my valuable time refuting BS when there is a reliable fact-checking source on the internet? Would you prefer we all waste 10X the amount of time fact-checking dubious information than it took the people to write originally? That is the definition of insanity. Also, why would I give a flying F about Ilhan Omar herself? She's is 1 representative among 435 representatives in the House, and she does not represent me (and likely no one else on this website). Also, there are far more serious issues with the House than Ilhan Omar's ex-husband, despite what right-wing propaganda would have you believe.

7. Doctor Robert

Despite the original post irritating me, this is not a personal attack. The fallback to all of these types of lies, false information, rumors, gossip, etc is "I was just joking." In the grand scheme of things, that's not a valid response.

"Everyone could tell I was just joking! Who would believe something like that!?" Well... people believe in Q-Anon.

Easy, palmsnbananas and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, this is the kind of unhinged overly emotional irrational nonsense I avoid by staying out of the D&D.

By all means, if it helps you cope with a simple joke, cry it out.

A simple joke, based on something that is OBVIOUSLY TRUE.....so true in fact that the best spinsters in the world couldn't even say it was in any way actually false....the best spin they could come up with is to say that the OBVIOUSLY TRUE allegations are "unproven" because it literally cannot be 100% proven unless it is either admitted to or the people involved submit to a DNA test.....which they OBVIOUSLY would NEVER do....ya know, because they are actually siblings, should not cause this level of ridiculousness. Either appreciate the joke or don't and let that be the end of it. Whining about it for pages and pages simping for politicians from another state is absolutely absurd. Would you be doing the same if I made a similar random joke about someone you perceived as being on "the other team"? Of course not....meaning your whining is based in mindless partisanship and thus should be completely ignored.

As such, this will be my last comment on the matter. I've learned my lesson when it comes to engaging with certain types on certain subjects. It's simply not worth it. You got irritated by a joke at the expense of someone you view as on "your team" and simply want to screech about it, so knock yourself out.

10. Doctor Robert

I don’t like Omar… I’m simply calling out misinformation.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Doctor Robert

It doesn’t really fit the definition of a joke since it wasn’t funny.

Also, irrational nonsense? My original response was 3 words. I was clearly on an emotional rampage.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Is this the #BonziWells movement. I want in.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Dude, just stop. You're on a basketball forum, posting some random-ass conspiracy theory based on some ridiculous “evidence” and rejecting all reason because it’s OBVIOUSLY TRUE IN ALL CAPS CAUSE THEN WE KNOW YOU’RE RIGHT.

Just stop. This is a basketball forum. Save that other crap for TinFoilHatFans or whatever.

daywalker02 and palmsnbananas like this.
  14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I felt like the bigger Omar scandal was her campaign buying votes and vote harvesting. Incredibly corrupt stuff. The campaigns initial defense was harvesting and paying cash for the voters "expenses" is legal - but it clearly isn't.

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

IIhan is one fine sista.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol. Royce buddy, the GOP wants to be coy about all those traits.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol, Snopes is not even close to the most reliable fact checking site, it's the most well advertised one.

There's a reason you've never seen, even once, a Snopes reference in anything published by the fortune 500. It's because they can get sued for it being unreliable and biased.

And lol, automatically assuming I read right-wing propaganda because I think Snopes isn't the holy grail of fact checking is extremely telling about your ability to analyze anything on a critical level.

If you're actually a doctor, I hope you do plastic surgery.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think he mentioned anything about "best" or "holy grail".

Knowing the right wing, if there was something that was legally actionable with Omar with credible allegations they would have pushed it until something tangible (actual federal investigation) occured. I haven't seen this thread of allegations about Omar for months now from the right. Now it's just a meme which makes me believe it was a fake story.

19. Doctor Robert

This is stupid on so many levels, I'll just say one thing. If you're a zippo lighter, I hope you're owned by a plastic surgeon.

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

"This is stupid" is about the level of depth I was expecting from your response. Nice work.