1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 2/14/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 12, 2022.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Please help us help you bring back the prominent dark bags under your eyes that show you are accomplishing greatness through your sleepless nights of yore. We yearn for the days opponents routinely scored under 110. We need your evil genius of fanatical defensive ways.

upload_2022-2-14_21-16-16.jpeg

2. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

good job rafael...eric and these vets "want to be here"..COOL well we still stink...so why have the vets take considerable time from the rooks...and silas do u teach defense? Just terrible..

3. DreamR

DreamR Member

They're treating him like he's James Harden.

hakeem94 and WestendMassive like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

MDA would be playing Schroeder, he doesn’t like kids

Shook, stop copping pleas for Stone! Stone is in charge

if Stone wanted to, he could demand that all the vets take a seat on the bench…Or better yet, how about he stop constantly acquiring them?…I mean, is it not in his best interest for the kids to develop? Instead, he’s at V-day dinner chillin

How long is this PR campaign for Stone gonna continue on the GARM?

5. i3artow i3aller

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Oh damn. This is the best one yet! Good stuff

hakeem94 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Pros:
    defensive-oriented
    big name
    Cons:
    too expensive (for ferntits)
    as stubborn as Stephanie
    offensively, old fashioned

sirjesse likes this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I just think the personnel is simply not there. While most teams in the league build their teams with strength and size we are still rooted in the old Morey ball vision of small ball. Our players are shorter, smaller, and can’t shoot on top of that. I mean really. Who do we have? Two erratic guys most teams stayed away from that are supposed to be center pieces. 3 rookies. Great all around rugged player in tate who is under sized playing the 4 and only flaw is can’t shoot. KMJ can’t shoot. Nwaba can’t shoot. Schroeder can’t shoot. Matthews can shoot but poor defender and can’t dribble drive effectively. Who do we have? While I don’t think Silas is a great coach I just think it’s personnel or lack thereof that is responsible for the current state of the team.

9. WestendMassive

I just took a look at all the transactions he's made, he's been ridiculously active shuffling G-League level dudes through the end of the roster but it's hard to find a trade that you would definitely count as an absolute W.

Josh Christopher and Alperen Sengun were solid picks, jury is still out on Green and Garuba can't really be judged.

Was the Wood deal a good trade? I freaking hate Wood so I say no, but on paper it was an OK deal. Everything else he's done has been absolutely mediocre

Reeko likes this.
  10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Giddy had 28/11/12 on 50% shooting 22 shots. Kpj and green combined for 18 shots. Rockets need a direction and need to make a decision who’s development means the most.

Nook, PeterKingX and eliefor3 like this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This has been my biggest gripe as far as the Development of Green as a #2 overall pick.

In the starting 5 he gets the least amount of touches. KPJ has shown improvement as far as his scoring and assist numbers, but he was allowed to hump the basketball for half the season to the detriment of everyone else. Same with Wood.

Tate and ego are even getting more touches.

This season should’ve been all about young player development and letting them have their growing pains.

WestendMassive likes this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

And green shot the ball well!! One of those games where he could have been targeting 30 if he has the attempts

tmoney1101 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

POST OF THE WEEK?

sirjesse likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

CALLED IT!

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL HE LOOKS LIKE HES KEVIN DURANTS FATHER!

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i hear josh christopher stamina is not quite right... he aint used to so much travel and nba intensity...be patient my man...in 10 years he may become a good role player...

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

stamina problems? i saw him he huffed and puffed after just 3 minutes of play....

Roomba likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

actually it makes all sense in the world if you realize that players' agencies own our team....
    @DeBeards