1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - when is the last time the Rockets had a player they drafted lead the team in anything???? Maybe Yao Ming, right?....Everyone else....trade.

DD

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol "self-entitled"....

Was Jalen Green born into wealth? Are you saying he didn't work his ass off to get where he is now?

People are completely within their right....

No ****. Who's saying otherwise? Saying you are stupid for a comment doesn't mean you are saying you don't have a right to express said stupid opinion.

4. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

treyk3, D-rock and DatRocketFan like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mamba Mentality is more than relentless effort, vocal passion and unshakable faith in one's self.

A very important element is fearlessness.

A fearlessness that is legendary, especially with smaller players like guards/wings.

MJ, Kobe, Iverson and even Westbrook personify this ferocity of spirit, game in and game out, on and off the court.

If there was one rookie who shows signs of the Mamba Mentality, it is Josh Christopher.

So Saith Red and NewAge like this.
  6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Rockets have been trying to compete since the Harden trade and traded picks for a lot of his supporting cast like CP3, which made it very hard to develop rookies. You don't see the Bulls or the Lakers developing any of their draft picks into leading roles, for instance, because they traded for their stars to compete now and aren't interested in developing projects. In any case, Capela led the Rockets in several categories until he was traded away in 2020.

D-rock, Roomba, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fun part about being right will be that I won't have to say it, everyone will just realize it at some point.

The fun part if I'm wrong will be that the Rockets didn't waste a #2 pick on flash and hype.

I gotta admit though, Mr "legendary work ethic" sure is making a habit of running his mouth only to not put in the work and get embarrassed.

He talked about winning ROY only to look like the worst rookie because he wasn't ready for the NBA

He talked about winning the dunk contest only to not put forth any real effort leading up to it thinking he'd get by on raw athleticism alone only to be embarrassed....

I hope he learns his lesson.

GotGame15 likes this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

that’s not the point at all.
    disapproval of the behavior is as trite as the disapproval of the disapproval

9. DaDakota

Point still stands, go back before Harden.....when was the last time we had a DRAFT pick stick around long enough to be the team leader? Yao? Then whom? Hakeem?

They don't wait.......or didn't .....I suspect Tillman is not that patient either.

DD

10. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Let’s sticky this until he develops into a serviceable player

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I figure we are literally gonna fall to king tier if owner does another rash impulsive decision instead of trusting the tank process.

And people wonder y tanking never works.

12. MrButtocks

The gap between the Yao and Harden eras was only three years and we didn't have a losing season during that time. Which draft pick were we supposed to build around between Marcus Morris, Patrick Patterson, and DMo? The argument should be that Morey should have drafted better, rather than the Rockets being impatient. Those guys haven't had any careers of note.

D-rock and xaos like this.
  13. DaDakota

Dude, go back further, I am saying TANKING DOESN'T WORK!!!!

DD

14. MrButtocks

It doesn't always work, sometimes it does. Just like every other strategy. We didn't tank for 20 years and look how that worked out for us. Phoenix tanked for like 5-6 years. They just made the finals and are the top team in the West. A lot of the top teams sucked for a few years to draft their core or get assets to trade for their core. Maybe you think there's a distinction between sucking organically and blatantly tanking, but I don't.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a rhetorical question but you replied it correctly.

Dark times.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Agreed
    A simple concept that all these basketball folks don't seem to understand. There's more than one way to build a team, tanking to draft a franchise player is one way. Poaching a superstar talent via free agency is another. Trading for ideal players is another.

Not that hard of a concept.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you observe closely there are no clear dynasties rn.

The Bucks are good but not 100% clear faves.

This is the best time for upcoming teams to make a run for it.

MrButtocks likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Last 10 games

16ppg, 3 apg and rpg, 1 spg, 2 topg, 38% three point shooting, and not in the stats but the defensive effort has been so much better than it was the first month or so of the season.

There is hope! lol

#4278 JayZ750, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

Bust!

daywalker02 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks acting like there has been no improvement whatsoever. Also doesn't factor in Green's selfish teammates and Silas incompetence. U point those out folks calls it "excuses".

Green honestly looks more comfortable playing with Schroder and sengun. Folks want him to shine? avoid playing him with wood.

TheRealist137 likes this.