1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey and James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 13, 2022.

?

Miss you

1. James

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Morey

27 vote(s)
    84.4%
  1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Well said.
    At the end of the day neither won us a championship but came the closest since Hakeem. It was fun watching the rockets when they were both here. That being said I hope they never win a championship with another team

Roomba and DJ like this.
  2. blackistan

blackistan Member

This was Moreys plan all along, make an excuse of needing family time and dip on the rockets while already having a deal in place to join the Sixers not a long time after. Now he has the coach he wanted to hire along with his boy harden now, forming the duo he had envisioned. It was Morey's fault in the first place allowing Harden too much say in moves especially with the CP3 trade. If he tells Harden we aren't trading CP you're potentially looking at a Suns type team and having that success but he let Harden play GM one too many times so no I can't root for them rather I hope they get ousted in the playoffs.

J.R. and DJ like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

conveniently leaves out that Tilman wanted CP3 out of Houston more than anyone…

lol, the way people just rewrite history is amazing

Harden was trying to add Jimmy Butler and make a Harden, CP3, Butler Big 3 the summer CP3 was traded…he also initially wanted to add Russ while keeping CP3

so this notion that Harden wanted Paul out by any means necessary ain’t adding up

Tilman meanwhile was crying about how CP3 had the worst contract in the league and admitted to pushing the trade through

4. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

You know you're wrong, Sensation hasn't been seen outside of the Harden in Brooklyn/Philly thread in years.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Ride or die bros. Either they succeed and get to the Finals or this well thought out plan ends up in disaster but they still have each other.

6. Asian Sensation

Bunch of bum ass posters talking about me as if it’s my fault Harden sucks. Celebrating Harden for his failures, quitting on us and following him around to every team he goes to. Pathetic!

Ya’ll are like the OKC fans that hang on to Westbrick and think that he’s the greatest. At least Russ never quit on nobody.

tinman and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I don't want to get too deep into it.... I will just say that there was a lot more to both of their exit's than what is commonly know. I don't blame either of them for leaving. The work environment for Morey had gotten extremely bad after ownership change. As for Harden, he was aging and had all the people he had relationships with leaving the organization.

lakersuck2, rfrocket, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

They did all they could while they were here. They ran into an all time great squad most Harden’s prime. I don’t agree with every move they made ( especially the CP3 trade/ both should have been told to shut up), but it was nice being in the mix after so long (90’s)

Dobbizzle, Deuce and Nook like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nah. The hater is too predictable.

Any thread that has hardens name on it btch Has to go in and rants and wail about harden.

10. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I must have summoned him, he proves me wrong by posting right after me.

11. futilman

futilman Member

the biggest misconception.
    MIDRANGE WAS ALLOWED AND ENCOURAGED IF PLAYERS WERE GOOD AT THEM.
    It was one of the biggest reasons why we got cp3. How do people still not understand this?

YOLO, Reeko and harold bingo like this.
  12. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Nah bro, you don't understand.

Since Ariza and Tucker were missing their 3's, this meant they should have gone ISO against KD and Draymond and shoot 16 footers!

Imagine had we switched up that gameplan after about 15 misses in a row, it would have looked like the Rockets were throwing the game.

13. alethios

alethios Member

All tha's missing from the big H3 is MDA, and that's happening in Philly too.

14. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

I miss Daryl's creativity with contracts, ability to hit late firsts and second rounders, and aggressiveness to make trades BUT in the process of making those trades he straddled the team with bad contract after bad contract making it impossible to ultimately get over the hump.

We can debate the "what if's" of CP3 not getting hurt etc but does not guarantee we would have one the championship.

He is no doubt the best GM we have had post NBA championships but it seems Rafa is being given the opportunity to tear it all down and build it back up the right way keeping the team lean in the event an opportunity to trade for a franchise player comes up or we start hitting on some picks.

LONG road to becoming a good team 2-3 more years.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

“I wish I knew how to quit you”

Dobbizzle, Plowman and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Hilarious

17. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

How in the world could you fit Butler, Harden, CP3 and Russ under the cap? It would be unlikely to even fit 3 of them under the cap with 'super max' contracts for Harden and Russ.

There is blame to be spread around:

• CP3 was out of shape when he played for us, compared to now - that was a factor in his injuries, and missing 20 games plus both seasons. He's figured out how to take better care of himself, but sadly for us, it was after he was traded to OKC.
    • Harden did want Russ, and was in favor of a Russ/CP3 trade. He planted the seed for that terrible trade.
    • Tilman forced the trade through over Morey's judgement, (even after Harden was ok with the trade not going through). So far, he's not a much better owner than Cal McNair, but time will tell if he can dig himself out of this huge hole.

All 3 of the above conspired to create the death spiral from NBA elite to NBA basement, but I'd give Tillman and Harden 40% of the blame, and CP3 20% of the blame.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris Paul was owed 40 millions a year.

While he was productive, you would not want to bet it on a hamstring......

Every week someone would whine about it.....lmao the whiners we are.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

He already told harden that the cp3 trade wasn’t going to happen. Tilman overruled everyone and did it anyway

Morey said of Harden. "When I let him know it probably wasn't going to happen, he was good. He understood. He said, 'Hey, if there's a way to make it happen, let's do it,' but he understands that you can't just snap your fingers and make things happen in the NBA. No one is out there trying to help us. It's always a dynamic when you're trying to get the deal done."

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

And all star and all nba appearances every year later since he’s been gone. Oh and throw in a finals appearance in there. And now with the beat record in the league. But but but he’s washed per cf’s

Dobbizzle likes this.