1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget Tmac for now. Get BOB SURA!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Got Em, Jun 21, 2004.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

He played more as SG than PG, and some SF, when he was with the Warriors. I haven't followed his career since he was traded away from GS, but won't want him if he is still the player he was. He is very undisplined on the floor.

2. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

That was Ricky Davis. I think Sura's was where he put up a nasty "shot" and got his own rebound. However, since the intention of the "shot" wasn't to make a basket, the league said it wasn't a rebound.

All that aside, not a bad player to have. Still, after the Pike fiasco, and all the FAs who come here who seem to suck, I'd be wary if the asking price was a little high.

3. sup123

sup123 Member

i think he was going for 3 in a row, and the thrid one was the one cancelled by the nba.

4. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

I live in Oakland, and saw nearly every Warriors game he played.

He's a good third guard, but not a starter on a good team. Yes, he'll put up numbers if you let him dominate the ball, but that's the only way he's effective (which may remind you of certain other players). I'm not surprised if he didn't fit in well with Larry Brown.

5. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Detroit traded Cliff Robinson for him before this last season. They then shipped him off in the Rasheed Wallace trade (they were looking to trade Sura regardless). He didn't fit in and they were very disappointed. They wanted a spark like Jon Barry gave them (more defense, less shooting), but he could only provide that on a sporadic basis. Sura and the team basically came to the agreement early on that he wasn't a fit in Detroit.

He's a tease. If he's cheap then it's fine, but don't invest much in him (in terms of money or role).