1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest Fear For This Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Believe It!, Feb 15, 2022.

?

What's your BIGGEST fear for this team?

Poll closed May 16, 2022.
  1. Green doesn't meet expectations.

46 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Sengun doesn't meet expectations.

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Keep Silas for the remainder of his contract.

33 vote(s)
    29.5%
  4. Pass on the top bigs in the draft.

21 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Wood extension for the max available.

53 vote(s)
    47.3%
  6. KPJ extension for the max available.

22 vote(s)
    19.6%
  7. Other.

15 vote(s)
    13.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Green has potential but needs to get a LOT stronger to defend and drive the lanes. Right now he gets bounced around like a ping pong ball and hasn't adjusted to the NBA game, meaning there are pretty if tall athletes waiting at the rim to sway his shot.

I'm concerned he won't put the time in the weight room, especially with a coach that looks anerexic. Does anyone think Silas is stressing strength with Green? Seriously. Look at that dude. Green needs to hook up with the strength and conditioning coach that worked with Giannis. I mean, he was skinny than Silas and now he's a beast.

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Please stop im gonna end this disscussion here because i feel like youre not actually reading my responses. I DIDNT SAY THE SPURS WERE LUCKY AS AN ORGANIZATION. They were lucky during the draft. Youre agreeing with me and dont understand you are because youre not reading. Finally "pretty good idea" is not knowing for certain. Its bullshit if thats the case then Morey is an idiot because he has passed up stars in the draft. No Morey is a good GM BUT THE DRAFT IS AN EDUCATED GUESS, NO ****ING BODY KNOWS FOR CERTAIN.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Not sure why you keep saying that the Spurs got lucky they were a top team for 2 decades -- that's more than luck.

BonziWellsGOAT and Nook like this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Holy **** lol I AM TALKING ABOUT THE DRAFT. This is why I hate this forum. lol I have been back 30 minutes time to leave again.

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Educated guess and lucky are usually two different standards. The Spurs were consistently good (comparatively) at making educated guesses for a long period of time. And then they were good at developing those players.

BonziWellsGOAT and Nook like this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

They were great at development. They were lucky in the draft.

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Is that the case for all educated guesses? When you get them right you are lucky?

Nook likes this.
  8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think Green will be a STAR but if we get Chet we will not miss Mobley. Chet is a elite player on defense.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Tilman, patrick and patrick's baby sitter rafael stone. No team will ever win a championship with these 3

11. MystikArkitect

Biggest fear for this team already happened. What's even more alarming is the fact that people who are connected around this league (Chris Paul, James Harden, Daryl Morey, Tad Brown, Mike D'Antoni) will warn anyone worth a damn about coming here. Anyone in this city knows what kind of business Tilman runs. He isn't Jim Crane.

I remember meeting up with a contractor who said they called him to work on one of Landry's projects (a big one that rhymes with The Ghost Bloak) and he hung up the phone. Said he knew he wouldn't get paid. That's the reputation he has in this city. I'm fairly certain that he will have that around the league as well. Cheapskate that makes you report to his crypto-bro son.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

the wood thing is pretty brutal, it's horrible that he and gordon are still here. I'm super super concerned that next season tillman will want to win games, when it's absolutely critical to be as bad as possible next season. We're already too good this season which has been a bummer.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You hate the forum because we don't think the Spurs got lucky for two decades?

14. payaso

payaso Member

Jeez... sounds like you just described a team owned by this guy:
    [​IMG]

Do we get Tilman on tape saying some heinous things about people who don't look like him?

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

There are some many “fears” concerns about the Rocket’s future. Stone, Silas, Porter & Wood on a max. Wood & Porter’s stability vs Stone & Silas’s incompetence. The night both Porter & Wood went off was epic and Silas just loves on them is just asking for more of the same. That moment confirmed everything that is wrong with our team. Then Stone not moving them by the trade deadline was almost criminal because the team lacks any kind of leadership. Gordon still here is more comical than anything because we turned down positive assets to keep him & he takes playing time from the youth moment. We pick up a point guard (in a desperation trade to move the nonfictional center we overpaid on a four year deal in the off season) that also is on an expiring contract but play him instead of developing the youth. (Like we get ANY benefit from these actions). Green is just like an entitled child that can’t help himself to the point I almost fell sorry for him being so bad.

I am entertained. We are so broken but I watch and love my team.

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

slothy420 and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

What happens during the draft is in part a culmination of the hard work put in by the organization by being able to identify the best players.

I don’t know if you are off your meds or just an *******. Either way, if you are ever in Chicago hit me up and I’ll let you try and take that tone in person.

Speaking of reading, next time read my last paragraph you ****.

18. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Think you're right unfortunately. Borderline All star but definitely not the top guy on a championship contending team

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Either way, they have kept that luck tightly sealed in a box for 2 decades then, works for me.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

Yes! Where is this option? We actually lived through my worst fear already. And now…

[​IMG]

kubli9 likes this.