1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubling Down on Stupid: Prioritizing Veterans Over the Future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Feb 15, 2022.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

I love how not only did we not trade away any veteran rotation players to clear the way for more minutes and larger roles and opportunities for our young guys to develop, but we somehow decided to double down on stupid by ADDING a guy that Silas seems to think should be a rotational player worthy of 20 minutes per game!

Josh Christopher played 3 minutes in the 1st half tonight. 3! Jalen Green only got 2 shots in the 2nd half. They’ve somehow managed to turn Sengun into a player that I don’t even get excited about when he comes into the game anymore. Instead of a future star, he’s just giving solid role player vibes now. Like Brad Miller or somebody like that. Nix is trapped in the G-League. KPJ looks pissed all the time like he knows this is some bs. I give you my blessing to drive off again Scoot and not comeback until we see some competent coaching and general managing. I can’t wait to watch the next game so I can get my Wood, Gordon, and Schroder fix.

Credit @i3artow i3aller and his gif. IDIOT
    [​IMG]

2. vator

Why are they prioritizing veterans that aren’t even good enough to lead the team to victories over the development of the young players that are the future of the franchise? We’re losing anyways. Speed up the process. Every other player in the top 6 gets the ball significantly more than JG. This is how you develop the 2nd pick in the draft? Surprised Tate isn’t even higher. I swear he thinks he’s the number 1 option out there. Sengun too low and Josh also could stand to touch the ball more.

Credit to @ThatboyPhuong for the find.

#2 vator, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am damn hard to trigger in a tanking season. I admit, this triggers me.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol so true if they continue to develop him like this i already see myself creating i have grown to hate alperen sengun thread soon...

Stephen_A, aaquaa and vator like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think Christopher played 8 minutes tonight.

I think a big problem is that we are trying to develop so many young players at once and there’s not enough minutes. That’s compounded by players like Wood and Gordon, who average the 2nd and 3rd most touches and minutes, but are not part of the future of the team. If guys like Schroeder get into the rotation that’s even less minutes.

There is no rational argument to be made that Josh Christopher, who is clearly the most pro-ready of all our draftees and earned his way into the rotation, should be playing 8 minutes a game over the last third of the season.

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I am with you. The only objective this season should be to improve our young players. Yet It seems like Sengun has gotten worse and Greens self confidence has taken a huge dip and he seems to be thinking a lot on the court - Christopher has earned his minutes just to have them taken away again…

and even our veterans seem to have gotten worse (with exception of Gordon). The only thing we have going for us is losing for that high draft pick. I don’t know why Silas is still the coach…

Dobbizzle, fattz, aaquaa and 8 others like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am sorry but you dont know what s happening at practices and behind the scenes...i trust our coaches more than you...

JCOFs are so annoying... damn!

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This team is building for veterans to get their numbers, not for young talents developing.

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I hate it. I really hate it. Some of us have been complaining the entire year they are not giving Sengun enough minutes, on top of that they often use him as a spot up shooter. It is terrible. Play the young one together with some veterans that show them how to play (And that is not Wood or Schroder). Why trade for Schroder, he is not a vet that shows the young ones how to play the right way, on top of that e takes minutes away from the other rookie that has been impressive lately.

This year they have been making mistake after mistake. I am totally fine with losing, just develop the young players. I am also fine with winning, as long as our young players are doing the lifting.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

WE MAKIN THA PLAYOFFS BA BY! EXTEND SILAS STONE N PAY DAMAN!!!!

COUNTDOWN THREAD IN 5...4...

/PATTY OUT

vator likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

get lost SOF!
    you aint see the bigger picture!

vator likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

aaaaaaagencies....
    @DeBeards

PeterKingX and DeBeards like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Song of the entire season..... serenade.....

vator likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i trust the rock's plan. he will deliver next year

hakeem94 and vator like this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I agree. I tried to rationalize the decision but I can’t.

vator likes this.
  16. PWR

PWR Member

Fam, I lost all faith the moment Stone said that his rebuild shouldn't be judged until 2030 at that press conference last year.

20 f'n 30!!!! And, judging from the incompetence that I've seen so far, it might be 2045.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was getting 23 minutes before the trade deadline, and I thought that was not nearly enough.

PeterKingX and vator like this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The funny thing is that we are getting blown the f out playing vets heavy minutes, so you can even use winning as an excuse

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lost season and Stone is experimenting with.... stupidity.

slothy420 and PeterKingX like this.
  20. vator

Never forget. Less Christopher, Nix, and Sengun. More Wood, Gordon, and Schroder!! He’ll yeah! Sign me up.