1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 17, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol teams like minnesota been rebuilding for decades now

you can rebuild by being a decent team you draft alperen sengun the next great superstar at 16, you hire great shooting coaches and pay them, you hire a personnel great at developing....jimmy butler chriss midleton yanis jokic draymond gobert booker.... its an ocean of examples... none of them are not even close to top picks...you can ABSOLUTELY rebuild drafting tru teen picks

among top 30 or even top 50 guys drafted everybodys as talented as the other guys... its just a matter of the opportunity, environment, work ethic, and MOSTLY LUCK who will end up the best player....nothing to do with who is considered the best at the draft time or even the genes....

the idea that 1 or 2 guys amongst top 100 young bb players in the world are more talented than the others, that their talent is readily apparent and that everybodys growth curve is linear and nothing could be done about it is LITERALLY INSANE and has nothing to do with reality...

snowconeman22 and aaquaa like this.
  2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I have no hope for Silas, our guys arent that bad.

hakeem94, D-rock and dobro1229 like this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

On offense they relegate Sengun as a pick and pop player, forcing him into the worst part of his offensive game. On defense they make him switch onto guards, forcing him into the worst part of his defensive game. Sengun has shown ability on offense to score in the post and facilitate through passing. Sengun has shown surprising ability in defense as a rim protector/shot blocker. Let’s go away from all his strengths, and play to his weaknesses, so that he looks as bad a possible. Is that the coaching philosophy?

aaquaa, vator, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yes exactly

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

If you tell 5 friends not to eat at Landry's they will each tell 5 friends not to eat at Landry's and so forth...

6. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

While I'm happy that OKC won despite our loss, I'm still confused how is our squad playing worse than OKC. It's not only losing, but our playing style offensively and defensively are really worrying that an improved roster wont necessarily result in wins. I really question our coach.. After Silas serve his purpose to make us bottom three this year, Stone needs to show his authority whether to trust or fire him. There wont be a press conference at the end of season where you can laugh about having so many injury excuses (like last year). I really hope to get a better coach to guide all our young players.

We are still playing vets like Wood, EG, Tate, DJ Augustin and now Schroder ffs. Compared to OKC who are playing a lot of young players, especially after they lost Dort and SGA.

aaquaa likes this.
  7. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

I hate to say it, but it’s time for the Rockets to find a real coach.

hakeem94, D-rock and bj3175 like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Between Giddey, sga, dort, Mann and however many picks they have in the future, with a great gm who actually knows how to draft and an up and coming coach that is actually developing their young players, okc fans really have a bright future to look forward to. The Rockets look like the Kings for the next decade.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Its not the losses that bother me its the losing mentality that bothers me. Does Silas look at a loss as a humiliation or a bump on the journey to success.

Amel, hakeem94, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  10. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

rafael deserves a lot of the blame too...dude has mismanaged the "vets" on the roster

aaquaa, D-rock, harold bingo and 2 others like this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Exactly, the losses are fine, but the players are not being used the right way, the team is not playing the right way. If you are losing due to lack of talent then that is all part of tanking. We are losing, due to talent, but also just playing the wrong way that seeps into the culture.

bj3175, aaquaa, Amel and 2 others like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is a Stone/Fertitta problem much more than it is Silas in regards to Schroeder at least. What the hell is Stone thinking trading for a veteran expiring contract and not waiving him? Like I actually think Stone is thinking about resigning him this Summer. Nothing else makes sense.

Not trading EG was the first warning sign. Not doing the Wood/Wall trade is the second. Now Schroeder. Guys… I actually think it’s possible our GM thinks it’s a good idea to keep THIS TEAM in tact and try to win games with Christian Wood and Dennis Schroeder. I mean wow.

It takes ALOT for me to start thinking about skipping Rockets games but I just can’t watch Wood and Schroeder twice a week guys. I just can’t. I mean if that’s the way it’s going to be why aren’t we playing John GDamn Wall who is like 10x better and more entertaining that F-ing Schroeder???

Silas is a garbage coach but the real problem is the hot shot up in the front office. Silas doesn’t play Shroeder and Wood this much and let them take the air out of the ball if he’s not empower to do so. It’s also possible Stone is scared of getting another top 3 pick because if he misses again two years in a row he knows it’ll be on him and he’s scared of the heat.

aaquaa, vator, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

You are giving Stone a lot of credit thinking he has any plan at all. He’s just making it up as he goes man.

aaquaa, daywalker02, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  14. dobro1229

Seriously… I think he just decided like two weeks ago that he wants to scrap the rebuild and instead be a play in team. I think he’s scared of drafting high again because he doesn’t want to miss again. I think he’s chicken sh$t of having the balls to do a proper rebuild like Hinkie did and Presti has done.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Because he knows if he misses with a top 4 pick again his career is finished. The pressure is on for this next draft. Maybe he’s thinking it’s better to screw the organization over to protect his own ass.

hakeem94 and dobro1229 like this.
  16. dobro1229

I think that’s the nail on the head. The decision to keep EG for no reason can only be explained by this rationale. Little do they realize their best chance at being a bottom 3 team is playing Christian Wood though. Or at least playing him and not coaching him to do basic things like play defense or pass the ball once a game.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah give it some time...continuity is underrated...besides who is it that youd hire and hed be clearly better than this one?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not exactly young, I would have gone for a younger GM for the rebuild.
    At least you swing and might miss but like you said Stone is neither really courageous nor creative nor resolute.

19. hakeemthagreat

Sengun isn't that good of a player to be "relegated" lol. He relegates himself because he's turnover prone on offense and slow footed on defense. Yall wanted Silas to play him, now that he's playing (terrible at that), you're blaming coach Silas again. The problem is you Sengun fans are delusional on how good he is. He is at best a poor man's Vlade Divac

Amel likes this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

Wtf are you talking about, he’s still playing less than 20 min a game with zero foul trouble, nothing has changed. Except that they don’t use him in the post when by the numbers he’s one of the best in the post in the league.