1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Lol he does well in the rising stars game and haters are like, it's just a exhibition. He stinks it up at the slam.dunk comp and haters are like he needs to put up or shut up this is real. He is a 20 year old enjoying his money, what's the big deal. Wake me up when he does something illegal or starts missing practices.

Mathloom, BigMaloe, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  2. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Please just make it stop.

3. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

The irony is the muse for your screen name himself dropped a “Come on young fella” in the comments.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It’s life or death around here.

:rolleyes:

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

He was seen in the vehicle w/ his longtime childhood friend, Justin. They're probably on a mini vacation and about to go do some shopping. Gup was also in the chat guessing they were in Miani. This really is silly though. He's allowed to have some fun. Al-P has been posting stories nonstop from his own mini vaca yet no one seems to care lol. Everyone loved it when it was Ja posting something similar, but how dare Jalen do anything of the sort.

It's funny, Green flubs one tricky dunk and all hell breaks loose lol. Jalen is truly being held under a microscope at the moment. Some people simply don't like the optics of Green having fun after that dunk contest mishap. They'd prefer he hang his head in shame or go see a sports psychologist. Ya'll just mad. FWIW Green's been among the least active rockets on Social Media this year prior to this weekend. Ya'll gassing this up to be more than it is.

NBA players are rich and flaunt their money. This isn't anything new.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mathloom, Fulgore, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I once took a picture of about $140 in 20's when I was 18 and posted it to Facebook thinking I was cool.

I wasn't, and it was stupid and cringe, but I can understand youth.

I have nephews around the same age right now and they still post and flaunt money all the time. It's kind of part of the young culture.

He worked hard to get where he is and he is on vacation. I don't expect him to be some wise mature adult already.

I hope he gets better but jeez yall are trippin...

Amel, daywalker02, Fulgore and 4 others like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

Clutch buried the lead. Bronny and his pops H-Town bound in 24 confirmed.
    [​IMG]

Amel, eliefor3, ChillyPete32 and 2 others like this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

Well yeah if you ain’t got nothing else to show, clearly his game doesn’t.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Really, you didn’t do it as a joke or anything? You was serious? Lmao

10. VanityHalfBlack

cause he’s James harden, he can do that. This kid should be playing in the CBA by now.

11. a time to chill

Agreed. But if we see him partying with Lil' Baby that's a huge red flag.

daywalker02 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

Lol, Green's circle is small. Justin aka Juice is his main damie and basically a brother to him. Green mostly rolls w/ his family, Juice, Gup and his girlfriend Breah. He's not out running amok with some entourage blowing away money.

D-rock, xaos and a time to chill like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At some point he is going off rails and there are still people apologizing for him.

Is there any difference.....I am gonna go indifferent.

You will see lots of immaturity, guess what.....the Rockets will draft a lot of kids in the future.

14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

How do you know with certainty that he is going to go off rails? I might have missed it but other than waiving some money in a car while being live for everyone to see, has he showed signs of character issues?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is just a figure of speech, an assumption that his fans will fight with him till death or some sorts.

It is the NBA, we all know that most NBA players are no saints.

I do not have to lay it out there to you.

However, I do think that has to do because they have so much money to flaunt.

it is a warped reality while we normal workers are less wasteful.

Especially when earth's resources are becoming less and less.

#4235 daywalker02, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    eliefor3 likes this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I hope he partied hard and made it rain on everyone. Enjoy your celebration Jalen, you are in the 0.01% of elite professionals your age and you showed out at your first ever NBA ALL STAR WEEKEND, a dream that 99.9% of people will never realize.

Gotta celebrate your hard work periodically. I know he'll be back in the gym before everyone else.

Here's some very interesting Michael Jordan related quotes for fun:

#4236 Mathloom, Feb 22, 2022
    xaos and Verbal Christ like this.
  17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

They say: Green can never be great because he has character issues.

Meanwhile, Kobe raped a teenage girl, made it rain on her to shut up, then made it rain on his wife with a ring worth Jalen's entire salary.

Clueless people, don't worry about them. If they opened Tiktok they could not pick out a winner from a loser, they're lost in the world in 2022.

D-rock, eliefor3 and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. Rokman

Rokman Member

The bottom line of all of this is most Rockets fans are very disappointed with Jalen Greens performance this year. The dunk contest made it worse. When a player has already gotten under your skin as much as he has there is very little forgiveness for childishness even if it's age appropriate.

I frankly feel the same way. Rockets got a rare 2nd pick in the draft, passed on Mobley who is likely to get the ROY award and instead chose a guy that from day 1 said he was going to go out there and win it and is not even in the discussion anymore for Top 10 in his class. Not to mention, he has looked lost, weak, been a poor 3P shooter and has been repeatedly crushed at the rim by defenders.

Yeah, I get the hate. Not saying it's right but I get it.

#4238 Rokman, Feb 22, 2022
  19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

This is not true of course. The criticism is mostly from a fringe group of old rocket fans, it's non-representative.

Most analysts, fans, former NBA players, coaches, etc believe he needs to develop skills quickly and that will give him enough to be a star. That's the majority opinion. He is already developing his skills fast, so all is going well.

Verbal Christ and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  20. NewAge

NewAge Member

this Insta post doesn’t bring-up any new significant insight into what kind of basketball player Green will be. It’s a nothing-burger in that regard.

By the same token the disapproval by some posters is also completely within norm. These athletes are public figures, they know it, they embrace it, flaunt it, and they make money off this. People are completely within their right to comment on what they consider tacky, tone-deaf, self-entitled and bad taste antics.