1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Sengun/Tate/2023 1st unprotected for Zion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Feb 22, 2022.

?

Trade Sengun+ for Zion?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

The intelligence on this board (or lack there of) never ceases to amaze me

2. MettaWorldPete

These are fair points but the Lebron comparison is instructive because he's the polar opposite of Zion in terms of taking care of his body. Not who I want around our younger players as a role model.

aaquaa and Corrosion like this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I’d only want him if we were buying extremely low ... as in almost no cost to us (outside of salary matching or a pick way in the future )

no way I’d give up sengun or Tate .

#1 ) Zion is hurt
    #2 ) he needs a big extension soon
    #3) he might not be the same player after

if we can get him for wood , I’d be down .

but it would be hard for me to give up one of those other guys for him .

dude hasn’t even tried , is hurt , looks likely to get hurt more .

I really don’t want to touch him with a 10 foot pole . I’d be interested in helping facilitate (as always ) and maybe getting him if it was along the lines of getting kpj .

can we get a movement for Zion to Houston where Lucas can help him ? Vet Min ? Waived and comes here ?

yeah I’d trade wood . But I’ve been wanting to trade wood forever .

trade wood for him . Take a big with our hopeful top 3 pick to push Zion and sengun .

booyah

aaquaa and D-rock like this.
  4. cardpire

cardpire Member

This guy gets it. If your goal is to overcome the other 29 teams and win a ring, it's a no-brainer. Of course it's a gamble. It's a pipe dream that the assets in question to trade will get you a championship. People get too attached to "their guys" and lose site of the real picture.

hakeem94, Aware and El_Conquistador like this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm with you on that - I'm not investing long term pieces on Zion in my scenario either. Wood is as good as gone for his next contract and after drafting 4 picks in last year's draft, at some point we have to start divesting on some of these lower value guaranteed 1st round picks we have because we still need to provide playing time to develop these young players and adding 2 more rooks on guaranteed deals every year will look foolish by year 3 when we have 8 players on rookie deals and have to pay massive amounts of money to make league minimum payroll for the next 7 guys on the roster(who probably will also want some playing time).

....which is another way of saying - if someone else wants to outbid us on that - so be it. Zion has enough red flags that he isn't worth losing meaningful pieces as we both agree.

dmoneybangbang and steddinotayto like this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I know Lebron takes care of himself, but he is also probably one of the the most brand conscious players of all time - his ultra fit persona is part of his brand. That's why it was a shock that Tristan Thompson came out publicly and said something that has also been whispered by other ex-teammates - that Lebron actually eats a fair amount of junk food despite the image he paints for himself - but it doesn't matter because he has a winning lotto ticket in the gene department.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like this should be a trap poll.

If you click "yes" it should result in an automatic IP ban.

Rokman and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Did someone say Garuba for Zion? I'm in!

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

LMAO!

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Zion on a good day.

:D

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is he still 19?

Asking for a friend.

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Lmao this board wouldn’t have traded Sengun for broken foot Embiid either. This kid was the best prospect since LeBron. I’m taking that deal and running

can you blame Mini LeBron for not wanting to be in New Orleans? Please. The homerism is intense here. I’d trade Sengun AND Green for him and top 10 protect the pick if you’re gonna do that

#172 BigggReddd, Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  13. arjun

arjun Member

unprotected 1st? no way.
    sengun + tate...absolutely.

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

aaquaa, cmoak1982 and steddinotayto like this.
  15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

foot problems that rival Yao lmao tell that to Embiid

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I heard you the first time. Embid didn’t eat himself out of the league. What about the other superstars that injuries cut their careers short? Bowie, Walton, Hill, Oden, Manning, Roy, Sampson, Daughtery, Penny and many more. I would give their pick of Wood, Gordan, Tate and the 2023 pick top 3 protected and maybe another middlin pick to take a long shot on him. Let the Kings or another desperate org take a flier on him, otherwise. Maybe the Lakers should trade Lebron for him before he bolts or retires.

aaquaa likes this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

you’re pretty arrogant for someone that doesn’t know how to operate a 1990s era forum

18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Wood and KPJ for Zion straight up and you’ve got a deal.

19. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

The extension is what scares me. Not only are you giving up something real for a risky bet you also may have to spend a ton as well. If he was locked in at like 4/50 or something I’d give up a pretty decent package to roll the dice.

glimmertwins likes this.
  20. hakeemthagreat

The Pelicans would be getting ROBBED, but in a fantasy world HELL YEAH!!