1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/16/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fun game to watch. Proud of this team.

The officiating was atrocious btw and yet we were right there ready to force OT.

Tate’s t/o late and the home-cooking was too much to overcome.

Richie_Rich, Bo6, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

KPJ doesn't have BBIQ and Quick thinking and Quick Pass reaction like Dennis Schroeder.

Dennis always pushes the ball and throws the ball full court to Jalen Green, looking for open shooters or open man. Jalen needed this type of Point Guard in the beginning. The Rockets maybe are realizing that KPJ and Wood are not the Answer and only care about themselves.

The Rockets need to give minutes and trust to Sengun, Green, JC, Daishen Nix, KJ, Usman
    This Core is the Future.

KPJ has the highest touches on the team which is really bad, Green and Sengun should have the highest touches. Wood should've been traded, Silas is scared of Wood and KPJ and caves in to them.

Eric Gordon is taking too many shots, Jalen should be getting instead.

Jalen Green of the Rookies in the league 4th to last in touches, but Jalen is very efficient with the ball.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i hate this mainly because i hate the worriers and would prefer PHO be the 1st seed over those b****es

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh no.

Brought in Schroeder and he didn't win his bro CP3....

6. i3artow i3aller

Same. Hope he's alright. His hands are known to be jacked up as is.
    [​IMG]

Tfor3, Deckard, pippendagimp and 2 others like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not even mad.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People like you suck the soul out of our home.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i agree, start schroedor. shroedor is the best pure point. he's able to rise up and take that midrange when its given, push the pace, drive and kick, and can hit a deep 3 unlike christopher. at the end of the day this is a business also. we need to figure out also how to sign these young guys to team friendly deals when the time comes. If we keep playing them too many minutes and they put up empty stats they are still going to want to get paid and leave! benching wood and kpj will help with contract negotiations if they are still here by the end of next year. Let them know in advance they aint getting paid big. They need to earn their stripes. Sengun and green are our future so start them. Jaygup needs to bulk up a little bit, so we can keep his minutes down, so by the end of his rookie deal we can keep him. He also needs to work on his pick and roll pg skills and also work on his range on 3s, and keep working on that step back of his.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, yall are getting cat fished by Dennis Schroder.......cmon man.

DaDakota, hakeem94, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree. It’s ok to say this out loud, I’ll say it for you.

KPJ is not a pg and he will never be. See guys like Bobby study analytics and say you’re a goat or trash by reaching certain numbers.

jcmoon, cheke64 and beardsanity713 like this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Leave us alone, we are thirsty :D:oops:

HP3, hakeem94 and juanm34 like this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nice game Rockets. Just saw the highlights. I wanted to watch the game but was tired after work.

We did not need this win. Had me scared up until the last minute.

15. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

How would you feel about having someone who has played PG all their life and moving KPJ to the 3?

16. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. People say KPJ has low BBIQ. I don't think that is it. He may have a low PG IQ because he hasn't played the position. A lot of things become 2nd nature to Schroeder because he has been playing PG all his life. He knows what to do as a PG without overthinking it. KPJ is learning the position so all the little things aren't 2nd nature to him, yet.

conquistador#11 and jcmoon like this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

KPJ has Westbrook/carmelo pg bbiq. Let me get my shots first and then I'll need an outlet pass if it doesn't work.

Please don't say all he needs is time.

rockets1995 and jcmoon like this.
  18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

yup....KPJ is a straight two. The issue is that we are comitted to jalen green. KPJ needs to be a backup 2 6th man in the lou williams mold and he needs to accept that fact. Unless he gains weight in several years and is able to play the 3. I think the writing is on the wall. He needs to get with the program and earn his stripes in the NBA or he'll be shipped out. KPJ and Wood aren't really rockets until they sign their extensions and buy into the team. What's the point of padding their stats and win meaningless games only to have them leave in free agency?

rockets1995 and cheke64 like this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They're padding their stats and feeling like max contracts.

I'll say it again, KPJ is best suited in a CJ McCollum role, when we need a bucket well go to you.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i need the dennis diet tbh. dudes shredded

hakeem94 likes this.