1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Doubling Down on Stupid: Prioritizing Veterans Over the Future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Feb 15, 2022.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You sir, are trading in lies. DaDakota assured me than Spanoulis had a better 2P% than Rafer Alston.

2. R94

R94 Member

My confidence in Stone has definitely diminished.

napalm06 and fattz like this.
  3. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I had hoped the Oladipo mess was an exception, but I'm starting to think it may be the rule

BamBam and napalm06 like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's great - too bad literally nobody is arguing, at this point, that KPJ should be benched in favor of Green. Maybe early on when he was hot garbage and looked to have no future as an NBA point guard, this was plausible. But he's basically been a different player ever since he hit that 3 against the Wizards, and that is great.

He's been one of the few bright spots recently.

conquistador#11 and HP3 like this.
  5. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Besides the mind-numbing rotation by Silas and terrible trade moves before the deadline, according to statmuse, more than 93% of the shots are either 3pt attempts or inside the paint (layups/dunks). The midrange game is non-existent. Rockets do not have consistent shooters to be playing so much 3-ball but somehow rank 5th in attempts but 20th in 3pt%. Rockets rank 25th in assist so all those inside the paint attempts are mostly iso plays it seems. I am ok with the losses but it seems Silas has no evolving game plan and hence no discipline whatsoever to be teaching these young players how to improve their game. I hope this is simply a tanking strategy.

aaquaa likes this.
  6. PWR

PWR Member

Stone told y'all last year not to judge anything until 2030...lmao.
    I still haven't forgotten. I was done then.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

At this point, we should start Schroeuoeuder and Gordon, bring up Nix, and let the second unit be Nix, Green, Christopher, Sengun +1. Play them at least the second quarter and 10 minutes of the second half. Let that group develop chemistry.

Rashmon and fattz like this.
  8. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Hard to tell in text form if there was sarcasm involved but I've gotta believe this was sarcastic response since it's a response to someone saying evaluate by 2027. 2027 was likely referenced because Nets pick extend that far and since 2027 is still so far away, Stone must've doubled down and sarcastically said evaluate me in 2030

I hope

9. SamFisher

The Rockets actually shoot an even lower % from midrange than from 3. They are really taking the math to new heights this year.

Rockets and Utah are the two least mid range shooting teams in the league, One leads the league in offense, eFG and TS%, and the other has Dennis Schroder on a rental.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His tear drops actually dropped. :D

11. PhiSlammaJamma

There is the saying that stupid is as stupid does, and then there is the saying that this is a f'ing orgy of stupid. The latter applies.

#71 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    aaquaa and pippendagimp like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

remmeber when cp3 beat lebron in playoffs playing with one hand not even shooting 3 pointers

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

under silas no... because silas lacks the system and the high iq coaching that is required for any system to work

under silas danuel house is assigned playmakers duty when alperen sengun is on the floor...

in silas system only selfish thugs and soup throwing ballhogs can succeed...alpi is to refined for that ish

also rememebr when yanis won nba title and didnt even had a reliable 3 pointer...

btw antony davis is shooting 16% on 3s on the season, 11% in the last 10 games

TAKE THAT FOR DATA

aaquaa likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dear lord... Don't go so hard on him Sam. :eek::D

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This may also be some Tilman interference.

16. fattz

fattz Member

Silas change the offense, defense and rotations. It’s broken and lacks ANY positive effect. Coach stop trying to be everyone’s friend and lead the team. The 5 out offense didn’t work here, stop just stop trying to make it happen. Coach you need to change or be changed.

Stone free Wall if your going to obtain point guards like Schroeder. This way we piss Porter off before we pay him. Anyone can see Porter is going to be dead space just like Wall to the cap. Let Porter loose his emotions before giving him any kind of big contract—> 1.5M vs 20M+ because it’s no if but when it happens. Stone him even being here is on you. Gordon & Wood still here is a huge failure. HOPEFULLY draft day trades are scheduled. PLEASE stop talking about trades before they happen and do your JOB.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are a lot of nonsensical moves happening and other oddities.

Like why play Schroder so much at the expense of JC who is playing well?
    Why is it that we see this team play great defense some games but then at other times look so horrifically awful???
    Why is it that we seem to move away from pairs that work well - such as Alpi and Green?

None of this makes sense, unless you look at it from the perspective the Rockets want a top 5 pick. Then, everything makes a lot more sense. Our defense has to be really bad. We can't let otherselves play too well lest we win too many games. Is it possible that Silas is constructing rotations DESIGNED to lose? Probably not - seems unlikely a coach would be "in" on a tank job, right? Or is Stone dictating to Silas what he wants in the rotations this year? That might make more sense.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Damn it. Let’s not triple down.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

If this all backfires on Rafael, the Acronym D.A.B.O.R. (Dumb As Box Of Rocks) is gonna change to D.A.B.O.S. (Dumb As A Box Of Stones). I hope for his sake he knows what he's doing cause it's gonna get ugly quick next season if there is not a 180 swing the other direction.

vator likes this.
  20. SamFisher

I don't ever wonder this.