1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Frittata approval rating (poll)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Feb 17, 2022.

?

What is your opinion of Tillman Frittata?

1. He's a joke... to the extent that I'm sorry for ever complaining about Les...

115 vote(s)
    75.2%
  2. He's made some missteps... but he's not horrible...

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. He's doing a decent job... difficult situations but he has us going in the right direction

9 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. He's an above average owner!

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. I thank my lucky stars that our team finally has great ownership like Tillman!

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's been silent (not obnoxious) this year but the team sucks ass to the point where he can't steal credit from FO.

Maybe he will mature as an owner and let the people he hires do their own thing and grow but it'll take 5-10 years before he's getting any media attention from the rockets winning.

Maybe Patty will decide to renounce everything and become a priest or something

2. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

And Sarver has been a terrible owner a lot longer than Fertitta has owned the team. That's not a defense of either. The reality is Sarver still sucks, but people don't b**** about him because he finally decided to stop being cheap and lucked out with good hires.

Are Rockets fans such impatient divas that they can't stomach a couple of years of a rebuild?

As @Rockets4Life13 mentioned, thankfully they're not trying to compete as mediocrity like the Kings or Wizards.

Will Fertitta pay up when it comes to a max player? Will they stubbornly change course in a year overpaying for the wrong guy? Will they try to "compete" with a underwhelming roster?

Well we will see in a couple of years. Any other guesses or speciation at this point are simply premature. I don't see how it's productive to live in the past and project past frustrations onto the future when there team is very clearly in a transition period.

My hope is to see organic growth and development along with accumulation of as many young assets as possible that have the potential to be stars. So far that's been happening.

Silas is pretty disappointing, but ultimately his tenure is irrelevant until there's legitimate consistent, dominant talent. I am willing to wait and see.

God forbid we have patience.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Spill it. Some general impressions would be the thing to do since you brought it up.

4. Pringles

Pringles Member

His saving grace is that Cal McNair is the owner of the sports team off of Kirby.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Poll shouldve been public. There are 7 people in this world, I must know of now.

How many kids does he have again....?

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Cal is Kirby.

[​IMG]

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

He never shuts up and listens.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Idk, I'm not big on like gossipping random stories idk even know are true or not but according to my sauce his wife is basically that in name only. That he keeps the bills paid to keep half his **** from disappearing.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

Come back Les all is forgiven :(:(:(:(:(

kjayp likes this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This will be tough. Tilman is not young, and he made his money in an industry that does not really take a ton of smarts, it takes guts and a lot of leverage. I don't think he is extremely bright, and i do not see him ever being humbled for that reason. Pat will take over, and he is is even less qualified as a leader. I really like what I saw with Mark Cuban in his transformation as an owner. He was unbearable and a definite rival to the franchise for about 7 years. He matured after that, and became likeable. I do not see Tilman headed that way as he is just too old and stuck in his ways to really change at this point.

clos4life and Invisible Fan like this.
  12. MystikArkitect

If someone asked me that I could jettison one of Christian Wood or Tilman Fertitta from this franchise, I guess I'd be wondering how Christian would fit in with the new regime.

kjayp, clos4life and D-rock like this.
  13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I came in here for defcon 1 FLAME levels…

I am disappoint

clos4life likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, who's to say that relationship actually improves either amirite?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Those two examples yoy cited by themselves are enough to hate the guy for eternity.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!