1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sabonis to Sac for Haliburton

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yes. Very persuasive. Don’t add any stats at all (because none support your position).

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Haliburton has better value because of the age and upside. Sabonis could be said as someone in his peak... He's still just 25. Tate/Wood are 26. If Sabonis stay with his current production but don't go up, that's still fair market value. Sabonis makes the same money as Eric Gordon under 20 mil per.

It should always be about upgrading. Say Stone landed Sabonis, he's a bigger name than Wood. It's possible next year or two, Stone flipped Sabonis to get a Haliburton like player of future years.

The what-ifs.

roslolian and Easy like this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Haliburton snapped today. 22 and 16 assists

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Detroit Pistons have the worst record in the league what's your point? So you're saying Cade Cunningham isn't a franchise player?

Tyrese Haliburton as a Pacer: 22 pts 11 ast 4 rebs 55% FG 55% 3 pter on 5 attempts a game.

He's only 21 and only a 2nd year player, in his 2nd game on a new team with new plays and new teammates. I dunno man what do you think a franchise player should be?

The poster who made the James Harden comparison is correct, you're gonna see what he can do full time and it sucks to me that the Rox didnt make a strong play to get him. Like I said I'd totally give up both Green and Sengun to get him and get our pg set for the next 2 decades.

#164 roslolian, Feb 13, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Statwise Hali is already better than Sabonis:

Hali - 22 pts 11 ast 4 rebs on 55% FG 55% 3 pt
    Sabonis - 18 pts 12 rebs 5 ast on 50% FG 32% 3 pt

Haliburton is 5 yrs younger, on a new team with new coaches and new players. As he gets accustomed to his new environment you can only expect those numbers to get better. With Carlisle as his mentor I can totally see him blow up and become Luka of the East.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Where are you even getting these stats? Did you get confused and quote the stats from Halliburton’s two games with the Pacers? Haha

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not confused he only has 2 games worth of stats with Pacers so that what he has right now. In Sac he wasn't the focal point of the offense so no point looking at those since he needed to defer to Fox. Now its his team obv you should be looking at the present situation and not when he had to be a sidekick in the offense.

You can argue those stats are outliers and will come down but remember he jumped to a new team with a new coach and new players. As he gets used to the offense and his new teammates those nos could actually go up not down. Also given his age of only 21 yrs old these nos are only scratching the surface of what he can do, just look at Sobonis' stats as a 21 yr old vs now.

#167 roslolian, Feb 13, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    hakeem94 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

You can't be serious, how is he at Sabonis level now? You seem to be undervaluing what Sabonis is and how good he has been over a period of time.

I am not saying Haliburton can't eventually even surpass him, but he is not on that level yet Sabonis has been the hub of an offense for several years and has been productive.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Halliburton has not even played a handful of games yet for some reason you think these 2 to 3 games means that's who he is.

Now he is James Harden?

I'm out, I given up trying to talk to delusional people?

raining threes likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Don't worry man. I'll keep you updated every game Hali plays so you'll know. We'll see who is delusional here me or you.

You haven't really said anything of substance before you went "I'm out" just a handful of nonsensical denials. For the record Hali putting up double double in pts and assists aren't anything new. He put up the same nos in Sac whenever Fox was out so it's not like this performance came out of nowhere.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/12...-without-deaaron-fox-sacramento-kings-lineup/

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When you are claiming 2 games means Halliburton is now a franchise player there is not much that needs to be said.

And you have the nerve to claim I have not said anything of substance.

I have no idea what you think the link is supposed to prove.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

The link shows Hali's 2 games arent an outlier, its showing he is another James Harden who was just deferring to other players and when given opportunities to run the show, he has produced similar nos.

3rd game now. No double double this time but 17 pts 8 assists 4 rebs 4 steals on 42% 3 pt shooting qgainst a top ranked defensive team. Dont worry man I'll keep you updated as we build on Hali's sample size.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

4th game now, Haliburton had 21 pts 14 ast 5 rebs

I'd say there's much more that needs to be said but like you said we need more games. That's 4 straight good games now let's wait for more.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Tyrese “55 pct 3 pt shooter” Halliburton

think the move was bad for the kings . But not too too bad . Sabonis is at least OK .

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

They have lost all 4 by almost double digits.

Does not matter if those points are producing wins and oh yeah the Kings have been 2-2 since the trade.

17. solodolo

solodolo Member

Imaging thinking this was a good trade for kings
    When everybody on the earth expect the few delusional people who don’t know **** about sports saying otherwise.
    Fin .

roslolian likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

They want to lose and tank why do you think they traded Sabonis and Levert in the first place? Hally is only 21 and on a rookie deal no one is expecting him to lead the Pacers anywhere. So you think Pistons should dump Cade? They have the worst record in the league with him is that what you're saying?

Kings being 2-2 is a slap in their face considering they are paying Fox all that money and they traded for Sabonis. Imagine trading your best player for a win now player and end up with the same bad record prior to the trade SMH!

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. Nook

Nook Member

You want him that bad, you draft him. He wasn't a top lottery pick.