1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't care. He's vital at developing our young players with his fast passing, real playmaking, and calm demeanor. Kpj is playing more of pat Beverly role, solid D and okay 3 point shots with no playmaking besides the stepback pump fakes trapping himself

#3901 cheke64, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    TimDuncanDonaut and DeBeards like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

nah bro, last 6 games shooting 31% FG :confused:

3-17
    6-21
    3-8
    5-13
    5-16
    8-22

3. conquistador#11

Cade has been shooting like 8/22. averaging as many fgs as pts, which is horrific even for a rook. Especially when he has the ball the majority of the time. Mobley is in such a great sotuation with their center doing all the work that you could put Mobleys brother an not skip a beat and his brother would also post a career high on one Christian Wood. All of these rookies have had their moments but none of them have been tearing it up like the gold fish would like you to believe.

csc177 and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Green was praised last night for his decidedly mediocre outing by everyone except one person, even Bobby said he had a very good game (I disagree). Who exactly are the “these guys” you are directing this fake outrage at?

On a night where the 19 year old on the other team is making history with 3 triple doubles in a row and the 19 year old on our own team proving he is the best player on the team, the not-19 year old’s flaccid performance really does not warrant this kind of over the top white knighting from nonexistent blasphemers.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Cade runs the entire offense for the pistons. Give that kind of responsibility to Green and he would be shooting under 30% for the season and averaging the most turnovers in the nba. Dude can’t even get above 40% when all he’s asked to do is stand in the corner and take open shots.

Also, scoring efficiency is the least of your worries for rookies, that always goes up. Even Green’s will go up. You should be looking at everything else they do on the court. Cade is a heliocentric ballhandler as they say, capable of directing every part of an offense, and has displayed good defense. Mobley is a defensive savant with high iq and passing ability on offense. Barnes is a 2-way monster with plus passing. Giddey is a wizard with the ball, generational passing ability and will average a triple double in his prime. Herb is a defensive ace on the wing. Franz can do everything, pass, score, defend.

I can go down the line. All the best rookies in this draft class have multiple facets to their games, and ALL of their scoring efficiencies will go up. Green? What exactly does he do besides score inefficiently? That’s why he is the worst player of the bunch now and actually has the LOWEST upside going forward. Foolish front office drafting on athleticism and potential instead of skill and production, tale as old as time, Stromile Swift syndrome.

#3905 CXbby, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I haven't really followed rookies in a while - since the rockets didn't really have rookies for a while... but this year is fascinating. With Mobley, Cade, Barnes, Wagner and Giddey you have 5 guys that were probably atop the rookie ladder in one week or another - and each of them also had pretty bad stretches in some weeks (which are probably expected for rookies). But at least in my mind, none of them has really risen above the rest. If you'd ask me, I would probably even go with Giddey as the best right now.

And Green? So far he is clearly below those guys. But I dont know about him having the lowest upside. It is true, all he does is score right now - and if he can't do that, he is bad. But if he can be the go to player and score 25 ppg with efficient shooting, that is a real valuable player. And he is improving on his defense as well as passing (and sometimes rebounding). So if he can develope into a 25-5-5 guy with good defense, efficient shooting and him being the guy, that takes and makes the shots in crunch time, that could be better (or as good) as the other guys listed here.

Mathloom and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The thing is we don't have anything to infer from your posts because they are in total disconnect with the nuances and ups/downs of the season. You have the worst possible opinion of anyone at all times and it's a constant signal. That's not information, it's noise, so that's why you feel like you're saying something that's not being digested by fans or media alike. Your opinion is a fringe opinion.

We can clearly see that the general NBA opinion - more diverse than your opinion - is that he will be a star. Yes the people on TV are commonly idiots, but the combination of all of them is obviously more informative than a constant signal. We are all capable of compiling a list of things that Green doesn't do well yet. For some reason you think that's going to be treated as new information, but it's not a convincing list to most.

Maybe take note that you predicted he would suck, put it on a post it and advance to another idea. There's nothing you've said different since game 4-5 of the season. All noted, we get what you believe already.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Silas is coaching for his career. Wanted the best chance of winning. Can’t blame him for that.

9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Oh definitely yeah and I don't think any of us are ever fully immune from it. Just shows up in different areas for people and it gets inflamed when we have more inner conflict in phases.

For example, some people will get extreme temporary OCD and feel like they have to force things into an order that keeps undoing itself. This is them putting themselves in conflict. Don't want to get too deep on GARM, but I believe this is how a mass can be convinced into a war, and that's an endless loop. They tale an axe to your hiararchy of needs - namely shelter and security by saying enemy is in your home - and that triggers us to be much more aggressive at the office or in a battlefield or in a vote on a war for example. There you will develop endless internal conflict in the form of PTSD and TBI.

I don't think that mass stuff is done as a conspiracy, I think it just happens like a leak happens in a house. It's a byproduct of shitty design or wear and tear.

CVcrew likes this.
  10. CXbby

CXbby Member

I think Green has higher scoring upside than some of those guys, Giddey, Barnes for sure. But his upside as an overall player is lower. Andrew Wiggins scored 23 ppg in his third year, and was later dumped along with a high first round pick because of his empty numbers. I’m projecting now, but I THINK Green can score efficiently and in high volume eventually, at least that’s my hope. But his impact on offense as a whole will always be lower because he can’t run the offense, he can’t make his teammates better, he can improve on this from his current putrid level, but you can’t go from clueless headless chicken to passing maestro at this age. Paired with horrible defense that can improve to below average, MAYBE neutral if we are being uber optimistic, and that’s why his overall upside is lower imo.

CVcrew likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

a lot of people ignoring that he's played actual GOOD defense for about a month straight now..

if you squint you can see some slight muscle tone.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's not vague, you're just not ready to hear it.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-rookie-ladder-feb-16-2022-edition

Is this “fringe opinion”? Asking for a friend. Do you see Green in the top 10? Do you see him anywhere?

14. verse

verse Contributing Member

No, Dennis is not that PG.

Plowman likes this.
  15. BonziWellsGOAT

Nobody is saying he is a maestro but his passing and pnr decision making has been better than advertised. Also he wasn't drafted to be a point t guard so I have no clue why he is being held to that standard. If you're just upset we didn't draft a point guard just say that. Don't start btching about things that we all knew he wasn't drafted to do right away. He was drafted for scoring potential and everyone and their mom knew it. Also as another poster mentioned he has improved dramatically defensively and has been playing solid defense for like a month. Seems like you just want to be a malcontent

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

And yet the Suns in winning time went right at him over and over and over again... with their 4th or 5th option on offense.

17. dmoneybangbang

All I said was “decent” game and look how triggered you get.

He had another “decent” against the Suns….. brace yourself!

Im a rockets fan, why wouldn’t I root for Green? If you can stan for Marcus Morris, I can root for Green.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And?

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

You don’t have to be a point guard to run an offense. Lebron, Luka, Harden, Cade. But you are exactly right, Green was never projected to have the passing ability of any of those guys, which is why he will never have the offensive impact of those guys even if he scores efficiently. Which begs the question, why the hell did we take him then, considering he does nothing else? Also, his defense has been far from solid. Mikal Bridges(3 and d guy usually) scored on him at will to win the game just last night.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

He has lapses sure but you can't tell me that's the same guy from earlier in the year on defense. Bridges had a couple of easy ones but made quite a few tough shots. I see no reason why Green doesn't continue to improve on the defensive end.

Edit: Bridges only scored 4 more than his season average