1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl 56

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Roc Paint, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That no-called facemask by Higgins, in live time, looked like Higgins was trying to fight through Ramsey to get back to an underthrown ball. It should've been flagged.

On the other side, I don't like that holding call that gave the Rams more downs. It was close enough to the LOS. They were allowing that prior to this call and it barely affected Kupp. I thought it was a good play by Wilson.

The false start obviously could've been called. But the Bengals also had a potential delay of game earlier that wasn't flagged.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

In real time it looked like they were hand fighting and Higgins quickly pulled out. I really don't believe the facemask is what caused Ramsey to fall down. It still could have been called a flag, and it's fine to argue that it should have, but Ramsey lost his balance and fell.

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Not only was it no look, but there are rumors that Stafford is blind too. amazing.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member

I said the same damn thing.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Ramsey should thank Aaron Donald everyday for the next year... He got lucky.. This would've been bad bad bad

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Ramsey definitely does get away with more illegal holding and pushing than anyone else in the game.

In real time it looked like offensive PI to me, but we know how often that goes uncalled. Then the replays showed the face mask, which has to be flagged every time. Ultimately it was both penalties that should have been called. That it came at Ramsey's expense made it humorous, but it should have been called. Maybe officials were just so busy watching their feet or something like that they couldn't notice what was going on up top.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Dang... So close. Rams enjoy winning Super Bowls with just in time defense. That stop on 3rd in 1 though is one of the greatest defensive plays in NFL history. To pull back on an NFL RB with one arm while he has forward momentum is impossible, but somehow Aaron Donald did it. I was thinking can't believe they called that run without Mixon, then thought they had it, and then Donald reached out and said nope. Just incredible. Why Joe Mixon isn't in the game on 3rd & 1 (they ran at least twice on 3rd & 1 and failed with the 3rd down guy) is something very fair to question Taylor on. Most teams don't take out the star RB in those situations.

I also wonder if Burrow's knee was still bothering him and why he didn't try to take off when he had a brief glimmer of light on that last play.

10. STR8Thugg

Bernard is a solid backup but no idea why anyone thought that was smart to not give it to Mixon on both of those 3rd and 1 plays.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Gio isn't on the team anymore iirc. It was Samaje Perine who's been Mixons backup all season and was in the game at that time...for some reason that Zac needs to explain.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Rams on winning the Super Bowl. Thank you to all 32 teams for another entertaining NFL season. Have a safe, restful off-season.

Roc Paint and B-Bob like this.
  14. STR8Thugg

Yeah I knew it was Perine but the name Bernard slipped out instead lol

ferrari77 likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wow, Aaron Donald singlehandedly won the rams that game. I know Kupp was amazing, but I think Donald deserved the MVP if the voters had seen this.

javal_lon likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

It's easy to forget now, but Stafford had the ball starting drives at the 50 two different times before the final drive and blew both of those opportunities. And he had another 3 and out. So 3 three and outs in the clutch. But it only takes one drive and he did do that.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Of that group tho', the only qb's that really could marginally sling it were Bledsoe, Collins, and Ryan. The rest were basically Turkeys with some dressing. He's better than those guys if you ask me. Burrow came out slinging. But as noted, his challenge will be running the qb gauntlet every year.